Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #71
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Here's a few of the convertible spoiler and the pedals...

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #72
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Car looks great, does the spoiler require additional holes on the trunk lid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Here's a few of the convertible spoiler and the pedals...

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #73
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Car looks great, does the spoiler require additional holes on the trunk lid?

It was a direct bolt on. Literally took me longer to find all the tools than to swap it out.

You need a 10mm for the nuts 6 of them IIRC, and then an 8mm deep socket to push the tabs on the one clip. A panel clip tool would be nice too. Literally a 15 min job.

What attracted me to the Vert spoiler aside from looks was OEM quality and fit and the ease of the install.

The only other spoiler I looked at seriously was the Z/TA spoiler... http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...poiler-113.htm ... it's a little more pronounced than the Convertible spoiler though.

I also got a smoking deal on the Vert spoiler though.

Last edited by Firefighter; 04-28-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #74
Firefighter

You know looking at the pics. I really need to get rid of those RED brake calipers. I can't wait for GM to come out with the ZL1 brake upgrade. I want to put that set up on and then remove/buff off the ZL1 logo and then replace it with a 1LE logo of some sort. I'm thinking something that is along these lines...

CAMARO SS
---1LE---

Obviously stylized apropriately...
Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #75
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
You know looking at the pics. I really need to get rid of those RED brake calipers. I can't wait for GM to come out with the ZL1 brake upgrade. I want to put that set up on and then remove/buff off the ZL1 logo and then replace it with a 1LE logo of some sort. I'm thinking something that is along these lines...

CAMARO SS
---1LE---

Obviously...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #76
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

CAMARO SS
---1LE---

I would have thought that the Performance catalog would be ready by now.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #77
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I would have thought that the Performance catalog would be ready by now.
The catalog has been ready but a lot of the parts are not all available yet it seems the packages seem to be taking the longest.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #78
Firefighter

Well this week I hit 1500 miles. She is broken in, officially.

Today I dropped ALL the oil (Engine, Trans, Diff) and replaced them with my brand of choice, Valvoline all synthetic, with a Purolator PureOne oil filter. The next oil change will probably get one of the new Purolator synthetic filters.

The engine got SynPower in 5W30, the trans Tremec 6060 got Valvoline Max Life Dex/Merc ATF (synthetic) and the Diff got SynPower 75W-90 for limited slip.

I did about a 10 mile shakedown and it seems to be running a touch cooler and it might be my imagination but it seems "smoother".

A few things all of the oils looked like hell and were full of metal shavings. I cut open the oil filter (forgot to take pics) looked pretty clean all things considered. The Black Hole magnets I added did have some shavings on them.

I added dimple plugs to EVERYTHING also I added the "new" Super Black Hole oil filter magnets.

As an FYI the plugs are the following...

Engine Drain plug (1e) - M12 x 1.75 x 21
Transmission plugs (2e) - 1/2" NPT
Differential plugs (2e) - M20 x 1.5 x 14

There were questions about the trans and diff plugs but I got the measurements from my parts guy at Stingray Chevy and then talked with the Richard at Dimple and this is what we came up with. I need to call him and verify that it all worked out so he can update his site.

Also if you are thinking the diff comes with magnetic plugs there is no comparison between the factory plug and the Dimple version. To make a gun analogy the factory magnet is akin to a 22LR and the Dimple is akin to a 45ACP. Seriously there is NO COMPARISON.

Also I can confirm there are no other magnets on a 2013.

As for the Trans oil. I'm still old school and need to finish wrapping my head around using ATF in a manual transmission instead of Gear oil. I talked to Valvoline and this is what they recommended. I then had to get over that it is there "High mileage" stuff. So I did some more calling and talked to Tremec and they recommended Mobil One synthetic ATF. Well I like Valvoline for over 20 years now so I needed to know what they had that was the same. Without saying anything about my application the tech recommended the Max Life ATF. Then I told them again what I was putting it in they said that the Max Life was the way to go.

Right now everything seems good and I will give a report later on if there are any developments.

I know it's hard to get excited about changing oil... lol

Oh it does seem slower now though I think all the magnets are trying to attach to the earths core on the bright side my ride height seems to have gone down an inch so I don't need drop springs any more.

I'm kidding about that last paragraph btw... lol
Old 05-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #79
Firefighter

So Sunday I went off and did a number on the paint. A while back I bought the Essentials Detail kit... http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-99-ad...etail-kit.aspx ... let me tell you worth every penny. I spent the whole day and went through all the steps (6) and finished around 9 pm. I had to run around and ended up going all over town about 125 miles.

So first things first the new fluids from my last post made all the difference in the world she most definitely shifts and revs better. I'm glad I did the work. maybe she'll get better mileage (not that I really care) it wouldn't suck to have as a side affect.

Well about 30 minutes before I get home... It starts to pour rain. so the detail job went to hell... Dammit. So no pics. I'll wash it tomorrow and hopefully get a few shots of it.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #80
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Quote:
Here's a few as promised. I think she is coming along nicely...

wanted the pics but
that is one sweet 1LE
with the mods on there!
dang wish i had one.
maybe not black

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #81
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Love the car! Love the colour! Congrats!
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #82
Firefighter

ADM Race intake with scoop and washer bottle showed up today. I need to hit the dyno first.

Hopefully next week I make it over there then I'll install the intake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #83
Firefighter

So I decided I want the Roto-Fab washer bottle instead. I'll have the ADM one for sale here in a week or two.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #84
Firefighter

I also need to turn this into a Build Thread. Any thoughts on how to go about doing that?