Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Tennessee Tinting Laws

For those of us that live in Tennesse, here are the laws regarding tinting of your windows.

Quote:
Tennessee Window Tint Law
Tennessee Tint Law Enacted: 1990
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN TENNESSEE?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Tennessee, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN TENNESSEE?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows No metallic or mirrored appearance.
Back Side Windows No metallic or mirrored appearance.

OTHER TENNESSEE RULES AND REGULATIONS

Restricted Colors No colors of tint are explicitly banned.
Side Mirrors No restrictions.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film & glass on the driver’s side window.
Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
y2k10camaross

Drives: y2k SS, y2k10 2SS/RS
Thanks for the info. I went with the LLumar Axcess. It's a metallic/ceramic film and I went with 15% all around from the windshield back. It's not obnoxiously dark and I've found if you don't do something to draw attention to yourself it's not a problem. If I get stopped for the tint about all I can say is "yes, Sir" and remove it and then go with the 35%. Even at 35%, the LLumar Axcess is noticalby cooler than a 15% metallic tint and with no loss of signal or signal strength. I put the link below if you're interested.

http://www.llumar-axcess.com/index.html