Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Thanks.

Yea I can put up with the noise, but it is the dust on the new Forgelines (polished) that I can't handle. They cleaned up easy (thanks to Adams), but even short drives end up with too much dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Yup, the dust is the other issue....I make sure my Forgeline's have a good layer of wax on them at all times....then just blow them off with air compressor.
Switching back and forth between an aggressive track pad and street pad really isn't and issue other than noise. The higher the brake pad operating temperature, the more aggressive the pad is a good rule of thumb. Your track pads are leaving that much residue, because the dust on the wheel is mostly from the rotor . Run Cobalt Friction XR1 in front and XR 2 or 3 in the rear and I can assure you your rotors will get 'turned' and be ready for your street pad. Of course you'll be going through rotors more frequently, but you will stop.

Brake dust is mostly iron rotor dust. It turn to a rust / concrete when it gets wet if you don't wash them immediately. You can't use wheel cleaner because they all dull the finish. The brake dust scratches when you touch it so a clean bucket of water loaded with car wash soap and a clean wash mitt for each wheel is standard operating procedure. With a Forgeline polished wheel a Powerball, cordless drill, Billet polish and Never Dull wadding are your best friend, but you already knew that

I love the look too and know your pain first hand.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Pete, I already have had the fun of cleaning the wheels after they got wet, at Run to the Music City, it rained a lot, brakes while wet made a very big mess....fortunately, my wheels are all powdercoated....
Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Pete, I already have had the fun of cleaning the wheels after they got wet, at Run to the Music City, it rained a lot, brakes while wet made a very big mess....fortunately, my wheels are all powdercoated....
If they made ssreets out of that stuff they would last for centuries
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #18
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I sprayed the wheels with Adams Quick Sealant Spray, and all of the rubber and dust came off really easy. Really easy to put on too. I'm going to spray the rocker panels next time instead of tape, to see if clean up is easier than messing with the tape.

Thanks for all of the advice, switching back to street pads this weekend.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote