Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #197
mdub76

Drives: 2010 2ss/RS IOM GFX M6
i was quoted @ $249, they are on back order right now
mdub76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #198
5thGenCamaroKid
No fat chix, car scrapes.

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2510 View Post
Heck yeah I'm ordering tomorrow from Rodgers...how much are they? List is like 331 and the dealers around me want a 1le vin number to order.
That's ridiculous. Befriend someone in the business - they'll be able to get them for you at their cost, which is right around $210.
5thGenCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #199
JTRJSS
THE GREEN GOBLIN

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Rally Green Met.10 Spd AT
Any one have the part number for the rear axle control arm for the 1LE? I want to change my 2011 SS over to the longer sway bar that is on the 1LE and I need to change to the newer control arm.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #200
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
don't forget to adjusts your tune so the speedo isn't off (or the shifting in the case of an auto).. keep us posted!
I'm not sure since I haven't looked at a newer camaro calibration tune but it is possible they might only use the wheel speed sensors for vehicle speed. If that ends up being true then you wouldn't need to get a tune for a rear gear change. The car would only care how fast the wheels are turning, not the rear end.
Maybe I'll have to read my VCM with HPT sometime and see how the speed calibration is set up in it.
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #201
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Are the gears American Axle?
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #202
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
I'm not sure since I haven't looked at a newer camaro calibration tune but it is possible they might only use the wheel speed sensors for vehicle speed. If that ends up being true then you wouldn't need to get a tune for a rear gear change. The car would only care how fast the wheels are turning, not the rear end.
Maybe I'll have to read my VCM with HPT sometime and see how the speed calibration is set up in it.
Allow me. If you have an automatic, you absolutely need to calibrate for the gear change.
Attached Images

Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #203
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

And gears change how fast the wheels are spinning. Did you think that gears only change the rotational speed of the axles and not the wheels?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #204
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRJSS View Post
Any one have the part number for the rear axle control arm for the 1LE? I want to change my 2011 SS over to the longer sway bar that is on the 1LE and I need to change to the newer control arm.
Rear Lower Control Arm (SS, ZL1, 1LE) (2) - 20942237
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #205
Dan2510

Drives: 2012 LS3 2SS/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Woo-Hoo! Glad I have my set on order with Maureen at Rodgers.
I just called them and they're selling for list 332.00. I did not speak with Maureen though.
Dan2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #206
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post

And gears change how fast the wheels are spinning. Did you think that gears only change the rotational speed of the axles and not the wheels?
back at you.

Yes your engine might be reving higher...but a 20 inch wheel will still be traveling the same number of RPM's at 60 miles per hour regardless of what gears are in the rear end. Think about it a little more before you face palm me. Do you really think that your wheel's which have not changed at all in overall diameter are spinning faster at 60 mph vehicle speed just because your rear gears changed? Your drive shaft will be spinning at a higher RPM but your wheels and half shafts will be at the same RPM at 60 mph as they were with the old gears. Why because that is the Output speed. The input speed needed to achieve that same output speed is what increased.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #207
Tibo1LE

Drives: 2018 camaro ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Steering wheel lol. And I could not live with out my 2010, even if I had another 5th gen.
Steering wheel x10000!!

2010= oh yeah!!!
2011+= wtf!! cobalt steering wheel!!!

2011 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT SOLD

2007 CORVETTE Z06 Sold

SOLD 2010 CAMARO 2ss m6 SOLD

--magnaflow comp exhaust--cai (cold air inductions)--JRE Scoop, Roto-fab bottle--SP 1-7/8 LT Headers--SCT itsx with 415 Ted Jannetty tune--1le 3.91 gears--rx catch cans-- 12.9@113.8mph
Tibo1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #208
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by parano View Post
Steering wheel x10000!!

2010= oh yeah!!!
2011+= wtf!! cobalt steering wheel!!!
Actually the steering wheel change occured in 2012 and newer models. I would say it looks more like a Cruize, Malibu or Equinox steering wheel than a Cobalt Steering wheel but either way I like the 2010-2011 Steering wheel better. It's unique to the Camaro and goes with the rest of the interior theme better. If I were to trade in my 2011 SGM 2SS/RS for a 1LE I would be having the 2010-2011 steering wheel installed. I don't think the flat bottom wheel would do much for me anyhow. I'm not that tall so I don't have my knees near the steering wheel.

Last edited by Nick S; 08-23-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #209
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Allow me. If you have an automatic, you absolutely need to calibrate for the gear change.
I looked at a 2010 Camaro tune I had downloaded a while ago. It was for a manual LS3. It looks like the car primarily uses the wheel speed sensors for MPH. It appears that the trans output speed it used as a secondary check to make sure the wheel speed sensors are working properly and if one of the VSS is not working properly then it can use the trans output speed as a back up method. So I am thinking the speedometer may still read correctly but it will probably still throw an SES code because the error between the two readings would be too high. Plus for an automatic you would would want the tune so your shift points are recalibrated properly since the I believe the newer auto trans uses RPM and Vehicle speed thresholds for the shift points.
So I guess in the end I agree that for an Auto a tune would definitely be needed. For a manual you could probably get by but it wouldn't be optimal and a tune would still be highly adviseable.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #210
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
I looked at a 2010 Camaro tune I had downloaded a while ago. It was for a manual LS3. It looks like the car primarily uses the wheel speed sensors for MPH. It appears that the trans output speed it used as a secondary check to make sure the wheel speed sensors are working properly and if one of the VSS is not working properly then it can use the trans output speed as a back up method. So I am thinking the speedometer may still read correctly but it will probably still throw an SES code because the error between the two readings would be too high. Plus for an automatic you would would want the tune so your shift points are recalibrated properly since the I believe the newer auto trans uses RPM and Vehicle speed thresholds for the shift points.
So I guess in the end I agree that for an Auto a tune would definitely be needed. For a manual you could probably get by but it wouldn't be optimal and a tune would still be highly adviseable.
precisely.

a change in tire diameter will screw it up on manuals and autos alike, though.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 08-23-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote