Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #15
jandaseve

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 1SS/RS Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
Since its mandatory

Other photos on my profile page

Nice photos Hightower
I see the sharkfin goes to the trunk on the convertible. Is it placed on there offcenter or is that judt look that way from that angle in the pic?
jandaseve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
rewski

Drives: '12 45th 2SS Vert
2SS 45th Vert here in Denver, CO. My daily driver. Love every trip I take in it...even in the snow!

rewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #17
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
yeah, quite a bit. i think it's another 1.5" over the no sunroof counterpart.
Oh wow, that's interesting. Well like you mentioned, you need that 1.5".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlu10 View Post
man i didnt even notice that thats my wife running someone over she cant drive a stick

Hope she didn't run you over taking that pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post
I see the sharkfin goes to the trunk on the convertible. Is it placed on there offcenter or is that judt look that way from that angle in the pic?
it's in the middle, that stripe just makes it look offset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewski View Post
2SS 45th Vert here in Denver, CO. My daily driver. Love every trip I take in it...even in the snow!

I knew I recognized that eight ball again!
And glad to see another daily driver around here! Same for me!
What rims are those? They look like they're made by Rockstar. And did you black out the badges? How'd you go about doing that? Vinyl or paint?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #18
doubletrouble

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
2 SS with sunroof, powder coated wheels with black lug nuts, Black billet bowties, tinted windows, tinted side markers and fog lights, pcv catch can, OEM strut tower brace, OEM sub box and amp, OEM ambient interior lighting.
2012 45th Anniversary 2SS ~ powder coated factory wheels w/ black lug nuts, tinted windows, factory strut tower brace, Elite Engineering catch can, OEM-sub box, ambient lighting, trunk mat, Black billet front and rear bowties, tinted front and rear side marker lights, tinted fog lights, ADM race air intake with scoop, Roto Fab washer bottle, Black SS strut tower covers, Kooks long tube headers with full Kooks exhaust, Janetty Racing email tune. Best 1/4 mile time so far 13.80
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #19
SC2PRKR
2012 SS 45th Just Arrived

Drives: 2014 Z71 Silverado
2SS, Hurst Shifter, Sunroof, Blacked out Bow Ties, Tinted Windows, CAI. Love the car, picked up 11/20/11.....LOVE IT. A cover like that would be cool
SC2PRKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:48 PM   #20
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post

Yes it is centered, also painted to match the Carbon Flash, ( another small but nice change on the 12's )

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #21
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
I'm one of the few who have gone psychotic with it and dove straight into the engine. No regrets at all =).

edit - here is a horrible video I took with my phone the other day after getting my car back from the shop. Just idling with the new setup below. Intentionally put my finger over the mic a few times to show volume differential.

Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #22
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
2 SS with sunroof, powder coated wheels with black lug nuts, Black billet bowties, tinted windows, tinted side markers and fog lights, pcv catch can, OEM strut tower brace, OEM sub box and amp, OEM ambient interior lighting.
I want to black mine out similarly to yours. However I don't think I can touch the rims as my father bought the road hazard protection plans so I'm pretty sure if I powdercoat them (like I planned to do) I'll void the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2PRKR View Post
2SS, Hurst Shifter, Sunroof, Blacked out Bow Ties, Tinted Windows, CAI. Love the car, picked up 11/20/11.....LOVE IT. A cover like that would be cool
Soon to be almost identical to yours! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
I'm one of the few who have gone psychotic with it and dove straight into the engine. No regrets at all =).
I commend you on doing it! I wish I could, a tune would be wonderful! How'd you like the feel over stock? I bet it's great!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #23
Ocikat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
The sunroof takes up room? I had no idea, haha, I'm 6'1" so I don't notice I guess.
Yes definately loose some headroom there with the sunroof, had an 11 RJT before the 45th, not an issue with me too much except at the track with helmet on, always bumping on the roof :(

mandatory photo --->
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #24
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
I commend you on doing it! I wish I could, a tune would be wonderful! How'd you like the feel over stock? I bet it's great!
It's easily one of the best things I've done. The change was so dramatic any time I get in the car I can't help but have the biggest permagrin. I know it's not true, but I feel like I have the fastest car on the planet and I couldn't be happier. When you get on it you kind of see time and space warp around you.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #25
Ocikat

just an FYI for anyone interested http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=287 is a 45th owners group thread

Last edited by Ocikat; 12-07-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #26
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
Yes definately loose some headroom there with the sunroof, had an 11 RJT before the 45th, not an issue with me too much except at the track with helmet on, always bumping on the roof :(

mandatory photo --->
Nice previous ride as well! What color is that?
And I wish I could one up your mandatory photo, but mine is of my not as cool as yours previous ride :

(take a guess which one it is..... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
It's easily one of the best things I've done. The change was so dramatic any time I get in the car I can't help but have the biggest permagrin. I know it's not true, but I feel like I have the fastest car on the planet and I couldn't be happier. When you get on it you kind of see time and space warp around you.
Just watched your video and I can already tell your car sounds SO bad a$$!!!! That is exactly how I would want my camaro to sound, literally. I love that growling rumbling sound an aftermarket cam gives. Reminds me of the old school classics!
And it sounds equally bad a$$ to ride in your camaro!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #27
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus

Drives: SS 45th
Mine car looks SO much better than all of yours.
Bone stock. Its a 2SS L99 + Sunroof (That's what was on the lot and I fell in love with it during the test drive and, like a kid in a candy store, I just couldn't live without it).

Its a daily driver so I won't be doing too much in the way of performance upgrades. The MPG is bad enough already. I WILL eventually do COA and full exhaust though (when I find some good choices of exhausts that overcome the helmholtz resonance issues).

Mandatory pics because apparently mine doesn't look exactly like yours? :

Name:  ss45th_1.jpg
Views: 2998
Size:  282.4 KB

Name:  ss45th_2.jpg
Views: 2897
Size:  197.0 KB

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
dolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #28
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolt45 View Post
Mine car looks SO much better than all of yours.
Bone stock. Its a 2SS L99 + Sunroof (That's what was on the lot and I fell in love with it during the test drive and, like a kid in a candy store, I just couldn't live without it).

Its a daily driver so I won't be doing too much in the way of performance upgrades. The MPG is bad enough already. I WILL eventually do COA and full exhaust though (when I find some good choices of exhausts that overcome the helmholtz resonance issues).

Mandatory pics because apparently mine doesn't look exactly like yours? :
what's your MPG? i have the M6 and live in downtown dallas. i've been getting 13.5mpg with a 23mph average this tank...

i've been told it gets better with miles; i believe it since i was getting 12.5 last tank
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote