Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #43
Venom40k
No... not the SS...

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS *Red*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet View Post
Now if you want something hidden that just will not attract attention from mechanics and racers alike... We have..

The Moneymaker.

A hidden system designed around EFI intakes. This would be my choice for trying to keep it inconspicuous.

That is hillarious! After reading this whole thread... I was expecting a scold post from you Graham!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #44
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom40k View Post
That is hillarious! After reading this whole thread... I was expecting a scold post from you Graham!
My personal motto, coming from my experience with cars and more specifically nitrous cars..

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

But I agree. Pay to play. This is just to make sure they do not try and mess with you on fixing your AC or power steering or something over having nitrous....

And to drag your neighbor for running his mouth!
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #45
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
O ya.... that sounds exactly like your TPS is screwy then. Have you tried to reset the position on the senser?
No, I have no idea how. I didn't install it.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #46
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
No, I have no idea how. I didn't install it.
Think its a two man operation. There is a button on the module that one guy pushes and other guy mashed the gas pedal. I think its done a couple of times.... kinda fuzzy. I think you can check the install pdf on zex web site, or when I wake up tomorrow I will see if I can find the install instructions I kept. I'm on the graveyards, so it will be later in the day. Pretty easy task though. I'm pretty sure you don't want to do this with it still connected to your intake and bottle open. That would be a pool of badness if you were to start engine and intake was full of nitrous, so pull the CAI piece your nozzle is in when you do this, just to be safe.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #47
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Think its a two man operation. There is a button on the module that one guy pushes and other guy mashed the gas pedal. I think its done a couple of times.... kinda fuzzy. I think you can check the install pdf on zex web site, or when I wake up tomorrow I will see if I can find the install instructions I kept. I'm on the graveyards, so it will be later in the day. Pretty easy task though. I'm pretty sure you don't want to do this with it still connected to your intake and bottle open. That would be a pool of badness if you were to start engine and intake was full of nitrous, so pull the CAI piece your nozzle is in when you do this, just to be safe.
I'll take a look at the PDF and do it with a friend. I remember the installer doing it with the key in the on position, not with the engine turned on. I'll make sure the bottle is off
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #48
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Or you can just close the bottle and remove the nitrous feed line. The NX kit is a one man op. You push the button, the light starts to blink, you go inside and push the throttle, go back outside, the light should stay on constant, if not, repeat.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #49
PoorMansCamaro

I think the zex is the same. Only one guy installed it. Unless that's why it's messed up. Lol
Old 05-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #50
Nique303

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
Or you can just close the bottle and remove the nitrous feed line. The NX kit is a one man op. You push the button, the light starts to blink, you go inside and push the throttle, go back outside, the light should stay on constant, if not, repeat.

this is the same for the zex nitrous kit /

1.turn system on
2.push button on unit (should start blinking red learn mode)
3.push gas all the way down hold down for 10secs
4.let of gas
5.turn off system
6.turn back on
7.gas pedal to floor you should hear the clicking sound coming from unit

hope this help you out ?
ZEX NITROUS KIT
REAR WINDOW LOUVER
CUSTOM PAINTED RIMS
CUSTOM PAINTED CALIPERS
WHITE RACING STRIPES
METRA KIT INSTALLED
PIONEER TOUCH SCREEN DVD
1-12INCH PRIMIER SHALLOW MOUNT SUB
800 WATT SINGLE CHANNEL PIONEER AMP
FRONT AND REAR LIGHT BLACK OUT KIT
Nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #51
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nique303 View Post
this is the same for the zex nitrous kit /

1.turn system on
2.push button on unit (should start blinking red learn mode)
3.push gas all the way down hold down for 10secs
4.let of gas
5.turn off system
6.turn back on
7.gas pedal to floor you should hear the clicking sound coming from unit

hope this help you out ?
Cool, now I don't need to get the PDF. Lol
Old 05-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #52
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Dude why dont you try a bare bones set up?

Just wire your solenoids to a push button, have a power/kill switch in between. To spray you just press the button?

Just make sure you only hit the button after 2,500~ rpms and only at full throttle. Also let off between shifts.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #53
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Gas Pedal is going to be the best system for the nitrous unless you are ready to shell out lots of $$$
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #54
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post

Just wire your solenoids to a push button, have a power/kill switch in between. To spray you just press the button?

Just make sure you only hit the button after 2,500~ rpms and only at full throttle. Also let off between shifts.
Well, once I get this setup up and running, it'll be the best thing because I'll get the most out of the nitrous when spraying. If I did a push button I'd have to shift then spray, which would mean I wouldn't be spraying as much.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #55
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Poorman.... after you reset that TPS.. you should take a couple of pulls at 55, and if all goes well, drop in a 43n jet and a 21f jet. That should run like a champ, and give you 75 extra ponies. I am currently running a 46n and 26f and have had no issues with the limp mode. That is a 100 pony shot, and all is well. With the m6, I think this is a perfect set up with the window switch, which I run from 2600rpm to 6600rpm. I tried skipping first gear, and figured out that when your on a rolling start, and drop a gear, it skips the first gear no matter which gear it is, and that is your most important for gaining the torque. Your set up is good. Just keep at it, and it will make you giddy like a school girl.

Another tip is pull your plug at each step. If its a clean plug, your doing good... discoloured either brown or black... to rich, if the edges of the ground strap are rounded of a little, and like small flakes on the porcelain... bad! That's detonation, and you should back down and maybe find a dyno. My plugs have been clean at every step, and there are a few of us at that jetting stage.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold

Last edited by jeff4946; 05-11-2011 at 02:07 PM.
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #56
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post

Do not do that. If you want to run off of a button, run it in line with a TPS switch. No reason to risk a motor over 100-200$.

I would personally never run without a window switch, but I would never want to chance the motor on just running a button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
Gas Pedal is going to be the best system for the nitrous unless you are ready to shell out lots of $$$
What did you mean by this?
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote