Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #15
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
I found a set of CCFL style afterburners for a good price from a guy that installed them into a new set of lights and just didn't like the end result! I was glad to take them off his hands, they should be shipping out by tomorrow, can't wait to have them put on!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #16
SSINSTR
Michelin Man Assassin

Drives: '10 IBM 2SS/RS LS3
I actually asked the guy at the local body shop about painting the bezels and he said your best bet would be to just cover them with black vinyl. Something about how you cant sand them enough to get the paint to stick??? Said they did one and the guy was back in a month with the paint flaking off. Sounded kinda screwy because I figured that as long as you sanded all the chrome paint off you would be good to go. However I am NO expert when it comes to paint and they are a pretty reputable body shop so I took his word for it. I do not know if they used adhesion promoter or not.

scythezo6 how long have you had yours painted and how are they holding up. I HATE the chrome look on any performance car and these have been an eyesore since the day I picked her up.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #17
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
@TXGooch...do I have a pic of my afterburners in my garage? If not, i'll try and post one up here.

@SSinister... Hydrocoating is another option...even my rear bowtie and bezels fat Agee peels on them..doesn't take much. But I think the guy who painted mine didn't prep them correctly. But I'm just assuming.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
i just finished painting my bezels with some black metallic paint i picked up from home depot. I sanded them down with 400 and 600 grit 3M sand paper.

Got one more coat of clear coat to spray on them but so far they look pretty sweet. I'll let you guys know how they hold up.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
JUst delete the bezel completely. Add your afterburner CFFL's and Wrap the tail light house with marine casket.

Looks fantastic...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #20
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
That looks very nice too.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #21
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
JUst delete the bezel completely. Add your afterburner CFFL's and Wrap the tail light house with marine casket.

Looks fantastic...
Up close can you see where the tabs from the bezels used to be? I have seen a few up close pics of the car without the bezels at all and that was the case.....