Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Dudule

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Crystal Red
Camaro and golf

Hi all,

First of all let me introduce myself to you:
I am the happy owner of a 2001 Corvette which I really like except the fact that , as a family man, I can't bring my wife and my kids along with me.
We do have a family car (a Trailblazer LTZ) but I would like to get something more compact for the short trips.
That's why I was considering to buy a Camaro 2SS in order to replace the Vette.
I've already red the threads about carrying children in a Camaro (mines are 3 and 5) and as far as I understood it's not the perfect car for that, but it's not a problem with me as it would not be the "main" family car.

My second issue about the Camaro is the trunk. As I'm a golf player I want to know if theres enough place to carry a golf bag with all the clubs inside obviously

Ok you may think : Go to the dealer and have this checked...but the problem is that I live in France and the Camaro is not sold in Europe so I can only rely on pictures and on feedback of you guys.

And as i never test drove this car can you tell me how it is compared to a C5 Vette.

Thank you for your replies

Greg

Last edited by Dudule; 09-21-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Dudule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I have my golf clubs in my trunk right now.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Greg,

I have had two sets of golf clubs, one of which has a 49" inch driver, in the trunk, along with some medium sized travel bags.... The entry into the trunk is somewhat small, but the overall capacity is quite healthy...I was pleasantly surprised...

I think you'll find the performance quite pleasing compared to a C5 Vette...

The L99 (auto) is maybe a touch quicker off the line, but the LS3 (manual)will walk off and leave it in third gear on a rolling start...

A friend and I have proven this many times at the track... He jumps me hard off the line, but I run him down at the top end... My trap speeds are around 109 - 110, his are around 103 - 104....He has an L99 and I have the LS3...I've only beaten him once, due to me not being able to consistently get it off the line yet... working on it though...

Throw the clubs in the trunk, the kids in the backseat, the wife in the passenger seat, and off to the links or wherever....

Bear in mind, that a Camaro on the golf course, is frowned upon in most places....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
Dudule

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Crystal Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Greg,

Bear in mind, that a Camaro on the golf course, is frowned upon in most places....
...Just like a Vette I believe.
Dudule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:51 AM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Sure about that???...
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #6
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
your not going to get a good answer on a camaro site with people here that love and can only say good things about them.... heres what you should do... go to the dealer ship, test drive one. even bring the wife if you want.. and see if its right for you...
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudule View Post
Hi all,

My second issue about the Camaro is the trunk. As I'm a golf player I want to know if theres enough place to carry a golf bag with all the clubs inside obviously

Greg
You can fit golf clubs for the whole family in the Camaro trunk.

Quote:
Ok you may think : Go to the dealer and have this checked...but the problem is that I live in France and the Camaro is not sold in Europe so I can only rely on pictures and on feedback of you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
your not going to get a good answer on a camaro site with people here that love and can only say good things about them.... heres what you should do... go to the dealer ship, test drive one. even bring the wife if you want.. and see if its right for you...
Yeah, not helping much there if you don't read it all.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:17 AM   #8
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
I put golf bags in all the time. They fit fine. Although on the second bag, you usually have to pop the driver out of the bag and lay it on top.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Dudule, you have your base answer, yes they will fit in the trunk, and with that, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #10
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
My Stand bag fits not good. I take the driver out. lot of room but small trunk opening.
Back seat sucks. I am 6 1" must move seat up to have a small kid fit . No adults.
But I love my car.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #11
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I also play golf, and that was one of the issue about the trunk. My Camaro is not my daily driver so I use my Toyota 4-Runner to keep my tool's in (golf bag). I would be afraid to leave my Camaro in a golf course parking lot. People have no respect for other people car's.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #12
MIKnam67
MIC

Drives: 2012 SSRS 6sp man Blk
Quote:
Hi all,

First of all let me introduce myself to you:
I am the happy owner of a 2001 Corvette which I really like except the fact that , as a family man, I can't bring my wife and my kids along with me.
We do have a family car (a Trailblazer LTZ) but I would like to get something more compact for the short trips.
That's why I was considering to buy a Camaro 2SS in order to replace the Vette.
I've already red the threads about carrying children in a Camaro (mines are 3 and 5) and as far as I understood it's not the perfect car for that, but it's not a problem with me as it would not be the "main" family car.

And as i never test drove this car can you tell me how it is compared to a C5 Vette.

Greg
I play 3 to 4 days per week and usually drive the camaro. I have had 2 bags in the trunk but usually have to take the driver out and lay it by itself in trunk. Fits fine.
MIKnam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
autobotaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro LS
I manage a golf course and have not even tried fitting my clubs in my Camaro yet, lol. Not because they don't fit but because I am just not playing at all right now. I have seen many Camaros in the parking lot here at the course so they definitely fit.

As for people not respecting for others cars that is going to be anywhere but at the course you have to worry about people's bags bumping up against your car.

Since I am the manager I have a corner spot next to a wall and I park a close as I can to it. Some of my employees will park next to me to protect my Camaro.

I feel nervous anytime I leave it un-attended.
autobotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #14
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
I've had as many as 3 bags in there. Just have to pop the drivers/woods out and put them in on top of the bags. There's actually a TON of room in this trunk, it's just that the opening is a bit goofy and small, but it can easily be done.