Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #29
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
The deal was MSRP, i'll update the first post and also point to this thread from the other forums.
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #30
Zl11952

Drives: Other
With the DOSP and QC hold being indefinite if it was me I would have the dealer change the order to what they would like to sell and try to get a refund. If the order is not changed the dealer would most likely have the right to retain the deposit since they are now selling a car they did not spec, ie. manual transmission cars are much harder to sell since most new car sales are autos now. If you signed an agreement for a non refundable deposit that may supercede State law. You should google this to find out.
Zl11952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #31
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl11952 View Post
With the DOSP and QC hold being indefinite if it was me I would have the dealer change the order to what they would like to sell and try to get a refund. If the order is not changed the dealer would most likely have the right to retain the deposit since they are now selling a car they did not spec, ie. manual transmission cars are much harder to sell since most new car sales are autos now. If you signed an agreement for a non refundable deposit that may supercede State law. You should google this to find out.
Once the order code hits 3400 you're screwed. Since it's not there yet, the dealer can easily cancel the order and as such, refund your money. Any other story from them is a flat out lie IMO.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #32
Villa

Drives: Tacoma, Cruze
I feel your pain. I had to back out as well. Mine was school decided to go back and its full time all my money is going there. Good luck to you and it will be your time soon enough
Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
You should have no problem getting your refund back if you cannot line up another buyer. I believe it is against the law. Many states, maybe all of them, allow three days after the purchase of a vehicle to return with full refund. Considering yours is not even built, there should be no prob on returning your deposit. With that said, I am really sorry about having to deal with this in the first place. But your right, you will likely end up with a better version (i.e. more HP, upgraded interior, RECARO's) by waiting for another MY.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Man I would so love to take that off your hands, but my problem is my 2011 SS which I haven't be able to sell. Don't get me wrong. LOVE my SS, but its not a ZL1... Hope you find the car a nice home

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #35
dragonslayer

Drives: 1988 Toyota Tercel
You should take the advice of others on here.
1. The car is at 3000 which means its not even scheduled to be built.
2. You should be able to cancel the order or change the order up until prior 3300...
3. I do not think by lining someone else up to buy a car that you do not want will help you by gaining leverage to get your deposit back.
4. Do you have anything in writing? Do they have your signature on anything?
5. You cannot sell or make a deal on something you do not even own.
Most people will realize this.
6. I think you will find your dealer more sympathetic if you simply tell them the truth, and tell them your current situation. They have trusted you up to this point which might lead them to order a MY 13' for you when you get ready for it.
7. Make it easy on yourself and not get a third party involved to take over your special ordered car. It will just make things more complicated for you and the third party, and the dealer.
8. IF the car DOES get shipped and delivered, the dealer will have no problem selling it but why let it go that far?
9. Did you pay cash or use a credit card? If you used a card go to your financing institution and they will reverse the charge for you.
10. The dealer can take your name off the order if he has someone in line, make all the changes to the order for the new customer, etc and allow the order to go through. That way the dealer does not lose credit for the allocation, or lose money via a penalty for not selling a sold order.

I wish you the best of luck with all this.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #36
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I will tell them the truth, and hope they are sympathetic. The way I see it is if they work with me here I'll definitely come back to them. If not then next time I may go with someone else. I called today but my guy wasnt there so I left a message for him to call me back. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I did call the general attorneys office who sent me to the office of consumer protection who told me to call The state Bar (I think that's right) but i didn't call them. But I'm just going to be straight up with the dealer and tell them if they do right by me on this they won't regret it.
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #37
swaugie

Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
If you put your deposit on a credit card and they refuse to give you a refund, most credit cards only give you 60 days to dispute a charge so I wouldn't waste a lot of time. As far as the allocation goes, the dealer won't lose out on anything since they are on an allocated basis. The only way it hurts them is if they don't sell it which is highly unlikely. Now if they order a sold order on a unit with no allocation constraints and don't deliver it to that customer it would just count against future allocations.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote