Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
watching
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
ajjones44

Drives: Fast
I have been waiting for this also. I checked their site and in a thread one of the Ridetech guys mentioned they are releasing a kit sometime this month or next month.
ajjones44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:48 AM   #17
leandrebean

Drives: 2000 mits eclipse (2010 Camao soon)
Check out this Link
http://www.jadecrew.com/2010-camaro-...by-air-runner/

I also know any good Mechanic can set up a system using strut style airbags
leandrebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #18
JadeWBJ

Drives: 2003 Infiniti M45
I am the guy who wrote the article on the air runner suspension for the New Camaro. I am set to install a set in my 03 Infiniti M45 in the next month.

I have been falling in love with the new Camaro since it came out, I think Chevy hit it out of the park with that car.

A lot of people confuse Air Suspensions with Hydrolics. Hydos weld a fixed cylinder in place of the shock/strut resulting in a horrible ride.

The Air Runners actually take a set of KYB performance struts and place a "bag" where the spring would go. The new technology is so good that the Mercedes Benz CL63 AMG is running the same style setup.

They allow you maximum tunability with push button control. I love coilovers but they are a pain in the ass to adjust.

Check the site for a full review of the Air Runners once they go in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”
Jeremy Clarkson

http://www.jadecrew.com
JadeWBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:34 AM   #19
SikMaro

Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
will be getting an air ride performance suspension tester. will post pics when done

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
Bags on a camaro
Bags are for lowered trucks not for cars and camaros especially IMO.

Please dont be hitting switches on your camaro..
1. no matter what system you get you WILL have problems with it (leaks etc.) it's gona cost you way more than what it's worth.
2. It's a HUGE ticket of cought by a cop hitn switches, modified suspension and considered a moving violatoion. After all that you got to go get it removed for the fix it ticket he gave you as well.
3. Camaro's aren't ment to be ghetofied.

my 2 cents
youngoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #21
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..a 5th riding on 3 wheels?
..like the 'slammed' look, though
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #22
XclusivEric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to XclusivEric
Ok air suspension is not ghetto, maybe on hoopty cars ie... 80's Monte Carlos, Impala's, etc.. etc. Air suspension is used in many variety of vehicles despite the ignorant assumption that they are used on "ghetto" vehicles. Actually semi trucks and tractor trailers use air suspension, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz are just another few. They aren't hydraulics... which offer no ride quality. Pro's? Anyone who isn't ignorant about air suspension and did research know what they are. Con's? Well I'd have to add to that list. To include cost and availability. You also have possibilities of your bags leaking, getting pin holes in them. Not too mention for all you racers out there, the added amount of wieght especially for the air tank and compressor. Also there is a wait time when you start up your vehicle for air pressure to build up in your tank to fill your bags. So if you want to ride around town comfortably just on a cruise and have the money to spend then sure.... get air suspension. But if you want to take your vehicle to the track and use it for what it was made to be then... go with coilovers. You know what would be sweet?? If they made coilovers that were electronically height adjustable. That would eliminate airbags all together. There would be absolutely no use for them. You'd have all the pro's that airbags give you with none of their con's! Maybe the engineers reading this thread should get on top of that. You'd almost have a monopoly on the suspension market.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
Brian@AirLift

Drives: AirLifted Camaro
Your opinion on Air Suspension is not uncommon, but, unfortunately, outdated. Air Lift in particular has gone out and proven the performance capability of this type of suspension when properly engineered and tuned. Weight gain is minimal, usually around 25# (check the weight of those big wheels or stereo systems..). Leaks are almost non-existent with proper installation and "pinholes" in the bags are not something I have ever seen after working on these systems for 10 years.

Please read the links below starting with the first where our very first prototype build competed in the Silver State Challenge at an average speed of 150mph!! Not to mention driving from Michigan to Nevada and back again to compete.

And this week we will be at Camaro5fest giving track rides to people in a 600hp supercharged car with our Performance Air Suspension.

Not trying to dig on you, just trying to educate as many people as possible on the real benefits and flexibility that air suspension can have when properly done.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=64867&page=6

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...%22air+lift%22

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123108

Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusivEric View Post
Ok air suspension is not ghetto, maybe on hoopty cars ie... 80's Monte Carlos, Impala's, etc.. etc. Air suspension is used in many variety of vehicles despite the ignorant assumption that they are used on "ghetto" vehicles. Actually semi trucks and tractor trailers use air suspension, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz are just another few. They aren't hydraulics... which offer no ride quality. Pro's? Anyone who isn't ignorant about air suspension and did research know what they are. Con's? Well I'd have to add to that list. To include cost and availability. You also have possibilities of your bags leaking, getting pin holes in them. Not too mention for all you racers out there, the added amount of wieght especially for the air tank and compressor. Also there is a wait time when you start up your vehicle for air pressure to build up in your tank to fill your bags. So if you want to ride around town comfortably just on a cruise and have the money to spend then sure.... get air suspension. But if you want to take your vehicle to the track and use it for what it was made to be then... go with coilovers. You know what would be sweet?? If they made coilovers that were electronically height adjustable. That would eliminate airbags all together. There would be absolutely no use for them. You'd have all the pro's that airbags give you with none of their con's! Maybe the engineers reading this thread should get on top of that. You'd almost have a monopoly on the suspension market.
Brian@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote