Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: What do you think?
love it 258 38.22%
hate it 417 61.78%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #505
electlatino

Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
dude, you want to be original? bring back the gull-wing doors!!
electlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #506
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
My appologies WREK, I must have read your post in a different light. Please people do not get me wrong. I am not saying to keep things "totally stock", mine is not. I have "SS" emblems added under the Camaro badges, windows are blacked, exhaust is different and yes I do drive mine, not daily, but more than sitting in a garage. I just think that a lot of these aftermarket companies are making parts for this car and in my opinion "junks" up the car. Lambo doors, 26in wheels, high wings so on and so on......

I build cars on a daily basis, everything from 4x4 Jeeps, motorcycles, muscle cars and even the sport tuner cars. I do whatever the person wants me to do. All I was doing was replying to the thread about lambo doors. By all means, everybody has an opinion, I was expressing mine.....
Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #507
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
My appologies WREK, I must have read your post in a different light. Please people do not get me wrong. I am not saying to keep things "totally stock", mine is not. I have "SS" emblems added under the Camaro badges, windows are blacked, exhaust is different and yes I do drive mine, not daily, but more than sitting in a garage. I just think that a lot of these aftermarket companies are making parts for this car and in my opinion "junks" up the car. Lambo doors, 26in wheels, high wings so on and so on......

I build cars on a daily basis, everything from 4x4 Jeeps, motorcycles, muscle cars and even the sport tuner cars. I do whatever the person wants me to do. All I was doing was replying to the thread about lambo doors. By all means, everybody has an opinion, I was expressing mine.....
Where did you put your SS emblem. I'm thinking I have seen two locations so far and absolutely love having on the side of GFX kit near the back wheel. I'm still gathering ideas though. Considering I have plenty of time to plan it.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #508
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post

LOL I thought so.. no biggie. OMG high wings.. don't get me started.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #509
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
WREK, I'm sure we could go on and on about cosmetic ideas....

Camaro_Corvette: I bought GM "SS" emblems (red) and put them centered under the Camaro badges, My original thought was on the cowl hood, but I changed my mind and I am trying to find "376" emblems for the cowl. I want the three dimensional like the first gens had. Example is the DZ-302 69 Camaro. The "302" is plastic chrome with a white inset. www.rickscamaros.com has these emblems but don't make a "376". I can buy the numbers and make my own and use Testores model paint to go from white to red inset.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #510
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I have seriously considered the lambo doors not for show, but for function. I prefer to open my doors like normal 75% of the time. It's the 25% of the time when some idiot parks too close next to me that I think having the lambo doors would be pretty darn handy.

Not every modification done to a car is solely for the looks. Just some food for thought
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #511
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I have seriously considered the lambo doors not for show, but for function. I prefer to open my doors like normal 75% of the time. It's the 25% of the time when some idiot parks too close next to me that I think having the lambo doors would be pretty darn handy.

Not every modification done to a car is solely for the looks. Just some food for thought
Bring on the flaming. I don't care...this is something I've done before on a vehicle and I plan on doing it to my Camaro.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #512
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I say, if it's what you want and you have the cash to do it, more power to you. Your car is YOUR car, do what makes you happy.

The kit that's out there right now, is it just a bolt-on kit, or is there cutting and welding involved?
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #513
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I say, if it's what you want and you have the cash to do it, more power to you. Your car is YOUR car, do what makes you happy.

The kit that's out there right now, is it just a bolt-on kit, or is there cutting and welding involved?
Straight bolt on. All you need is a buddy, a lil alcohol, and pizza and you can have it knocked out in a couple hours.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #514
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgalles View Post
Straight bolt on. All you need is a buddy, a lil alcohol, and pizza and you can have it knocked out in a couple hours.
LOL, a lil alcohol!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #515
asian cajun

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro Silver Ice
I considered doing a "lambo" door also, but I won't. The doors are so long and it makes it difficult to get in or out if someone parks to close to your door. Plus, passengers seem to swing your door open and hit anything in sight. I have many problems with dings on my door with my 1995 Camaro. I am happy that the doors are not as heavy and wide as my 95'.

I think it looks a little silly to "lambo" the door, but I wish they would come up with a better opening system for the door. I am 5'2 and weigh 95 lbs and I wouldn't imagine a big person trying to get in the car.

CIAO!
asian cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #516
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
LOL, a lil alcohol!
A lil alcohol to decide to do it to your car maybe lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #517
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Lamborghini doors on anything other than a Lamborghini
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #518
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Lamborghini doors on anything other than a Lamborghini
You could say that with a lot of different things. Such and such car was the first to have an in-dash navigation unit. So would putting a nav system in a vehicle other than the first vehicle to do it be a fail? Just saying.

Tags
camaro, icce wheels, lambo doors