Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #827
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
Who are the Cowboys? Are they a new team? I've only heard of the Cowgirls. WHO DAT!

Sorry, but that joke seemed appropriate and because I am delirious from working so late, it was much funnier lol...
You must be delirious with that kind of material for a joke. What's next Tony Homo? Since we are using some of the oldest jokes I've ever heard let's take it back to the 90's and say the Cowboys are a bunch of coke heads.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #828
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Picked up my car yesterday. Had 13 miles on odometer(as was considered normal) Everyone was right on about handling, cornering or otherwise clinging to the road. This baby has exceeded my expectations. Really is the way the Camaro SS should be built. Also had my winter wheels installed at the dealership, and frankly it still feels as good as the sticky's. Now, keep in mind i'm not at the racetrack, but still feel the car is in the groove. The dual mode is awesome, especially when going thru the gears like you mean it! Going for another drive.....i'm addicted lol
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #829
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Picked up my car yesterday. Had 13 miles on odometer(as was considered normal) Everyone was right on about handling, cornering or otherwise clinging to the road. This baby has exceeded my expectations. Really is the way the Camaro SS should be built. Also had my winter wheels installed at the dealership, and frankly it still feels as good as the sticky's. Now, keep in mind i'm not at the racetrack, but still feel the car is in the groove. The dual mode is awesome, especially when going thru the gears like you mean it! Going for another drive.....i'm addicted lol
Pics! What kind of wheels and tires are you using for your winter setup?
Old 12-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #830
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
you guys think yours are dirty coming off a truck? have you ever seen one coming off a boat? WOW was all i could say when i picked up my car after transferring here. and then they give me a coupon for a free automatic car wash...really? i know it's just a cavalier, but i do give a shit about things...
DO NOT AUTO WASH THE 1LE -- there's a warning tag on the shifter. I know this was already talked about and you'll see your warning. HAND WASH ONLY, Boys and Gals!
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #831
CrystalRedTintcoat

The Triple Take

So, I'm feeling a bit better, working from home and SLAMMED with work so I'll make this brief and catch up with all the postings here and on C5 tonight ...

Making some tea in my kitchen and dry toast (did I say I'm sick of this?) I saw a guy walking on the sidewalk out front. (Yes, my 1LE is a DD and will be outside - yell at me now. Sorry). Anyway, I wanted to see if he would look at the car. Not only did he glance at it, he did THREE times. He kept looking at it then where he was walking then back at the car three times. NICE!

When I went to pick it up yesterday at first glance I didn't realize this was MY car. I saw it, then looked around for the car, then immediately stared back at it. 1.2 seconds later I realized this was THE car ... my car! Neat.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #832
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
I know you asked scubadoo this question but you aren't touching the wheels in the Bay Area are you?

There's apparently another (silver) 1LE in the Bay Area from Capitol Chevrolet. I was the first at Courtes y Chevrolet.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #833
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
DO NOT AUTO WASH THE 1LE -- there's a warning tag on the shifter. I know this was already talked about and you'll see your warning. HAND WASH ONLY, Boys and Gals!
A warning tag? Hah that's cool. I hate auto-washes anyway so that coupon was less than worthless to me. I've been thinking about taking the wrap off and doing some hood spears.

I need to hurry up and take delivery...too many ideas floating around and no driving yet :(

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #834
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
So, I'm feeling a bit better, working from home and SLAMMED with work so I'll make this brief and catch up with all the postings here and on C5 tonight ...

Making some tea in my kitchen and dry toast (did I say I'm sick of this?) I saw a guy walking on the sidewalk out front. (Yes, my 1LE is a DD and will be outside - yell at me now. Sorry). Anyway, I wanted to see if he would look at the car. Not only did he glance at it, he did THREE times. He kept looking at it then where he was walking then back at the car three times. NICE!

When I went to pick it up yesterday at first glance I didn't realize this was MY car. I saw it, then looked around for the car, then immediately stared back at it. 1.2 seconds later I realized this was THE car ... my car! Neat.
Get used to it all these fith gens still turn heads. A 1LE forget about it!! Stay humble my friend.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #835
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
I posted pics before and after Wheels on the video/pic thread! They are OEM SS 20' rims with the Pirelli Zero tires. Bought them from another C5 member
Old 12-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #836
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Quote:
A warning tag? Hah that's cool. I hate auto-washes anyway so that coupon was less than worthless to me. I've been thinking about taking the wrap off and doing some hood spears.

I need to hurry up and take delivery...too many ideas floating around and no driving yet :(
Ozzy, I thought of removing the wrap too, bit after seeing up close, it really was done well, and i'm keeping it!
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #837
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Quote:

Hey there, just wanted to say congats on you car delivery. Sorry you and the family are sick, but that awesome CRT is great medicine! Enjoy.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #838
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Ozzy, I thought of removing the wrap too, bit after seeing up close, it really was done well, and i'm keeping it!
I've got no doubt that it's well done, i was just thinking of what SoCal said about it being better to remove it earlier than later, and the extra care required for it, lifetime of the vinyl, etc...and I really like hood spears anyway.

That being said, all opinions of mine might change after taking delivery anyway lol. That's why i need to have it in front of me already! until then, nothing is certain...
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #839
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Quote:
I've got no doubt that it's well done, i was just thinking of what SoCal said about it being better to remove it earlier than later, and the extra care required for it, lifetime of the vinyl, etc...and I really like hood spears anyway.

That being said, all opinions of mine might change after taking delivery anyway lol. That's why i need to have it in front of me already! until then, nothing is certain...
That's how I felt, and hey, we're entitled to change our mind, Because it's our car and we personalize them. Hope you get yours before Christmas!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #840
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I couldn't imagine anyone letting their 1LE go through one of those car was places.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote