Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #29
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Love the color. Looks like the '85 Camaro light blue, but with more metallics.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #30
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
I could live with the hotwheels badges even though it's not my thing but I could not live with the $7,000 pricetag. I'm sure it will be worth it to some and will have no problem selling, it's just not for me. The thing that worries me most about the price is that I think they would be less likely to offer this color later on other models since this blue is the main attraction of the package. Can't remember the price of the Synergy edition but I'm sure it was much less. But, when people demanded that synergy green be offered for all Camaros they eventually made it happen. All we can do is hope this sells out quickly for our best chance at getting this blue. The article says this is a limited edition. Does anybody know what the limits are?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #31
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
It has the dreaded 21 inch wheels. Love the color! Probably time limited for production.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #32
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
So what you're telling me is that this color will only be available with the hotwheels package?

WTF GM? What kind of B.S. is this?
As of right now, yes. That doesn't mean this won't be a regular production color at some point though. Look at what GM has done with special colors on the Camaro. Synergy Green is really the only package package specific color that they've done up to this point and that ended up being a regular production color the following year. I would imagine that if this color does make it to regular production, it will be limited like SG was.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #33
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
From The Detroit News:

October 27, 2012 at 1:00 am
GM toying with Camaro

Mattel partnership yields 1st life-size Hot Wheels model
  • By Melissa Burden
  • The Detroit News

The special edition Hot Wheels Camaro, above, available in coupe and convertible models as a $6,995 option, with its smaller cousin. (General Motors)

Hot Wheels fans: You'll soon be able to rev a real engine, take that "toy" car for a spin and buy a Hot Wheels for real.
General Motors Co. and California-based Mattel Inc.'s Hot Wheels brand have teamed up to create the Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Special Edition. It marks the first time the iconic toy brand has worked with a manufacturer to design and produce a production car.
"It's the first time a fan can go out and buy a real Hot Wheels car that they can go out and drive around," said Felix Holst, vice president of design for Hot Wheels.
Chevy early next year will roll out the limited-edition Hot Wheels Camaro — complete with an exclusive kinetic blue metallic exterior accented by the red Hot Wheels flame logo on the front quarter panels and embroidered on the front leather seats — as a $6,995 option.
The special edition Camaro with red-lined wheels and special graphics is available in a coupe or convertible, in the 2LT (V-6 engine) and 2SS (V-8 engine) trims. The Hot Wheels logo also will be adorned on the front grille, rear deck and on the sill plates in the doors.
The Camaro was one of the first 16 toy cars produced by Hot Wheels in 1968. Hot Wheels has sold millions of the Camaro toy car since then, far more than the about 5 million Camaros Chevrolet has since sold since the muscle car was introduced as a 1967 model.
The new life-size Hot Wheels are likely to bring smiles to multiple generations of fans, who have played with and collected the mini cars since their inception. "Who wouldn't want to grow up and drive a Hot Wheels car," said John Fitzpatrick, marketing manager for Chevrolet Performance cars, who expects the vehicle to attract both Hot Wheels and Camaro enthusiasts.
The special Hot Wheels Camaro, with the exterior look of the Camaro ZL1, is slated for production from January to June 2013. Chevy dealers will begin taking orders Nov. 1 and it will be available to buyers in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Europe and the Middle East.
"We're very excited about this," said Jim Campbell, GM's U.S. vice president of performance vehicles and motorsports.
The toy-turned-real-life car will make its debut next week at the trade-only 2012 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
"I saw the car last week and it is beautiful," Holst added. "It is fantastic. It really oozes Hot Wheels without being too over the top. It's got a custom flare to it. … It's a real muscle car."
It was just before SEMA in 2010, when brainstorming for building a full-size Hot Wheels car began. The two companies have worked together for more than 40 years and Holst said Hot Wheels designers showed concept ideas to Chevy designers during that event. They collaborated to design a full-size concept Hot Wheels Camaro that was shown at last year's SEMA Show to rave reviews.
But the concept's metallic green finish wasn't production viable. Ultimately, designers chose medium blue, similar to a spectraflame blue used on Hot Wheels toy cars in the 1960s and to an aqua blue exterior paint Chevy receives many requests to bring back into production, Fitzpatrick said.
"We wanted something to stand out that people would notice that would really show off the lines of the Camaro and tie back into the original Hot Wheels car," Fitzpatrick said.
Hot Wheels, which makes 6 million die-cast cars every week, is planning to produce a replica toy car of the production Hot Wheels Camaro. A few hundred will be given out at SEMA and a commemorative Hot Wheels Camaro will be available in a special pack at dealers.
Consumers can also find one on store shelves early next year, Holst said.
mburden@detnews.com
(313) 222-2319

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2AVxOF9ee
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
What is the accessory grille in body color? The heritage?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #35
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykson View Post
It has the dreaded 21 inch wheels. Love the color! Probably time limited for production.
Is it safe to assume that the wheels are dealer installed and that you will be recieving a total of 2 sets of wheels at this price?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #36
PYROLYSIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
What is the accessory grille in body color? The heritage?
Yes. The hotwheels edition that we are talking about doesn't have it but you can get the body color painted heritage grill on the other Camaros.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #37
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Is it safe to assume that the wheels are dealer installed and that you will be recieving a total of 2 sets of wheels at this price?
No. The wheels are listed with the other regular production wheels so they will more than likely be installed at the factory. The LPO wheels are the ones that are installed at the dealership.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #38
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I want this color. I hope GM makes it a standard color like they did with Synergy Green. I guess I'll hold out to the 2014 production to get a 1LE to wait and see. I enjoy my current camaro and can wait on the 1LE. I currently want it in Summit White, but this Kinect Blue is awesome too. Decisions, decisions.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #39
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
$7000 extra and it has a zl1 grill with hotwheels over the badge. any pics of the interior?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #40
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I also think the blue looks amazing and hope GM decides to offer it as a option on a "regular" Camaro. Slightly off topic.....I LOVE the look of the ZL1 grill, ZL1 rockers, Zl1 spoiler, and 1LE front splitter together on this Camaro. Might be the next pieces on my to buy list

I watched a video posted my a member on how to take off the "SS" rockers and I am super afraid of damaging the Camaro body panels and decided right then and there I wouldn't be buying the Zl1 rockers. I think they look awesome and now I'm thinking about them once again :(.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #41
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Love that blue, very nice
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #42
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
I like it, I always say driving my Camaro every day is like driving a large Hot Wheels car.

Closed Thread