Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #57
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
1 word... UGLY!!!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #58
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Totally agree. Check out The Rolex and Continental series -- they are especially great. Real Camaros running against real Mustangs! Woohooo!

EDIT: I just saw the pics of the NASCAR "camaro" in question -- DAMN that thing is ugly! I'm embarrassed that the Camaro name is on it. Did you see that hideous side view???

I need to see more footage of these type races I found this on you tube pretty cool. Around 1:50 was awesome he almost overtook on the inside.

poor camaro
Old 07-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #59
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
This thread is about the Camaro in the Nationwideseries not any other please refrain from posting about anything else and those that have please delete your off topic posts, thank you.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #60
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
I'm amazed so many Camaro guys seem to be unaware of Rolex Grand-Am and the Continental Tire Series. Camaro has a very strong road racing heritage going back to the original Trans-Am. The Nationwide car looks alright - mostly just glad the name is in the series - but real Camaro racing happens on circuits with left and right turns.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #61
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
i would take grand am over nascar any day of the week...driving in a circle...vs left right, increasing radius, decreasing radius, off camber, banked...banked changing to off camber while going over a rise etc etc etc....roadracing has it in spades over circle track.

and if you really wanna see where the men race, watch moto gp...nascar smaskar.....try 215mph with just a leather suit, and then having to brake very hard for a turn - and that turn might go right, lol. makes talladega look like a walk in the park.

of course this is all my opinion, obviously other feel different lol
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

No need to be arguing about which racing series is the best. This thread was not to start a war. Geese you can't even pass on good news without a bunch of complainers coming in and trying to take over the thread. I am just sick of you all . You all just need to get over it.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #63
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
No need to be arguing about which racing series is the best. This thread was not to start a war. Geese you can't even pass on good news without a bunch of complainers coming in and trying to take over the thread. I am just sick of you all . You all just need to get over it.
Shhh, it's gonna be all right. Breathe in....breathe out...breathe in....and breathe out... Wooo saaaahhhhh
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #64
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Quote:
Everyone has the right to free speech... some like it, some don't... Just relax.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #65
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCR3 View Post
It looks awful!!! What the hell happened to GM saying we're not going to run the Camaro in NASCAR because the proportions from street production car to race car around the green house won't fit properly. Good grief that thing in hideous!!! I'd rather see them run a covered wagon than trying to stretch the body all out of proportion to fit. It should have been the new Malibu. This is all kinds of wrong.
Thats the thing,they didn't want to use the Camaro because of the proportions,but a lot of people were bitching-moaning-groaning-complaining saying...."we want the Camaro on the track"
So here it is

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #66
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
FWIW....I like it

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCR3 View Post
It looks awful!!! What the hell happened to GM saying we're not going to run the Camaro in NASCAR because the proportions from street production car to race car around the green house won't fit properly. Good grief that thing in hideous!!! I'd rather see them run a covered wagon than trying to stretch the body all out of proportion to fit. It should have been the new Malibu. This is all kinds of wrong.
When Ford and Chrysler announced it would be racing the Mustang and Challenger in the Nationwide series Many people on this forum called for Chevy to run the Camaro. The Malibu would have been a mistake because just as the Impala it does not compete with the Mustang or Challenger. NASCAR had asked for all the manufacturers to use a muscle car as their nationwide race car. Chevy at first didn't want to bastardized the shape of the Camaro. But since then the success of both the Mustang and Challanger in the Nationwide series and their popularity along with the fact the Impala will no longer be the Cup entry they felt the time was right to switch to the Camaro. In the long run I feel Toyota will be the loser since they do not make anything similar to the Camaro, Mustang or Challenger.

Is it a perfect rendition of of the Camaro, No. But just having the Camaro name in front of millions of race fans every week can't be bad.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #68
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
FWIW, I prefer road racing, but I like NASCAR, too. The best NASCAR racing all year is at the road tracks, one of which - Sonoma - is 20 minutes from here, so I get both at the same time!
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #69
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Thats the thing,they didn't want to use the Camaro because of the proportions,but a lot of people were bitching-moaning-groaning-complaining saying...."we want the Camaro on the track"
So here it is
I honestly know nothing about Nascar, Until I saw this car, I honestly thought they were all the same shape but with different designs on them.

I'm glad they got a Camaro out there, its just funny looking to me. Can't help it.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #70
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Everyone has the right to free speech... some like it, some don't... Just relax.
Yeah but this thread is about the Camaro in NASCAR Nationwide Series, not Trans am or any other series...talking about those others is off topic. I started this thread I should have some say what is discussed in it, isn't that fair? If you want to talk about those others you can start another thread.