Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #6326
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's SS View Post
Take a look at the Springfield Armory EMP. I picked one up in .40 recently and it is a nice gun for less than the Kimber. It will make another nice CCW. I normally carry Colt's, so the size and weight are about the same.
I checked it out but I will get the Kimber. I can get it for less than the emp.

I bought a Kimber micro carry for now but will get the ultra carry 2 soon. The micro feels great and can be put anywhere.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #6327
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I checked it out but I will get the Kimber. I can get it for less than the emp.

I bought a Kimber micro carry for now but will get the ultra carry 2 soon. The micro feels great and can be put anywhere.
Kimber is never a bad choice, it's only a difficult choice because of the price..... but you do get a lot of gun for the money.

My pistol is getting a nice 'carry' patina on it, I didn't buy it as a collectors safe queen, I bought it to protect my life. DGAS what the value of it is in 50 years.
Attached Images

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #6328
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
Kimber is never a bad choice, it's only a difficult choice because of the price..... but you do get a lot of gun for the money.

My pistol is getting a nice 'carry' patina on it, I didn't buy it as a collectors safe queen, I bought it to protect my life. DGAS what the value of it is in 50 years.
I really wanted to buy the ultra carry 2 but I really didn't want to spend $1,450 for both guns. I will buy it in a month or two. They had it listed for $800 In the store. Not a bad price at all.

It looks like yours had a baby
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #6329
Mr Twisty

Quote:
I really wanted to buy the ultra carry 2 but I really didn't want to spend $1,450 for both guns. I will buy it in a month or two. They had it listed for $800 In the store. Not a bad price at all.

It looks like yours had a baby
Sweet!

Give it a little break-in time, keep it clean and I'm betcha it'll run like a swiss watch

Old 11-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #6330
Mark's SS

Drives: 2014 Silverado Double Cab LTZ 4x4
Nice Kimber. I like my little .380's. They are so easy to carry. I just got finished making a holster for this Mustang.
Attached Images

Mark's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #6331
Mr Twisty

Since I was taking pics thought I'd show off the newest member of the family.... Her name is Noreen BN308, I just call her Sweety

This is my first AR10 type, I like the Noreen for it's side-charging and Shilen barrel. Nice base to start with. First mod is Vortex scope, Atlas bipod, then fire-control group... thought I might just order springs & polish it up, if I don't like the result I can swap it with another rifle & get a Geissele or JP single stage maybe
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #6332
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Sweet!
Give it a little break-in time, keep it clean and I'm betcha it'll run like a swiss watch
Thanks, going to the range tomorrow to run 500 rounds thought it. Should be broke in after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's SS View Post
Nice Kimber. I like my little .380's. They are so easy to carry. I just got finished making a holster for this Mustang.

Nice holster man!

Quote:
Since I was taking pics thought I'd show off the newest member of the family.... Her name is Noreen BN308, I just call her Sweety

This is my first AR10 type, I like the Noreen for it's side-charging and Shilen barrel. Nice base to start with. First mod is Vortex scope, Atlas bipod, then fire-control group... thought I might just order springs & polish it up, if I don't like the result I can swap it with another rifle & get a Geissele or JP single stage maybe
I need one of those for hunting. I think that's what I am going to build next.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #6333
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Cold weather shooting gloves....does a thin pair of gloves that keep your hands warm exist? I have a set of Blackhawk ones....they're alright but I am outside for LONG periods of time and they don't last....
Old 11-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #6334
Mr Twisty

Liner gloves, with a good pair over, till you're ready to shoot..... or keep your hands in your pockets lol

Thin & warm just doesn't seem to exist, but I've been pleased with anything with thinsulate.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #6335
Denis

the problem is i cant keep then in my pockets (the Navy isnt a fan of that) and i cant take them off when im ready to shoot. they would be worn all day (12 hours) and i still need some dexterity. its a problem for sure. what i need seems to not exist...thin warm glove.

so i guess i need more of a patrol glove, not just a shooting glove. but the thinner the better as long as its warm.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #6336
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
the problem is i cant keep then in my pockets (the Navy isnt a fan of that) and i cant take them off when im ready to shoot. they would be worn all day (12 hours) and i still need some dexterity. its a problem for sure. what i need seems to not exist...thin warm glove.

so i guess i need more of a patrol glove, not just a shooting glove. but the thinner the better as long as its warm.
Put some hand warmers in those thing gloves and they will be warm.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #6337
Denis

Quote:
Put some hand warmers in those thing gloves and they will be warm.
Yea that's probably what's gonna end up happenin
Old 11-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #6338
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Yea that's probably what's gonna end up happenin
Damn I hate auto correct lol. Ya that what I do when it's really cold out and sitting in a tree stand for hours waiting for a good deer.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #6339
Software Guy

Drives: 2014 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
I bought my son a Ruger American Rimfire 22 today as his Christmas present. I also bought myself a S&W 45 for grins and giggles, I just didn't tell my wife! We are going to the range Thanksgiving morning to shoot them both. I have to wait until Monday to pick up mine, thanks NYS.
Software Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #6340
Software Guy

Drives: 2014 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Here's my collection minus the 2 new ones. You get bonus points for recognition!

Name:  C360_2014-11-15-09-05-24-001.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  153.4 KB
Software Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #6341
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I have added about a dozen 1911's since this photo was taken (what can I say, I got a little "1911 crazy" for a while here recently!), but here's some of my smoke wagons. We got any issues with these? LOL

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #6342
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
A few of the newer 1911's, all cerakote modified for personalization (a result of my wife saying they're all starting to look alike... solved that issue fast!).

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #6343
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by incustody View Post
I don't own any since Janet Reno but sure love hearing about them
Lost them all in a tragic boating accident? I know a few folks that also lost entire collections that way. Funny though, they only lost the guns they bought new and filled out a Form 4473. Texas being a free state, we buy and sell firearms at garage sales all the time.

Janet can eat me as she has no say so about any of my NFA weapons/items. In fact, the FEDS sold me the tax stamp.

The FEDERAL government (if your STATE allows it) will let you own a tank, 105mm Howitzer, rocket launcher, machine gun, silencer, etc for the sum of $200 to pay for the tax stamp. If you want an AOW, a $5 tax stamp applies. Most folks do not know their state may not allow them to own an AR, but they can own an F16.

RIP William Tyler "Grumpy" Jenkins - b 12-22-1930 d - 03-29-2012
Thanks Bill, for showing all the non-believers a 331" small block Chevy powered car could outrun a 426 Hemi powered car. Thanks for the tube chassis, the splay valve small block cylinder heads, the strut front suspension, and the dry sump oiling system. I applaud your becoming the once king of the NA motors builders. Most of all, thanks for the racing memories and inspiring many young guys to follow in your footsteps.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #6344
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
When it's time to be quiet, the HK.45CT for up close. The Remington .308 has a can for the long stuff.
Thanks to some Texas [politicians with common sense - we can now legally carry a concealed handgun AND an automatic knife. How absurd to be licensed to carry a handgun, but a certain knife is illegal? I can now carry my Al Mar Auto-SERE!!!!!

When only a large caliber will do:
A Ruger Redhawk .44 MAG
A S&W 329PD .44 MAG - this is a 29 ounce CANNON that will hurt you. Bear country peace of mind.
A CZ American dangerous game rifle in .375 H&H magnum

My Texas BBQ rig
a mint 80s era stainless steel Champion - a few SA Custom Shop features
D.M. Bullard of Azle, Texas works VERY well with exotic leather. This is a full elephant rig in vintage bark color - not cheap, but worth every penny:

When you need a knife - it should be rugged.
Texans can carry fixed blade knives with a blade no longer than 5.5"
My Liontribe Designs Tiger Shark in W2 tool steel. The heavy 4.25" bladed monster weighs almost a pound.

RIP William Tyler "Grumpy" Jenkins - b 12-22-1930 d - 03-29-2012
Thanks Bill, for showing all the non-believers a 331" small block Chevy powered car could outrun a 426 Hemi powered car. Thanks for the tube chassis, the splay valve small block cylinder heads, the strut front suspension, and the dry sump oiling system. I applaud your becoming the once king of the NA motors builders. Most of all, thanks for the racing memories and inspiring many young guys to follow in your footsteps.
Snidely Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #6345
ztopdoge8

Drives: 2013 2ls Rally Yellow
Freedom

Never EVER, too many guns can a free American have on hand !!!!!!!!
Attached Images

ztopdoge8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #6346
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Concealed carry, 1920s style

Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #6347
shibbs

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Concealed carry, 1920s style

Ha, I have this guy's baby brother. .25 Auto. It's a cute little sucker.
Colt's original advertisement read "Designed to fit into a gentleman's vest pocket."

Mine needs some smithy work, though -- the safety slides completely freely, there is no detent at all.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #6348
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I kinda want to get a vest pocket Colt .25

Tags
camaro gun