Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #29
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Don't want to bore anyone, but just wanted to post an update. I decided not to change the oil to the Royal Purple and took the car out to do some slow figure 8 driving. It didn't help the problem at all so I dropped off the car at the dealership on Monday morning.

I got a call from the service technician; after looking at the car and speaking with GM they decided to replace the rear-end "casing." I'm not sure what that is but he said it should take 3-5 days because they have to wait for the part to be delivered.

Hope that fixes the issue!

“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #30
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Back in college, a friend was going for a degree in Electrical Power Technology.
One of the questions on a mid-term (I think) was, 'Why do transformers hum?'

He answered ' Because they don't know the words'.
Teacher didn't think it was funny, didn't even give him partial credit (grin).

true story.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos_ss View Post
Don't want to bore anyone, but just wanted to post an update. I decided not to change the oil to the Royal Purple and took the car out to do some slow figure 8 driving. It didn't help the problem at all so I dropped off the car at the dealership on Monday morning.

I got a call from the service technician; after looking at the car and speaking with GM they decided to replace the rear-end "casing." I'm not sure what that is but he said it should take 3-5 days because they have to wait for the part to be delivered.

Hope that fixes the issue!
Not boring and keep us posted. Mine hums loudest at 60 to 70 and would like info on the fix. I doubt its only the casing. Probably the whole diff assembly.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #32
kaos_ss

Last update. I picked up my car on Friday. I've only driven it a few times but it sounds like they fixed the problem. The car doesn't moan or chatter anymore during turns. And the original hum problem is very minimal. So at this point I'm happy with the work performed on the car.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #33
Baer383

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray
Quote:
Last update. I picked up my car on Friday. I've only driven it a few times but it sounds like they fixed the problem. The car doesn't moan or chatter anymore during turns. And the original hum problem is very minimal. So at this point I'm happy with the work performed on the car.
So what did they do?

MODS, a lot of money,a lot of parts,a lot of time,a lot of patience.

754 RWHP 747 RWTQ 93 Octane

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347243
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #34
kaos_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer383 View Post
So what did they do?
I was told that the replaced the "casing." What exactly that means or what parts are included...I'm not sure.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
11B250

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
I was told that the replaced the "casing." What exactly that means or what parts are included...I'm not sure.
I believe it's what houses the axle. not the 'lid' piece but the actual axle piece. someone can confirm of course.
11B250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Great to hear!

Glad it appears your concerns have been resolved. Let us know how the vehicle continues to operate as you continue to drive it.

Regards,

William R.
Buick Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #37
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
..non specific but thanks. Guys, get to know your service writer...personally, get a repoire with them...crawl underneath the car on the lift, ask questions....get some skin in the game. Dilly dolly answers don't help us here.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #38
kaos_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..non specific but thanks. Guys, get to know your service writer...personally, get a repoire with them...crawl underneath the car on the lift, ask questions....get some skin in the game. Dilly dolly answers don't help us here.

You are a douche. That specific enough?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #39
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
You are a douche. That specific enough?
..not really, thanks for sharing potty mouth. That was a hollow non specific answer you chose to hitch your wagon on. If that was good enough for you, then you are a Lemming and I wish luck to you down the road with your service department. If it boils down to it was fixed, and I dont know WTF they did to fix it... or they gave some non descprit answer that means nothing other than for you to parrot like you know what you are talking about, then feel good about yourself. If you are not capable of asking or knowing, dont post. BTW there's some nice Jersey shore sand you can pound bro', just sayin....