Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #15
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Good luck to you and I hope for the best for you in the future, definitely stay a member here.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #16
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
My best friend was killed by a drunk driver in the early 80's. He had just been at my house to pick me up to go watch a hockey game and fortunately I was not home. I attended the entire manslaughter trial with his family. The offender was put in jail for 3 months. It was I believe 3rd offense. His BAC was .28. His lawyer claimed he only had 3 beers. He had a wife and 3 kids. He was found not guilty of manslaughter due to a technicality. Both late parents were alcoholics and put me, my brother and our families through living h*ll but we still loved them and tried to help them. I am very very glad you are off the street for now and sorry you had to almost die and hit rock bottom before finally figuring out the harm you were doing. It takes a lot of guts to do what you just did on a public forum and I applaud you for taking the steps to sobriety! Please keep it up and wish you the best in your rehabilitation and future. Don't go back. Many people and their victims don't get 2nd let alone 3rd chances.
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #17
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
My girlfriend was killed by a drunk driver when I was in high school.

I'm glad you realize what you did was wrong and are taking responsibility for it. It's a good thing that no one was harmed or killed by your actions, and for that I'm sure all of us can breathe a sigh of relief.

While not focusing on you specificially, I find it sad that our society lets this behavior continue by not giving these people more jail time for the first and subsequent offenses. Specifically, it should be 1 month of jail time and a felony for the first offense. Second offense should be 6 months + felony charge. 3rd offense should qualify you for the 3 strikes law and several years in jail.

We need to stop treating drunk driving like it's some cute fun thing. It's irresponsible and it kills people.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
God bless you man. At least nobody died or go injured in your sickness, because it's a real sickness. Just get better.
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #19
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Good luck to you
Pfadt rear tie rods
Pfadt rear trailing arms
Pfadt rear lower control arm reinforcement bracket
Kooks Long tube headers and high flow cats
Airaid Cold air intake
Magnaflow catback exhaust
Mti short throw shifter
Jannetty tune
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #20
ColdCamaroSS

Drives: 1
Good people make bad decisions. I wish you success in recovery. Speaking from personal expierance, I know how tough the upcoming months will be mentally and physically with alcohol withdraw. Try to stay focused on how lucky you are to not be dead and that nobody died, it will help maintain your moment of clarity.

The absolute hardest part is trying to remove yourself from situations that WILL tempt you to drink. Parties, night out with the boys, etc. It is very difficult to watch others drink around you, appearing to have a good time while you're stuck with a NA beverage. I recommend not hanging out with your social drinking crew for at least a few months. Everyone handles it differently but you can do it!
ColdCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #21
weenie25banini

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Will pray for you. Hope everything goes smooth.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #22
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Congrats on the sobriety & keep it up. Thanks for sharing. Perhaps your story will awaken somone else & prevent anther person from harm. Take care of yourself & reach out for help whenever you need to. We will be here for you. Feel free to PM me anytime you need to talk. (A am a mental health therapist and a pretty good listener).
Old 03-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #23
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
It takes a big man to admit you have a problem and are getting help for it. I wish all the best for ya brother, and dont be a stranger in here, in 3 years you can get a new 2014 camaro...woohoo!
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #24
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
3 DUI's??? Really??? you should have been locked up after the first one IMO, I have no tolerance for people who drink and drive, and if you didn't learn that after the first DUI then I doubt you will ever learn. Sorry buddy but I'm more happy that you will be off the streets, and won't be putting people lives in harms way with your selfish ways.

Everybody here wishing you luck? you will have no choice but to be sober in jail, good luck??? more like good riddance...

3 DUI's people!!! wake up people like this need to be off the streets. whats it going to take someone like this to hit to close to home and kill or hurt a family memeber???

Good luck??? please..

+1 I hope you are never allowed to drive again. A scumbag drunk took the lives of 2 of my very close friends. My gf at the time just made it through the wreck And WTF is it with people wishing him luck??? He could have murdered your friends and not cared at all.

Bye...
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #25
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
3 DUI's??? Really??? you should have been locked up after the first one IMO, I have no tolerance for people who drink and drive, and if you didn't learn that after the first DUI then I doubt you will ever learn. Sorry buddy but I'm more happy that you will be off the streets, and won't be putting people lives in harms way with your selfish ways.

Everybody here wishing you luck? you will have no choice but to be sober in jail, good luck??? more like good riddance...

3 DUI's people!!! wake up people like this need to be off the streets. whats it going to take someone like this to hit to close to home and kill or hurt a family memeber???

Good luck??? please..
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
+1 I hope you are never allowed to drive again. A scumbag drunk took the lives of 2 of my very close friends. My gf at the time just made it through the wreck And WTF is it with people wishing him luck??? He could have murdered your friends and not cared at all.

Bye...

What he did in the past was severely wrong and he accepts full responsibility for it and prepared to face the music. He is brave for facing the public and I doubt he is looking for sympathy. Remember there are many killed on the road every day by irreconcilable drivers. The use of other drugs, suicide attempts, cell phone distractions, hell even pets on laps and mentally not paying attention cause severe and sometimes fatal accidents. We should not praise him for his past but encourage him for his truthfulness and hope for a bright future. Don't cast the first stone!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #26
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Midnighter, you are facing the toughest challenge you will ever face. Don't let yourself down.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #27
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Wishing you the best. Take care of yourself.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #28
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
What he did in the past was severely wrong and he accepts full responsibility for it and prepared to face the music. He is brave for facing the public and I doubt he is looking for sympathy. Remember there are many killed on the road every day by irreconcilable drivers. The use of other drugs, suicide attempts, cell phone distractions, hell even pets on laps and mentally not paying attention cause severe and sometimes fatal accidents. We should not praise him for his past but encourage him for his truthfulness and hope for a bright future. Don't cast the first stone!
Ditto.
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote