Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #925
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
The stock brake fluid boils before the pads fade.
This. Not having the ZL1's big brakes is a bit of a disappointment but "track ready" means more than just big calipers in bright colors. True "track" brakes is more of a question of swapping out the fluid and pads rather than bigger rotors and more pistons.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #926
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Some of you guys need to quit being pompous douche bags. There are options on these cars for a reason, and I wish a Chinese finger trap or five was complimentary for some people who have opinions that have no purpose other than to be negative. If everyone had to follow along and play with the same thought that things are a waste, stupid, or unnecessary we would all be in model Ts still. Geez, some people may actually participate in autocross with these cars. Not everyone uses it as a commuter, dragster, or any other one dedicated purpose.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #927
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySS View Post
Some of you guys need to quit being pompous douche bags. There are options on these cars for a reason, and I wish a Chinese finger trap or five was complimentary for some people who have opinions that have no purpose other than to be negative. If everyone had to follow along and play with the same thought that things are a waste, stupid, or unnecessary we would all be in model Ts still. Geez, some people may actually participate in autocross with these cars. Not everyone uses it as a commuter, dragster, or any other one dedicated purpose.
Well said.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #928
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
lol Who in their right mind will actually spend 39K on a car to use it for autocross.. I mean I can see if people have that money to burn more power to them.. But the average Camaro 5 member Is not going to care about a 1le option and then beat the living $hit out of their cars at the track.. I mean I can see once or 2wice going to a 1/4 mile track and seeing what the car does in the 1/4.... And the best part about it is when something goes wrong at the track they will be the first ones at the dealer screaming and demanding things be repaired under warranty, then they will rant on here about it like someone owes them something..

Last edited by 2SS 2011; 06-12-2012 at 11:14 PM.
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #929
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post
lol Who in their right mind will actually spend 39K on a car to use it for autocross.
Check on the Camaro5 fest, you'll see quite a few who not only will do autocross, but will also be drag racing. Several likely like to drive down winding roads when they get a chance and may even do it about the speed limit.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #930
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
lol Who in their right mind will actually spend 39K on a car to use it for autocross.. I mean I can see if people have that money to burn more power to them.. But the average Camaro 5 member Is not going to care about a 1le option and then beat the living $hit out of their cars at the track.. I mean I can see once or 2wice going to a 1/4 mile track and seeing what the car does in the 1/4.... And the best part about it is when something goes wrong at the track they will be the first ones at the dealer screaming and demanding things be repaired under warranty, then they will rant on here about it like someone owes them something..

Well, that might be your point of view, but other people may see things differently. You are aware that there are several Camaro lovers that are going to pay over $100,000.00 for a Camaro that they can NOT drive on the street, aren't you?!? By comparison, $39,000 for the 1LE is the deal of the century. For that price you get a car that you can drive on the street all week long, then take it to the track on weekends. Do you really think nobody will be interested in a car like that?
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #931
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I'm sure there are many military guys in Europe who will be really happy to have the 1LE and have a blast on the twists and turns in the mountains or maybe even the Nurburgring.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #932
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Theres many military guys in America ( right here ) that will be really happy to have a 1LE and have a blast on the twists and turns in the mountains or maybe even the 95 Freeway.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #933
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
Well, that might be your point of view, but other people may see things differently. You are aware that there are several Camaro lovers that are going to pay over $100,000.00 for a Camaro that they can NOT drive on the street, aren't you?!? By comparison, $39,000 for the 1LE is the deal of the century. For that price you get a car that you can drive on the street all week long, then take it to the track on weekends. Do you really think nobody will be interested in a car like that?
There are a few over the top G8s out there and I do mean way over the top!

15 years ago had a person suggested I spend almost $4K (adjusted down for inflation) on suspension parts for my new car I would have rolled on the floor laughing. I had gone the lowering spring routes, played with some rock hard urethane, sphericals and all that stuff. The cars handled better but were brutal on the road. I wrote all that off and said never again.

Then I started a wide body GTO project in 2004. Had her on the first ever set of Koni adjustables for the GTO installed by Koni in Kentucky along with B+G lowering coils. I took her out to Gingerman and left miserable. It was a disaster with my 315/30/18 rear and 375/35/18s front Pilot Sports on my gorgeous HRE wheels and my $100K custom built car I tried parts from a few other companies and then bit the bullet and ordered stuff from Pedders in Australia. So now you know the rest of the story... Back on point, there will be three buyers for a 1LE in my mind.

1. I can't afford a ZL1, but I can get a lot of ZL1 with my affordable 1LE
2. I want a normally aspirated car to drive every day and take to track days
3. The 1LE gives me a great base for the rest of my mods. My $100K car will only cost me $90K

They would all be buying the 1LE for all the right reasons.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #934
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
This... I have always thought it strange that someone would spend a lot of money on a car and never drive it like it was meant to be driven... what's the point in that? I will autocross, track day, and drag race my 1LE (with some engine mods to get to around 500 HP), as well as enjoy it as a regular driver. If I didn't, I wouldn't bother buying one.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #935
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
I will likely buy one of these 1LE's and beat the crap out of it on the Autocross or road course just like I have with this one...and that's pretty much what I use my Camaro for other than the Hot Rod Power Tour...these cars are meant to be driven and driven hard....
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #936
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #937
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
Sorry if this has been asked but when will i be able to buy the front splitter? and any idea of cost?
Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #938
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
I'd imagine more then you'd think. Look at how many people bought the 2ss for 35k and did lots of mods and beat the "$hit" out of them. I've not only turbo'd mine but have also been to the drag strip and road course at least a doezen times.

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?