Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
cgreer72

Drives: '13 1LT RS
Daily bug removal.....

So I live in a somewhat rural area and get quite a bit of bug guts and little corpses on a daily basis. I have a white car so its pretty noticeable, not to mention not good for my paint. Is there something on the market that I can use on a daily basis to remove them? Maybe like a spray and wipe type thing. I don't want to have to pull out the hose every night when I get home from the office.
cgreer72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
If you use a good wax on your car, any decent spray detailer will easily remove the bug guts by simply spraying it on liberally, waiting a few minutes, and wiping it off. Many here swear by Adams products, which are great... but Mothers, Meguiars, or other quick detail sprays will work just as well for easily removing bugs from your bumper, mirrors and windshield on a daily basis. The key is to keep a good coat of wax on it so they don't "bond" to the paint and will wipe off easily. Just keep a few microfiber towels and your quick detailer spray of your choice in the trunk. That's what i do.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
If you use a good wax on your car, any decent spray detailer will easily remove the bug guts by simply spraying it on liberally, waiting a few minutes, and wiping it off. Many here swear by Adams products, which are great... but Mothers, Meguiars, or other quick detail sprays will work just as well for easily removing bugs from your bumper, mirrors and windshield on a daily basis. The key is to keep a good coat of wax on it so they don't "bond" to the paint and will wipe off easily. Just keep a few microfiber towels and your quick detailer spray of your choice in the trunk. That's what i do.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
North Texas? Me too!

Yeah that's great advice above. Nothing really to add, other than it's imperative to get the bugs off ASAP, as their guts are acidic and can etch the paint very quickly.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Talk to INTIMIDAT3R on here he has a great bug screen that goes on and off real good. Not sure where he bought it.