Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #183
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Wow a suspension set up named after me!!

Check this out

https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au...AMARO+PACE+CAR
Whoa.

You are one seriously expensive set-up. lmao
Old 09-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #184
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Look at this video...How Cool is that!!!...please join us!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...54#post2354554
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #185
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Look at this video...How Cool is that!!!...please join us!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...54#post2354554
Thats Awesome!! Becky, your Pace car looks great with that suspension on it.
BWProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:44 AM   #186
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
BUMP!
BWProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #187
Inferno Orange SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
I may have missed it somewhere in this thread or others, but does anyone know what the actual number of pace cars produced was Ive heard everything from 180 to 300, and also is there any way to figure out what number a car is using the vin ? I was considering a custom plate on the engine cover showing whp after my tune in the spring with other info including the number of my car out of ........? Also another random question, in most of the press releases it says only auto pace cars will be made... but mines a 6spd... did I miss the update ?
Inferno Orange SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #188
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange SS View Post
I may have missed it somewhere in this thread or others, but does anyone know what the actual number of pace cars produced was Ive heard everything from 180 to 300, and also is there any way to figure out what number a car is using the vin ? I was considering a custom plate on the engine cover showing whp after my tune in the spring with other info including the number of my car out of ........? Also another random question, in most of the press releases it says only auto pace cars will be made... but mines a 6spd... did I miss the update ?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=38
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #189
Inferno Orange SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Thank you very much, answers everything, shitty no sequence tho lol
Inferno Orange SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #190
autoguy

There were a few that were 6 Speeds that went to Canada. Hold onto the car and the Window Sticker. That is going to be a rare one!!
Old 12-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #191
autoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee93 View Post
Hello Pace car fans. I do not own a 2010 but I do love them. My thoughts.....

Autoguy: Nice story! Hows the Autograph coming?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #192
Pappy

Drives: 68 & 2010 Pace Car
Need some answers

I am in the process of negotiating a price on a replica 2010 pace car, I have been watching this car for months sitting at the dealer out in the weather next to the road covered in salt spray! talk about making me sick! Anyway this car has never been registered or sold, but has almost 8k miles on the car from god knows who that has been driving the car. The dealer is very motivated to sell and the price is not too bad but could use a little more dickering.

My questions are as follows;

On the windshield of the car ,lower right had corner if you are looking at the car from the front is a two digit number they are approx 3-4" tall and are white in color , I have seen these numbers on other pace cars and would like to know what the number stands for?

I had the dealer print out a build sheet for the car for me and did see the
Z4Z option on the car also I noticed a option of FE3 Suspension System Performance, is this a standard option or is this an added option for the Pace car? Build date on the car was 04/06/10

Dealer supplied me a carfax and it is clean and as stated never registered.

If you folks that have some additional information on these cars can provide me with some insight I would be very greatful. And I hope to be able to add the vin to this thread if I take the plunge.

Thanks
Terry

Last edited by Pappy; 12-20-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Adding info
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #193
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
I am in the process of negotiating a price on a replica 2010 pace car, I have been watching this car for months sitting at the dealer out in the weather next to the road covered in salt spray! talk about making me sick! Anyway this car has never been registered or sold, but has almost 8k miles on the car from god knows who that has been driving the car. The dealer is very motivated to sell and the price is not too bad but could use a little more dickering.

My questions are as follows;

On the windshield of the car ,lower right had corner if you are looking at the car from the front is a two digit number they are approx 3-4" tall and are white in color , I have seen these numbers on other pace cars and would like to know what the number stands for?

I had the dealer print out a build sheet for the car for me and did see the
Z4Z option on the car also I noticed a option of FE3 Suspension System Performance, is this a standard option or is this an added option for the Pace car? Build date on the car was 04/06/10

Dealer supplied me a carfax and it is clean and as stated never registered.

If you folks that have some additional information on these cars can provide me with some insight I would be very greatful. And I hope to be able to add the vin to this thread if I take the plunge.

Thanks
Terry
Terry,
It sounds like you've found a festival car. One of the cars that a driver or dignitary used during the Indy fesitivities week. That would account for some of the miles, the dealer may have driven it himself for awhile.

The number in the lower part of the windshield is how they identified the cars at Indy. I don't know what you've negotiated the price to, but there is $1000 dealer cash available, so make sure you ask for it.

Good luck with your purchase. It's an awesome car and unique. Post back and let us know if you bought it.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #194
autoguy

Make sure there is a license plate and temporary registration papers included as well. It is the only way to tell it is actually a festival car. The number on the plate will match the number on the windshield, and the temporary reg. papers will show the plate number and vin number comfirming it is a real festival car. Only 50 of these were used, so they are relatively rare. Finding one so far from Indy that is unregistered is a bit strange. It should also have a Parking Pass on the cnenter of the windshield who's number matches the plate and windshield as well.

Z4Z is the RPO for the Pace Car package, and every one of them will have this, Festival Car or not. The FE3 Suspension is Standard on the Pace Cars. All of them were identical as built from the factory. No options available

Here are some pics of what to look for.....

Last edited by autoguy; 12-20-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #195
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Becky is spot on.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #196
Pappy

Drives: 68 & 2010 Pace Car
I did not get a chance to look inside the glove box or trunk yet to see if in fact that a Reg is present,I did not see the center sticker on the windshield or the tag by the number on the windshield may have been removed from the dealer but for some reason the number was left by the A post. I think it might be a "festival" car as you folks say but can not be 100% certain with out checking inside the car for more proof, Is their a way to find out for sure with out the papers you stated? was their any other record of origin? Still working on the car, I just have not had time to get back up to the dealer with work and the holidays.

Found this video don't know if you folks seen this yet?

Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace car, pacecar