Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #155
gen5fan

Drives: Previous '04 SSR; '10 2SS; '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcox2010 View Post
my camaro has arrived
Keith,

Congratulations on the new SS.
It looks great !!!

The cold spell will break soon.......snow will melt......spring will be on its way.
(Well, that's what I keep telling myself)

Hope you got it home safely.

Jim
gen5fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #156
rb

Drives: silver '11 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky's SS View Post
Have to do something to it, can't drive it up here in NY, with the crap winter we are having.
Hey Tricky,
I was just kidding you. Had to gig you a little bit. I've never heard of anyone modifying their new Camaro that quick. I admire your work ethic. I wish I had the mechanical skills to put things together that quickly. I know your car will be looking really good by spring. (looks pretty darn good now!) I haven't seen the Hurst shifter for the auto yet. That sounds really cool. I want to see pictures when you get it installed. Keep us posted.
Oh, and talking about the crap winter? Man, I'm with you 100%. I just came in from shoveling snow off my driveway..........AGAIN! Only half way done. I'll have to finish the rest tomorrow, I'm tired now. 7" of new snow last night, supposed to get down to -5 tonight. Gawd, I'm sick of it!
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #157
Tricky's SS

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
i here ya rb, this winter has been the worst. At least with the car now i have something to tinker with until spring, which i hope comes soon.
Tricky's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #158
rb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky's SS View Post
i here ya rb, this winter has been the worst. At least with the car now i have something to tinker with until spring, which i hope comes soon.
Amen brother!

Hey I got some good news today. My dealer called and said my car IS here! I thought something was up. I got the updated status Monday morning that my car was at 5000, delivered to dealer. He called me Monday to tell me he received the invoice for my car and it should only be another 1 to 3 weeks to get it. (what!?!) I called him back yesterday after thinking about it, (his day off of coarse) and told him I thought something was wrong and he said he'd check it out when he got back to work today. Sure enough, it was there waiting for someone to notice it. Must have been dropped off at an odd time or something, or the snowstorm had everybody in a tizzy. Doesn't matter, with the weather so screwed up this week, I wouldn't have taken it home until later anyway. So, I have made plans to pick it up Friday. The roads should be pretty good by then and I'll have it by the weekend. Looks like I'll have something to tinker with until spring too! Cool huh? Should have pictures Friday.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #159
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Amen brother!

Hey I got some good news today. My dealer called and said my car IS here! I thought something was up. I got the updated status Monday morning that my car was at 5000, delivered to dealer. He called me Monday to tell me he received the invoice for my car and it should only be another 1 to 3 weeks to get it. (what!?!) I called him back yesterday after thinking about it, (his day off of coarse) and told him I thought something was wrong and he said he'd check it out when he got back to work today. Sure enough, it was there waiting for someone to notice it. Must have been dropped off at an odd time or something, or the snowstorm had everybody in a tizzy. Doesn't matter, with the weather so screwed up this week, I wouldn't have taken it home until later anyway. So, I have made plans to pick it up Friday. The roads should be pretty good by then and I'll have it by the weekend. Looks like I'll have something to tinker with until spring too! Cool huh? Should have pictures Friday.
Awesome! Glad to hear she's coming home have either of you started a member journal?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #160
rb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Awesome! Glad to hear she's coming home have either of you started a member journal?
Thanks Lycanine. This winter is clearly going to be a memorable one. I haven't started a journal but have been thinking about it. I see you have a nice one so far. Do you just hit the "new thread" button to get started?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #161
Tricky's SS

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
Nice RB, congrats on the new ride, and good luck with it !!!
Tricky's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #162
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thanks Lycanine. This winter is clearly going to be a memorable one. I haven't started a journal but have been thinking about it. I see you have a nice one so far. Do you just hit the "new thread" button to get started?
Yep! Its a good way to keep track of everything too. Plus I might steal an idea from you lol
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #163
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Quote:
Amen brother!

Congrats on finally getting your baby. Still waiting on mine but I don't thinkany verts have been shipped yet. Just as well too cold and snowy to use it anyway. Cant wait to see your pics.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #164
rb

Hey thanks everyone. I can't wait to get it home. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to pick it up and have the whole weekend ahead of me. It's gonna be great! The weather is even supposed to be better by Saturday. I might be able to wash it if it needs it. (let's see, I got the paint sealant to put on, the skip shift eliminator to install, the SS emblems to replace the bow ties, might think about removing the side badges....mmm, I think I need to take another day or two off)
I should have pictures tomorrow. Wow, I still can't quite believe it.

zandron,
I think you're right about none of the verts being shipped yet. What jackiea said earlier about holding them all until March ("available this spring)" makes as much sense as anything I've heard. Well, I'll tell you this, when you guys do get them, you'll probably have a hard time getting any drive time in, because everybody's gonna want to talk to you, and ask questions, and look them all over, and drool all over them, and tell you about their cool car they had back in the day, and.... well.... you get the picture. You vert owners are going to be very popular!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #165
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Congrats rb
Old 02-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #166
jackiea

Drives: 2011 IOM/IOM 2LT/ RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starminder View Post
It looks like it's moving again at least.

02/05/2011 - (4000) Vehicle available to ship
02/07/2011 - (4104) Bailment Invoice Created (vehicle is about to leave plant property).
02/05/2011 - (4B00) Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
We got our VIN and went to 4B00 on the same day, 1/31/11. Since then...nothing. Our dealer called a day or two later and told us he checked on it and it was in quality control. So that is how we got to where we are. We have heard nothing since then. I told my hubby today (Zandron) that somewhere in Oshuwa is a warehouse with a lot of Camaro verts in it :-) I keep telling myself that I couldn't drive it now anyway but the wait is still killing me
jackiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #167
shortstop4

Drives: '13 Summit White ZL1 M6
shortstop4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #168
rb

shortstop4,

Beautiful car, absolutely gorgeous. Excellent choice in 1st mods I might add. Bet it sounds awesome with the new Flowmaster exhaust. I'm liking the Flowmaster sound myself. Those Cold Air Inductions intakes look so good. Going to have to get me one of those setups too I think. Congrats on getting it home! It's gonna be a good weekend, huh?