Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #575
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I assume you mean what kind of foods do I eat. A lot of chicken, most snacks are fruits I will eat a few carbs but not much. I do have a weekness for peanut putter and have a small spoon full like every other day. I do have one fountain diet pop 3or4 days a week.

You have made some big changes congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
how are you eating these calories?
I found out when I was with my trainer that it was not WHAT I ate that was keeping the weight... it was HOW I was eating! I swear I eat more now than I did when I was a big girl!

keep in mind you didn't gain it over night and you won't lose it overnight! keep on keppin' on you will see changes

Here is a progression photo (my goal was to lose weight) my goal is to lose a little but trim back up! This was by following a strict meal plan, 1 hour work outs 3 nights a week. (we did arms and upper body Mon, lower body and legs Tues then core and Cardio Thursday) I got obsessive and started running 2 miles a day on lunch here at work, down the street, around the property and cut up through the middle. My trainer ended up upping my protein intake so that I wouldn't do muscle damage, there is a point when you can break down your muscles and start loosing it along with the fat!

Attachment 607743
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #576
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Where's my video?
I keep forgetting to take my phone with me, I don't like to take things that distract me out of my workout... I get in, get down and get out! Going to ask wife to take a video at home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
You ask for it so here you go
Just need trim the waist area... that was not that bad right?
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #577
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
how are you eating these calories?
I found out when I was with my trainer that it was not WHAT I ate that was keeping the weight... it was HOW I was eating! I swear I eat more now than I did when I was a big girl!

keep in mind you didn't gain it over night and you won't lose it overnight! keep on keppin' on you will see changes

Here is a progression photo (my goal was to lose weight) my goal is to lose a little but trim back up! This was by following a strict meal plan, 1 hour work outs 3 nights a week. (we did arms and upper body Mon, lower body and legs Tues then core and Cardio Thursday) I got obsessive and started running 2 miles a day on lunch here at work, down the street, around the property and cut up through the middle. My trainer ended up upping my protein intake so that I wouldn't do muscle damage, there is a point when you can break down your muscles and start loosing it along with the fat!

Attachment 607743
You go girl! bad @$$ girl with a bad @$$ car!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #578
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
Its always those love handles that I fight
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #579
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I assume you mean what kind of foods do I eat. A lot of chicken, most snacks are fruits I will eat a few carbs but not much. I do have a weekness for peanut putter and have a small spoon full like every other day. I do have one fountain diet pop 3or4 days a week.

You have made some big changes congrats

No I literally meant HOW... are you skipping breakfast? how many meals do you eat a day?
I found out the first day that I was eating all the right stuff, I don't eat fried, I don;t eat red meat but a few rare occasions, I don't drink sodas haven't had one in 10 years. I was consuming around 1100 calories a day. the problem was I was packing all the calories into 2-3 meals :(

fruits are good but in moderation, some have high sugar - which converts to carbs.... Peanut butter is not BAD it is considered a Healthy fat (go natural if you can) LOSE the soda

and thanks! That was the beginning with the trainer - I was bigger before
I'm gonna regret this but topped out at 240 and got down to 155 I was HAPPY with that weight... that is my perfect weight anything less and I look sick and unhealthy... I've got 15 to lose to reach that goal again
Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #580
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
I eat 900- 1400 calories a day and drink roughly 10 12oz glasses of water per day. The only exercise I do is treadmill 3 times a week 20-30 min. Can't run since I had a torn meniscus repaired back in Dec and it still won't allow me to run so I walk 4mph 8% incline. I will do light lifting on a bowflex machine 2-3 times per week approx. 20 minutes.
Kalimus is dead on, right off you should be eating more calories. Some say it doesn't matter on what you eat but it does, especially when restricting calories, you need the most out of what you eat so stay mainly with good protein sources, good quality low glycemic starchy carbs, healthy fats and fibrous vegetables. Hydration is very important, drink plenty of water and you can add foods like melons, grapefruit, that are fairly low glycemic and have high water content

Although free weights are far better you can make good gains with a bowflex. Use a well rounded program and challenge yourself.

I personally started weight training on a Bowflex while rehabilitating injuries and had significant gains.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #581
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I've brought this up before but since people are on the subject I'll mention it again.

As everyone has been saying it's not the scale numbers per se but they do matter. I have found the best way to track progress is with a tape measure, your scale and a way to measure body fat. From my own experience I found the best method to be an Accumeasure Body Fat Caliper. Obviously, not the most accurate but it is surprisingly close and VERY CONSISTANT.

People make comments like I gained a few pounds but it's muscle weight, or I gained water weight or lost water weight etc. The fact of the matter is that fat loss and/or muscle growth isn't linear. I bring this up because it's not specifically the daily/weekly numbers, it's the direction they are going as a whole.

Putting aside the initial water weight gains/losses and fat loss and possibly some muscle growth the process is somewhat slow but should be consistant.

If you weigh yourself weekly, take measurements, especially waist size, and check body fat with a caliper like the one I mentioned/pictured you should see a loss in weight, measurements and body fat, it can vary or even go up or down in a week but over a few weeks the trend should be moving in the right direction. For those that see a weight gain and attribute it to muscle gains, it's probably not, here is why. Although a pound of muscle is small in comparison to a pound of fat, other than some initial muscle gains you will not be adding large amounts of muscle because you are in a caloric deficit. So, in most cases, if after 2-3 weeks, even though you are stronger and you can see a visible change in your muscles the trend should still be going down. You will/should be loosing fat faster than gaining muscle. No one likes to hear it but it's the way it is during fat loss.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #582
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Use a well rounded program and challenge yourself.

Truth to this. There is almost zero difference in weight training to "bulk" or to "cut". Train like a damn monster. The whole "light lifting high reps" things is complete and utter nonsense. It doesn't help you cut any more than low rep heavy weight.

What IS beneficial is to intermix them. Spend a week with heavy weight low rep, the next week with moderate weight and rep, and the third week with light(er) weight and lots of reps. Rinse and repeat. Think of it kind of like long distance running and sprinting. You'll never see a sprinter ONLY practice the 100m dash, just like you'll never see a long distance runner ONLY practicing a moderate jog. Your muscles will benefit more from all forms, not just one form.

Also to add, I almost never do cardio when I start cutting. It does have it's place, but it is not the "go-to" for fat loss. I can get down to about 9-10% bodyfat without any cardio at all. That's not to say you shouldn't do it, (because it adds cardiovascular benefits that weight training generally doesn't) but IMO, weight training comes first, cardio comes second.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #583
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Its always those love handles that I fight
They're generally the last to go for a man. They'll come off. Stubbornly, but they'll come off

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:42 PM   #584
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Because I feel guilty I have to make a confession, I am probably going to skip my HIIT today. I have been sick since Tuesday and I just seem to be getting sicker. I did HIIT on Wednesday, but Thursday I felt really bad. And today I am worse off than yesterday. I am hoping that by Sunday I can be all better. I haven't been sick in about 3 years, so I am miserable. Just mostly a head cold, but it sucks.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #585
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Lots of deadlifts and box jumps today... I'll be lucky if I can move tomorrow lol!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #586
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
Because I feel guilty I have to make a confession, I am probably going to skip my HIIT today. I have been sick since Tuesday and I just seem to be getting sicker. I did HIIT on Wednesday, but Thursday I felt really bad. And today I am worse off than yesterday. I am hoping that by Sunday I can be all better. I haven't been sick in about 3 years, so I am miserable. Just mostly a head cold, but it sucks.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.
You only can control so much... drink a lot of fluids, feel better and get back on track!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Lots of deadlifts and box jumps today... I'll be lucky if I can move tomorrow lol!
I'm with you on that! Squatting hard and pushing my legs still shacking from this morning workout!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 PM   #587
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Max effort squat for us tonight.....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:12 PM   #588
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Max effort squat for us tonight.....
make me proud.