Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
Hi

So today, i was going to buy the throttle body but I came out with a problem.

let me explain: the whole price of it is 350, but they refund you 200 if you send your throttle body back, but I have a big issue and is that I live in Colombia and sending it back would take lots of days, not to say weeks and I remember reading (don't remember were) that the time limit is 7 days.

Would there be any problem if due to the long distance, it takes more time arriving there? I want this mod so bad and don't want this to be a stepback.

thanks!
I'll tell you right now, buy a ported throttlebody right out and do not send in your core as you risk chancing having no throttlebody for two months.

I live in Canada and its now been well over two months and I still have not received my throttlebody and my car has been sitting on my driveway all spring not even used once.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post
I'll tell you right now, buy a ported throttlebody right out and do not send in your core as you risk chancing having no throttlebody for two months.

I live in Canada and its now been well over two months and I still have not received my throttlebody and my car has been sitting on my driveway all spring not even used once.

Canada usually takes maybe a day or two more in shipping time. There is no reason why you should not have your TB back. With specific cores that a customer wants ported (Not a swap), sometimes it does take a week or two for VMax to make his next production run. However, I have numerous client's send in swap cores and the day we receive the core, we send out the swap TB as long as we have stock.

I would check with your vendor on this. This is not a normal occurrence with Vmax.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX View Post

Holy cow!

I'd be raising HELL. Have you been in contact with the vendor? If not...stay on top of them. Keep reminding them. Don't just assuming anything. No reason in the world why it should be taking that long. By now I'd have already purchased a different TB just so I could drive the damn car.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #18
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I would take your time on getting the throttle body, I know APEX is out of them. I bought mine last Wednesday and finally emailed them yesterday wondering why it hasn't been shipped out yet. I was told it would be another two weeks before they would be shipped out. Good thing I didn't send my core in first.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #19
Matt @ FSP

Sometimes it is hard to keep stock on them since they sell like hot cakes. I have ALL LLT, LFX, and LS3 TB's all on shelf currently.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #20
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Actually I just got an email after typing that post saying it has just been shipped out. From what I heard they are worth the wait anyway, and I understand why they sale out so fast.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb910 View Post
Actually I just got an email after typing that post saying it has just been shipped out. From what I heard they are worth the wait anyway, and I understand why they sale out so fast.

100% worth the wait, yes.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Matt is right, they are hard to keep in stock. And it seems they go in surges. We will sell a ton LLT's for weeks, then nothing but LFX's. We have plenty of LLT TB's right now, but LFX's are running scarce.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
And it seems they go in surges. We will sell a ton LLT's for weeks, then nothing but LFX's. We have plenty of LLT TB's right now, but LFX's are running scarce.
Aint that the truth lol

I just picked up 5 more LLTs and 5 more LFXs OEM cores from my local dealership just to keep up the pace.

I have 20 LS3 / L99 and 5 LSA.

we're going to kill Pete's CNC machines lol

good products sell fast.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #24
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
So if I buy a core myself and send that core in that is the same one I will be getting back but it will be ported right?
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
Matt @ FSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
So if I buy a core myself and send that core in that is the same one I will be getting back but it will be ported right?

Yep!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Yes, if you want to wait a several weeks.

I also have guys that want to ship me their OEM GM cores and when I get it, I send them an OEM GM Vmax ported throttle body. This way they dont have to float the core fee for a week. I sold two that was today. Like I tell guys, If its not a OEM core, I wont accept it in as a core trade. There's cheap junk out there, and im not going to risk the Tampa Tuning reputation buy using it.

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote