Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #99
meshamey
Meshamey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLA2011ss View Post
Its really your decision... If you want n/a hp, bore it out to a 427, do heads/cam, do a 373 rear end and boltons.. Will put you around 600rwhp and be very fast, it would beat an eforce at the same hp for sure + naturally aspirated hp is extremely safe and a would be better for resale... If you go with stock block and s/c there's much more of a risk of engine damage. Also take into account the wear and tear, the s/c maintenance, high IAT's of a top mount set up..refill on meth if you go that route...honestly IMO I'd do a forged 416 with a centrifugal s/c... OR if your dead set on just a s/c a centrifugal s/c is the way to go, the power is there when you want it but your not always in boost, you could daily drive it, it's very reliable, it looks very nice on the engine bay, sounds incredible and pulls VERY hard. Without meth the 600rwhp or less would be very safe. A company that is local to me that builds ALOT of cars from around the country is Lethal Racing,( lafayette, la) they have done everything to my car from gauges, engine work, suspension and everything in between. Great customer service and extremely smart guys. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Holy crap, talk about bring a thread back from the dead 2 1/2 yrs old since last post
meshamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:40 AM   #100
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Go home MikeLa your drunk.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #101
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Drinking on a Sunday night at that :O
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
ducatisl is offline   Reply With Quote