Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Mod007

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
GOOD NEWS GUYS my broken axle WILL NOT be covered under warranty bc i have 3/32" less tread on my rear tires than my front and i have an after market exhaust. So its gonn be $520 if they fix it or $310 if i fix it. Its safe to say i will never buy a new GM vehicle again
WOW that is some !!! Who is your dealer we need to put them on the black list.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #16
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Congrats. And with the number of others that have broken on the site, I believe over 20 I would say it is a weak part issue and should be covered.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #17
cdn111

Drives: 2009 Traverse
that should definitely be covered. Not like you were doing something with the car that it wasn't made to handle. I would be contacting th service manager..then on up.. tires wear and 3/32 should make no difference to them. That is the worst excuse I have ever heard. GM WOULD NOT put a warranty blcok on that car for those reasons guaranteed. Dont blame GM..it's the dealer trying to get to you. Really sad to hear .
cdn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #18
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDoc View Post
I'm sure they are equating the discrepancy between the tire tread depth from the front and rear tires to doing burn-outs, which they are likely treating as abuse. As far as the exhaust, perhaps additional performance gains that beyond "original" specs that contributed to the axle failure????

Because the OP's dealer denied it, his information is likely flagged in the system and other dealers will not be able to warranty it, even if they wanted to do so. Sucks, but some dealers are much more picky than others.
This is why it is very important to "feel out" a dealer before you take anything in for warranty work. Dealers that do a huge amount of Corvette sales and service are good places to start. Since they are more accepting of alot of performance mods. Also try to find a dealer that needs your business. Some dealers are so busy, they could care less about keeping you as a customer.

Last edited by mtcwby; 09-10-2009 at 04:52 PM.
mtcwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #19
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
I wouldn't push the car till GM gets a hold of the issues with stuff breaking in the tranny and rear end, they should have issued a TSB by now for an upgraded part. this is happening way to much to not be recognized by GM.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
GOOD NEWS GUYS my broken axle WILL NOT be covered under warranty bc i have 3/32" less tread on my rear tires than my front and i have an after market exhaust. So its gonn be $520 if they fix it or $310 if i fix it. Its safe to say i will never buy a new GM vehicle again
now that is crazy
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #21
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Interesting thread. On my way up to Canada last week, I got a tire pressure sensor warning in the drivers rear tire. after a few miles it came back, and the warning reset with a restart. I got up to Zoro mufflers to do my exhaust system and bam...........grease all in my inner wheel. And at the time I was going 65 steady on the highway.

These CV boot are defective for sure. My dealer ordered my parts to replace when they come in about 3 weeks. Also replacing the axle.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #22
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I can understand their refusal to warranty this particular part if you did any driveline mods that caused this OE part to fail. But refusing warranty because of the tire tread and exhaust mod???? There has to be more to this story.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #23
mtcwby

I just got a call from my Service Advisor, Gregg Johnson at Davidson-Gebhardt in Loveland, CO. He told me that they are overnighting a new half shaft and I should have my car back by tomorrow afternoon. Great Job Chevrolet, My faith in my choice of cars has been restored.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
I can't believe all the crying and moaning for you guys expecting GM to fix your car under warranty for you clearing abusing your car. I wouldn't expect too many cars to handle 4k clutch drops for too long before wearing down or breaking something.

I can damn guarantee I can pull up to the dealer in my 80k Z06 with a broken halfshaft and they wouldn't repair it either if I was doing stuff to my car like that..
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011RS/SS View Post
I can't believe all the crying and moaning for you guys expecting GM to fix your car under warranty for you clearing abusing your car. I wouldn't expect too many cars to handle 4k clutch drops for too long before wearing down or breaking something.

I can damn guarantee I can pull up to the dealer in my 80k Z06 with a broken halfshaft and they wouldn't repair it either if I was doing stuff to my car like that..
you paid 80k in 2008 for a ZO6?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #26
mtcwby

Quote:

Man, did they see you coming. I would fully expect these cars to handle 4k
clutch drops, since the launch control, that was designed by GM, sets the
engine rpms to 4200 to 4800 rpms. And the owners manual gives us directions on how to use it. Why wouldn't you expect the car to handle it?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #27
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
I forgot to mention, my grease came out WITHOUT a noticable place where it came from. We could not find a loose ring, tear or pull back in the rubber boot.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #28
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:

I have been doing 4k clutch drops since may 2008. no reason this car shouldn't be able to handle it ESPECIALLY when launch control came as a standard feature set to 4200+ rpm...
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote