Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
SR20 Cruise - May 1 (Updates in First Post)

Update: Have added maps and updated list of those who wish to go. If you aren't listed, please PM me or respond below to get added. Thanks! I plan on arriving at the meeting point in Bellingham about 7:30am.

Maps for trip (You'll need Acrobat Reader to view/print)

Going:
Steve Dallas
Camarowa
Mikel441
CamaroSSOwner
tshansen (Joining as far as Diablo Lake)
FirestoneSS (He and his wife may bring 2 camaros!)
KenH

Tentative:
Ken-H's freinds -may- come in another Camaro

Predicted weather - take with a grain of salt this far out! I'm sure it'll change!
Weather Forecast (on 4/30/10 for May 1 in Bellingham):
A.M. Showers, low of 43, high of 55, 30% humidity
Weather Forecast (on 4/30/10 for May 1 in Winthrop):
Partly Cloudy, low of 36, high of 62, 20% humidity)

Unless it is absoutely miserable out, this date will stand. If it's raining lightly, I'll likely still do this as it's still a beautiful drive.

PM me if you're interested in going. We can swap contact information so that if there are any problems meeting up in Bellingham, you can call/e-mail. Please let me know if you plan on staying in Winthrop for the night. I won't be making reservations for lodging or anything but this will help me plan if we want to plan on a specific restaurant in Winthrop to discuss the days events and life in general.

As the day approaches, I'll send more information as far as specific route directions

The cruise will start in Bellingham, WA in the Cost Cutters parking lot. I plan to leave there at 8:30am (Note: This is now not a firm time for leaving, as some of us may eat breakfast at the Rhodes Cafe, so this is flexible), but hope to have everyone there at 8:00am. There is a breakfast place called the Rhodes Cafe that people can have a bite to eat at prior to leaving. I'm hoping if we eat breakfast there, they might let us in early (possibly 7:45)

Address for Cost Cutters is 1030 Lakeway Drive, Bellingham, WA‎ - Rhodes cafe is right near there.

We'll head south on Chuckanut Drive, then get on to SR20 in Burlington and head east.

Though we can all stick together for the whole drive, I don't have problems with people stopping to take pictures along the way. Or even just doing their own thing for the whole day. My hope is that we'll try to stick together as our stops will not just be to regroup, but also hopefully attract some looks others interested in our rides as well.

Marblemount will be the first "stop" which will allow people to get gas, hit the restrooms and stock up on anything they need. Also, it'll give us some time to regroup.

The next "stop" will be shortly after Newhalem...at the gorge bridge. This is a couple of miles past Newhalem, and has some pullouts. Those that have driven SR20 before will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Deep gorge with a waterfall.

I'm thinking that the next stop should be our lunch stop, and there'll be no restaurants there. It's a beautiful overlook of Diablo Lake. Pack a lunch for this, or plan on getting something in Marblemount to eat here. This overlook is past a bridge over Gorge Lake then past the bridge over Diablo Lake and up a hill. It is on the left side of the road and is very hard to miss. I'll be providing information that will have detailed maps of all these stops.

The last part of the drive will be fairly long, taking you all the way to Winthrop.

If you plan on staying in Winthrop, you'll probably want to make reservations for a hotel/motel there. Once I know how many are staying, I'll come up with a place for us to meet there for dinner.

The drive home that night or the next day will be however you want to do it...and will probably depend on where you're headed home. You could head back over SR20, or head south along the Columbia River to 2 or I90. You could also spend part of the next day exploring places like the Grand Coulee Dam. I will point out that there are some awesome straight and little traveled roads out there...nice for letting your car "breathe" a little if you know what I mean.

Hopefully this sounds interesting enough for a few of you (hopefully more than a few) to join up and have a blast showing off our rides, whether they be the 5th Gens or 1st Gens.

PM me and as the day approaches I'll be getting you more information.
Take care.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 04-30-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
This sounds pretty good to me. Subscribed.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Subscribed! I will be watching this thread as the day approaches. Perhaps things will work out and I can make it. It would be a blast.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
So you thinking this might be a full Cascade Loop Run?
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
intrerested lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
So you thinking this might be a full Cascade Loop Run?
Well...The planned run is just to Winthrop. I'm leaving it to everyone to decide what they want to do the next day. It's possible that others might want to stick with me the next day, but others may just want to head hom.

I'm likely to stay the night there and then I think I may head to Grand Coulee the next day, grab some pictures and maybe tool around some of the other roads there in North Central Washington.

I was just looking at Google Maps and may head into the Lake Roosevelt National Recreation area on Sunday...who knows.

Also, I saw a town called Bacon. For some reason, I'm tempted to go there just to say I was there. It's in the middle of nowhere.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
Ken-h
Flying toys

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS
Subscribed!
Ken-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Count us in for a over nite stay too. Thanks for your hard work so far for arranging all this for us. Here is my email account: camarossowner@msn.com. My name is Tom. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Unless it is absoutely miserable out, this date will stand. If it's raining lightly, I'll likely still do this as it's still a beautiful drive.

PM me if you're interested in going. We can swap contact information so that if there are any problems meeting up in Bellingham, you can call/e-mail. Please let me know if you plan on staying in Winthrop for the night. I won't be making reservations for lodging or anything but this will help me plan if we want to plan on a specific restaurant in Winthrop to discuss the days events and life in general.

As the day approaches, I'll send more information as far as specific route directions

The cruise will start in Bellingham, WA in the Cost Cutters parking lot. I plan to leave there at 8:30am, but hope to have everyone there at 8:00am. There is a breakfast place called the Rhodes Cafe that people can have a bite to eat at prior to leaving.

We'll head south on Chuckanut Drive, then get on to SR20 in Burlington and head east.

Though we can all stick together for the whole drive, I don't have problems with people stopping to take pictures along the way. Or even just doing their own thing for the whole day. My hope is that we'll try to stick together as our stops will not just be to regroup, but also hopefully attract some looks others interested in our rides as well.

Marblemount will be the first "stop" which will allow people to get gas, hit the restrooms and stock up on anything they need. Also, it'll give us some time to regroup.

The next "stop" will be shortly after Newhalem...at the gorge bridge. This is a couple of miles past Newhalem, and has some pullouts. Those that have driven SR20 before will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Deep gorge with a waterfall.

I'm thinking that the next stop should be our lunch stop, and there'll be no restaurants there. It's a beautiful overlook of Diablo Lake. Pack a lunch for this, or plan on getting something in Marblemount to eat here. This overlook is past a bridge over Gorge Lake then past the bridge over Diablo Lake and up a hill. It is on the left side of the road and is very hard to miss. I'll be providing information that will have detailed maps of all these stops.

The last part of the drive will be fairly long, taking you all the way to Winthrop.

If you plan on staying in Winthrop, you'll probably want to make reservations for a hotel/motel there. Once I know how many are staying, I'll come up with a place for us to meet there for dinner.

The drive home that night or the next day will be however you want to do it...and will probably depend on where you're headed home. You could head back over SR20, or head south along the Columbia River to 2 or I90. You could also spend part of the next day exploring places like the Grand Coulee Dam. I will point out that there are some awesome straight and little traveled roads out there...nice for letting your car "breathe" a little if you know what I mean.

Hopefully this sounds interesting enough for a few of you (hopefully more than a few) to join up and have a blast showing off our rides, whether they be the 5th Gens or 1st Gens.

PM me and as the day approaches I'll be getting you more information.
Take care.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Glad to see there is interest. "Subscribing" is great, but please let me know if you'll be making the trip at some point so I can think about where to reserve or meet for dinner in Winthrop.

Here are some links to some of the hotels in the area:

America's Best Value-Cascade Inn
The Hotel Rio Vista
Duck Brand Hotel & Cantina
The Winthrop Inn
Rivers Edge Resort
RiverRun Inn

And, this last one I'm going to include because the VP of Sales where I work suggested it, and said it was awesome. Expensive though, and a little out of Wintrop itself. Being that the rooms are a minimum of $295, I definately won't be staying there though.

Sun Mountain Lodge

I'll be staying at The Hotel Rio Vista, and am pretty sure wthat the Duck Brand Hotel will be the place to meet after the drive, as it should have room for a larger group.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 02-22-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
mikel441

Looks like the Cascade Inn doesn't require a two night minimum starting in May. I Requested a room rate for two and inquired about a group rate as well. The Mrs. says she is in. So we'll see how things shape up between now and then.

Are you staying two nights Steve? The Rio Vista says its a two night minimum.

Last edited by mikel441; 02-22-2010 at 10:10 PM.
mikel441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
My wife is in too.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #12
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel441 View Post
Looks like the Cascade Inn doesn't require a two night minimum starting in May. I Requested a room rate for two and inquired about a group rate as well. The Mrs. says she is in. So we'll see how things shape up between now and then.

Are you staying two nights Steve? The Rio Vista says its a two night minimum.
I was able to reserve it for just one night. Perhaps it's because it's early in the season.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #13
mikel441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I was able to reserve it for just one night. Perhaps it's because it's early in the season.
Cool, I also requested reservation info from RioVista as well.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #14
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
I am in. So is my wife. Sun Mountain Lodge is gorgeous though. I think if we have enough people we might be able to get a nice group rate.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote