Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #127
BulletSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
I found a dealer

I ended up making a spreadsheet of over 25 dealers in my area. I called nearly all of them and marked which ones would honor my discounts (college grad, USAA, GM card). I came up with about a half dozen. Not bad.

I'll be seeing one of them on Monday to place my order. I'm worried something is going to slip and I'll get screwed when the car comes in. For those that ordered with a discount, where did you have it written down? Is there an order form that this type of stuff gets put on?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #128
Wareal

Drives: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSS View Post
I ended up making a spreadsheet of over 25 dealers in my area. I called nearly all of them and marked which ones would honor my discounts (college grad, USAA, GM card). I came up with about a half dozen. Not bad.

I'll be seeing one of them on Monday to place my order. I'm worried something is going to slip and I'll get screwed when the car comes in. For those that ordered with a discount, where did you have it written down? Is there an order form that this type of stuff gets put on?
All applicable GM incentives are updated and changed monthly. GM incentive eligibility is driven by DELIVERY DATE not order date.

The supply/demand equation has shifted significantly in the last month. Basically, there is very little supply. Demand will subside after CFC, however cars lots won't be anywhere near full for at least six months. Our dealership has space for roughly 800-1000 cars new and used. We have less than 100 new cars (Chevy and Subaru) on the lot right now. Selection? What selection? We have 20 inbound 2010 Equinox--every one with a VIN is sold (thanks CFC!).

CFC has done it'd job, but it's not exactly a "free" market.
GM cannot and will not maintain or control retail price. Google FTC and price fixing. The irony of all the nonsense in this thread about GM and pricing is that the FTC regulations were put in place to protect the consumer so that the consumer would get a fair and competitive price. The fair trade laws that prohibit price fixing by manufacturers and prescribed by the FTC are actually good laws that work well to protect the consumer.

Camaro supply meets demand above MSRP right now. Except of course, on this message board where it is roughly MSRP.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #129
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I didn't read through the entire thread, but is there a time limit in which you have to be a part of the Credit Union to get Supplier Pricing? Or is it just that you need to be a member. I just close accounts to a credit union that qualified, but had issues with them. I was with them for 6 years. I am looking at joining another one if I can use this benefit.
Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #130
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
I didn't read through the entire thread, but is there a time limit in which you have to be a part of the Credit Union to get Supplier Pricing? Or is it just that you need to be a member. I just close accounts to a credit union that qualified, but had issues with them. I was with them for 6 years. I am looking at joining another one if I can use this benefit.
Thanks
First make sure they'll accept it. Basil has stopped accepting supplier because it's getting too close to invoice pricing as Chevy changed the price they charge the dealers (MSRP remains the same). Basil will however sell you any Camaro on their lot- or a car you order- at $500 over invoice all day and all night if you tell them you're a Camaro5 member.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #131
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I really want to go through my aunt. She works at Emerling. Have bought my last 4 new cars from her. I will talk to her and if she is not willing, I will be headin gover to Basil. I will be ordering soon. Don't want deliever until February..
Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #132
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
# PHILLIPS CHEVROLET INC
# 33 W LINCOLN HWY
# FRANKFORT, IL 60423
# Telephone: (815) 4692323
# Fax: (815) 4690210

NOT honoring the credit union discount.

Closed Thread