Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
The other panic

Drives: C3 Vette fully modded and lightened
Mail order tuning.

How good are mail order tunings? Is it about sending the whole ecu box to the tuner and then have it sent back after modded, is it?

Something like this...

http://www.pcmofnc.com/index.php/tun...libu-1997-2003

If this really works I'd be delighted as over here I won't find garages with the experience on V8 american engines....
The other panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
There are various hand held tuners available. The remote tunes from reputable tuners are almost as good or as good as dyno tunes because of the amount of these cars that have been on dynos for just about every bolt on or work imaginable. This site is a great source to look through a list of pros and choose whomever you feel suits you the best. All you need is to purchase the handheld tuner that they suggest and go forward from there. It really wakes these cars up. Worth every penny.
Gluck!
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
The ease of it depends on what mods you're doing. Most decent tuners can nail a CAI/header combo in one try. If you do a cam or SC, that usually takes a few to several tunes that you install, datalog, send back. It's all done via email using the handheld of your tuners choice or HP tuners, etc. Obviously, a dyno tune would be recommended for cam or SC but some people don't have that luxury.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
The other panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
The ease of it depends on what mods you're doing. Most decent tuners can nail a CAI/header combo in one try. If you do a cam or SC, that usually takes a few to several tunes that you install, datalog, send back. It's all done via email using the handheld of your tuners choice or HP tuners, etc. Obviously, a dyno tune would be recommended for cam or SC but some people don't have that luxury.
I thought the whole ecu box had to be sent to be modded in the tuner's place, not via e-mail...

The mods I'd do would be long decatted headers, exhaust and CAI.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by The other panic View Post
I thought the whole ecu box had to be sent to be modded in the tuner's place, not via e-mail...

The mods I'd do would be long decatted headers, exhaust and CAI.
Not at all. You buy the handheld of choice for the tuner you pick, load your OEM tune into the handheld via the OBDII port, send to said tuner via email, he tweaks it and sends it back to you, you load it into your handheld, then install it into your car. Fast and easy. Do you have a auto or manual?
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
The other panic

Quote:
Not at all. You buy the handheld of choice for the tuner you pick, load your OEM tune into the handheld via the OBDII port, send to said tuner via email, he tweaks it and sends it back to you, you load it into your handheld, then install it into your car. Fast and easy. Do you have a auto or manual?
I've ordered a manual, it's due to arrive early 2014.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
I've ordered a manual, it's due to arrive early 2014.
Congrats. Just look around till then and find a shop that you like that does remote tuning. Most on here can do that and tuning for CAI/headers is very easy for them. Most have done hundreds of tunes in that combo.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 12-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
How good are mail order tunings? Is it about sending the whole ecu box to the tuner and then have it sent back after modded, is it?

Something like this...

If this really works I'd be delighted as over here I won't find garages with the experience on V8 american engines....
Tuning could not be more simple the JRE And SCT X3 hand held tuner.

You order an SCT X3 tuner from my site, when you get it you connect it to the car, upload a copy of the Stock File, Email it to me, I write the custom tune for your Mods and email it back to you.

You load the tune file on the device, then load it to the car.

This is the short version, Step by Step instructions are included to walk you through the Very Easy Process. LINK http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276696

I have tuned over 1600 Gen5 Camaros from Mild to Wild to perfection all over the World.

The SCT device is a powerful tool, that can Store the Factory tune as well as up to 3 Custom Tunes, it Reads and clears Codes, It can do a Crank Relearn after a cam install, It can Log All of the PIDs a 7 thousand Dollar Scanner Can.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
This. Hit up Matt @ FSP. He does great work.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
We have been perfecting the Pfadt Performance Tune for Camaro. We focus on peak horsepower and torque just like many other tuners but more importantly we focus on drivability. Since most drivers don't just do constant drag runs we make sure you have the most power at your disposal in all driving ranges.

Pfadt Camaro Performance Tune
  • More horsepower and torque
  • Advanced Throttle Control - Eliminates factory lag
  • Pfadt Torque on Demand - The most Torque across the rev band
  • 20 Minute Install - Completely DIY

Not only can we give you extra torque and horsepower but we actually control peak torque across the driving rev band (Pfadt Torque on Demand). So you can get your peak numbers like the other tuners at redline, but we make sure you have the maximum amount of power in the lower and midrange as well. On top of that, another detail our computer programmers and engineers have perfected is Pfadt Advanced Throttle Control. What this means is we eliminate factory lag, so when you punch that throttle you get kicked back in the seat immediately, and it only takes 20 minutes and a PC to do it. You can buy this directly from us or from an authorized Pfadt dealer such as Apex Chase or JDP Motorsports or FSP.

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Mr. Ted a.k.a tuning master!
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Remote tuning can be done successfully if you take the time to datalog if the setup is a little more wild. a bolt on car is cake to get right, now make sure to ask if they lock the tune, if so don't use them! Nothing is more frustrating when a customers pcm is locked and they had no clue it was because the previous tuner did so.
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:

Something like this...

Contact Matt@FSP he is a sponsor of this forum and I've had the pleasure of working with him on a Trans tune for my L99, his customer service was TOP NOTCH! You might also think about getting an HP tuners program so can learn yourself. It's really not that hard to get familiar with the program if you have time to read at the HP tuners website. Matt has links for you to use with instructions on how to upload and down load too. Suerte
here is a link!
http://www.floridaspeedandpower.com/contact-us/

Saludos a mi gente de Andalusia!!
Velázquez
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
Fishdadddy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ; 1970 Firebird Formula
Can all this be done with a Mac computer? Or do you have to use a PC?
Fishdadddy is offline   Reply With Quote