Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Driver Seat Squeaks!

I have a 2013 Camaro ZL1 with 2,800 miles on it. I just noticed two days ago the chair started to squeak. I hear it mainly when I push my back against the the seat. It is driving me up a wall, anyone else have this issue or know what it might be?

I've tried moving the chair in different positions but it doesn't seem to help.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I have a 2013 Camaro ZL1 with 2,800 miles on it. I just noticed two days ago the chair started to squeak. I hear it mainly when I push my back against the the seat. It is driving me up a wall, anyone else have this issue or know what it might be?

BaylorCamaro,

I do apologize for reading about your seat squeaking. I understand that you're seeking opinions of this matter, and wanted you to know that we're also here if you need additional assistance. Feel free to send me a message if needed.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Thanks William.

I went to the dealership this morning and of course the squeaking stopped and I could not replicate it... I will continue to monitor it and see if it gets worse.

There appears to be a TSB for this "PI097: Squeak/Creak type noise from driver and passenger seat track front mounting system."

Time will tell.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Thanks William.

I went to the dealership this morning and of course the squeaking stopped and I could not replicate it... I will continue to monitor it and see if it gets worse.

There appears to be a TSB for this "PI097: Squeak/Creak type noise from driver and passenger seat track front mounting system."

Time will tell.
Oh my,

It's so displeasing when that happens. Please keep an eye on it and let me know if it arises again. We're here via PM if you need us.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
ThrashMetalGuy

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black
Quote:

Having the same problem w/passenger seat ONLY and someone has to be sitting in it for it to clunk/squeak. It only seems to happen when the seat is all the way back too. It's so annoying. Bringing it to dealer soon and having them check it out. Still under warranty.

Last edited by ThrashMetalGuy; 10-22-2013 at 07:53 PM.
ThrashMetalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
INtha305

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
I have a 2010 and my passenger seat squeaks bad too. Especially over a bump
INtha305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
PhelanZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
My 2013 ZL1 had the same problem, passenger seat was creaking, and the service manager set me up for the repair under the TSB listed. When the part came in it was damaged in shipping and rather then try and make it work they ordered me an entire seat track and had it over nighted , mind you I'm still still in the loaner car. To make a long story short the car seat was fixed when promised and washed and waxed when I got it back, thumbs up for Dimmitt Chevy from Clearwater Florida .
PhelanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 AM   #8
19victoryred63

Drives: 2013 camaro 2lt r/s
well you aint alone , my 2013 with 400 miles on it has a squeaky drivers seat
seat has to all the way back and squeaks very loud if you hit bumps just right or wiggle in the seat
no big deal , I will address this when I go in for my 1st oil change @ 5000k
19victoryred63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
USA1

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT2 RS
Same problem with both seats in my 2013 RS. This is a common problem and is related to the seat frame design....it is a flaw. I know this because of several trips to my dealer for the infamous clunking seat. This occurs when the seat is in the FULL back position and someone is sitting in it. The ONLY solution to this "clunk" is to move the seat forward a tiny bit, to keep it from resting on the rear bump-stop.
Both seat frames on my car were replaced and the brand new ones did the same thing. I suspect that all of the 2013s have this problem and the only people that notice are the ones that put their seats in the "full back" position.
USA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
Blakk11SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
The squeek may be the seatbelt buckle rubbing on the side of the seat. I have a noise from that area on the driver side, if you look at the buckle mechanism, there is a felt-like material about 2" long 1/8" wide on the seat side of buckle that acts as a rub protector. This material appears to wear smooth and then squeeks on the leather seat edge. Sitting there in the seat with the belt fastened, pulled snug, move your hips any direction and you will hear the noise. I wonder if anyone with cloth seats has squeeks, probably not. i imagine a few basic remedies would be easy to apply, new felt on buckle would work too.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
Allgrey

Drives: '13 AGM/1SS/1LE/NPP/NAV
My car does this on the driver's side. First time was around 1500. Brought it in, tech said he got it to go away by re-torquing the seat frame. It was perfect until ~5000. Now it's back and it irrationally irritating. It's literally a loud creak every time I go over any bump at speed. I'm a resident though and haven't had a weekday off to take it in. Until then... I hate driving the car.
Allgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
ex-SS-ve

mine has done the same thing since new. had it in once to fix it. a few blocks from the dealership and noise was far worse than before. sounds like a pos when driving on bumpy roads.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allgrey View Post
My car does this on the driver's side. First time was around 1500. Brought it in, tech said he got it to go away by re-torquing the seat frame. It was perfect until ~5000. Now it's back and it irrationally irritating. It's literally a loud creak every time I go over any bump at speed. I'm a resident though and haven't had a weekday off to take it in. Until then... I hate driving the car.
Sincere apologies to hear about your seat squeaking. Any frustration this causes is certainly understandable and we definitely don't want you to "hate" driving the car. Feel free to contact me privately so I can assist with scheduling an official diagnosis at your convenience to have this inspected for you.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
steverino56

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS Silver
Quote:

Did it sound like this??
steverino56 is offline   Reply With Quote