Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should i get the 2014 Camaro Or keep my 2013?
2013 2LS 105 76.64%
2014 2LS 34 24.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #57
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichriscamaro View Post
if I was gonna get a Manual 2014 then I would do it , otherwise I would keep the one you have. Too much money to loose.
yea i'm starting to think i'm just gonna keep it and wait till i see the 2014 on the road.
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #58
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
same here. I never understand or understood why someone would take V6 Camaro and plunk down boo-koo bucks to try to make the car go fast.

heck, what's the diference in price between a V6 and an SS model? $3K to $5K or so? you'll easily spend that on modding the V6 model but in the end, it's still a V6 model. that of course means resale value will still be crap.

just spend the extra $$$ on an SS and work with a solid platform from there up.
Not to derail this thread too much, but the biggest reason I went with a V6 powered Camaro was insurance. I'm not sure how rates are in other parts of the country, but I believe Louisiana has the highest rates. The insurance rate for a V6 Camaro was less than half of the Z28. Believe me, I wanted the Z28 and the price of the car was just a few thousand more, but the insurance was sky high.

Mind you, this was in 1998 and I was 21-years-old at the time. These days insurance is no longer an issue as I'm now just an "old" married man. I'm looking forward to buying a 2014 1LE to go along with my GTO.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #59
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
27 married in Florida and still want over $1k a year for just my car. Was about $1.5k with my 96 k1500
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #60
Flea

Drives: Camaro ZL1
I'm guessing by the thought process of trading a '13 V6 for a '14 V6 and not considering the loss in value and the payoff, along with "bro" being thrown around so much, you're a very young guy. If not, the "bro-ness" makes you sound like a kid. And according to fueleconomy.gov, the difference in the yearly cost of gas between the V6 and the V8 is only $550. Not that much of a difference, especially when you're going to drop much more money than that, just to get V8 power. The logic behind this thread is poor. Keep what you have. Don't drop a lot of money on it. You'll want more power in the future and you'll be limited by the size of your engine. Take the money you are planning to put toward mods and put it in a savings account you have setup for your "car fund." In a couple years, take the money in that account, along with money you added to it (because it would be stupid to not add to it), and trade up to a nicer, more powerful car that also has all the updates you like (including those that will come with the redesign we already know is on the horizon).
Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #61
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I don't intend to start something, but I just don't understand buying the base models and spending $1000's trying to make them look like the premium models... I learned long a go, it only takes a little bit more to go first class to start with. There seems to be a lot of this going on as of late.
I tend to agree, however, for those that just want the look and don't care about performance, 2K in modifications to make it look like a ZL1 is a lot less than 20K to actually buy the real thing.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
Devilstrip12

Drives: 2011 1LT RS imperial blue camaro
I would just keep the 13. I myself will payoff my car in a year and than just wait until the 6th comes out and a get a v8 and still have the v6 as my DD
Devilstrip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #63
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I got a '13 2LS 4 months ago also.

Digging the front of the '14, but will not take a 4k hit for some reshaped plastic.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #64
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Personally if i upgraded to a 2014 from a 2013 I would go straight to a 1LE as its the best bang for the dollar and worth that kind of loss. Taking that kind of hit on another LS is how do i out this nicely stupid imho.