Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Lazzzr

Drives: Can't upload new car pics!!
Gm customer service

I posted regarding an issue with my top. Brandon from gm customer service asked for my info to help start a case. I PM'd him the info and I've sent two follow ups with no reply. It's now three weeks without a response. So I'm asking everyone what's your thoughts on what they really do for us?
Lazzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Brandon is no longer the service rep... he took another position. I am sure the two new people from GM that are taking over his contribution on here will chime in eventually.
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzzr View Post
So I'm asking everyone what's your thoughts on what they really do for us?
In my experience, not much. They thank you for buying a GM product, they'll call the dealer and then call you back if you're lucky and tell you not much of anything. If they have helped anyone, then great. But it's not much more than a call center based on personal experience. They always tell you to call them with any concerns, but it quickly turns into a brick wall.

To put it simply, I haven't heard or read a whole lot about how much of a great help customer service was for people. Not saying they're not helping someone, but it was never me.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
In my experience, not much. They thank you for buying a GM product, they'll call the dealer and then call you back if you're lucky and tell you not much of anything. If they have helped anyone, then great. But it's not much more than a call center based on personal experience. They always tell you to call them with any concerns, but it quickly turns into a brick wall.

To put it simply, I haven't heard or read a whole lot about how much of a great help customer service was for people. Not saying they're not helping someone, but it was never me.
agreed.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
The first level reps are just lip service. In order to move up the chain, file with the BBB. Then you will be in contact with GM at least twice a week. Once you file with the BBB, make sure of the resolution that you want and do not waver from it. And might I suggest if you want to keep the car, put in the filing that you want an extended warranty on the top, mechanism, and everything associated with the Top.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
Lazzzr

Thanks

"Lip service" That's kind of what I thought. too bad. Would have been nice for someone to let me know Brandon wasn't going to answer me. It is in GM's name that he operated and I expect and demand to be treated better. Crazy idea, I know. Thanks for the BBB tip I will either go that route or keep it for the summer and trade it in. By then the 13's will have some repair history and I'll know if its a better car.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazzzr View Post
"Lip service" That's kind of what I thought. too bad. Would have been nice for someone to let me know Brandon wasn't going to answer me. It is in GM's name that he operated and I expect and demand to be treated better.
Lol, the stories that could be told (a search on here could tell them)......maybe you better lower your expectations

But anyway, good luck with your decisions
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
Brandon did put a service ticket in on my car that showed up the last time I was in for service. I just haven't taken advantage of it yet, still waiting for the final top fix.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I won't repeat my comments about "Customer Service" on here. See below.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=271441&page=4

I think their rules of engagement have changed on this forum. You don't see the bubbly, meaningless cheerleader responses they used to provide. I think they stopped trolling the convertible section all together.

Never did get a response from Brandon...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Lazzzr

UPDATE

For anyone interested I just got a call from William who has taken over
Brandon's position at cust service. He has already placed numerous calls to the dealership to see what remedies are available for my issues.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
95birdible

An actual post from a GM rep in regards to a member missing the Camaro emblem on a front fender.
Attached Images

"Green Flash"
Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
The first level reps are just lip service. In order to move up the chain, file with the BBB. Then you will be in contact with GM at least twice a week. Once you file with the BBB, make sure of the resolution that you want and do not waver from it. And might I suggest if you want to keep the car, put in the filing that you want an extended warranty on the top, mechanism, and everything associated with the Top.
You do realize the phone and internet reps are NON-GM employees answering phones or trolling the net?
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #13
95birdible

Talk? Where is your proof? I personally talked to Jeff Morris when I was having issues with my first car. Once i fiked with the bbb I moved up the chain.
"Green Flash"
Old 04-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #14
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Talk? Where is your proof? I personally talked to Jeff Morris when I was having issues with my first car. Once i fiked with the bbb I moved up the chain.

I believe you . After you escalated your position.
I'm doing that now on another matter.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote