Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
Germann

Drives: 2010 V6 Black Camaro
Havent heard a good exhaust yet

I applaud those that are tackling the issue of the quiet motors, but to be honest, I havent heard one yet that IMO I would want to share with the world. I havent heard the borla or anything from flowmaster. Heck Im even curious what a cherry bomb would sound like. Please keep sharing sound clips. Eventually someone will hit on one that will give me shivers and off I will be to spend more money on her. I have about decided to skip adding a turbo and to go with nitrous.
Germann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Well...you have a V6 so the aftermarket hasn't really hit it hard yet...the V8s have a nice selection already and more than a few that I would love to have! Heck, even the muffler delete which I've done sounds great to me!

Let the aftermarket world get done with the V8, or at least catch up, and then you'll start to see more and more V6 systems and I'm sure you'll find more than a few that you like!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
Baldturbofreak
Turbo kit Jedi

Drives: 95 vette,07gxp,02wrx,slazer,
Send a message via AIM to Baldturbofreak
6's are so blatty it's hard to get the tone just right. I'm with ya.

The jug will make it a bunch louder on spray.

I think I'm going to make mine as quiet as possible. Noone needs to know that she's packing 600+ until she whistles at them...
Baldturbofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
If you couldn't tell by my signature, Stainless Works (SW) will be offering a V6 headers and exhaust. They have my Camaro using it as a template.
I think that they will have the best sounding exhaust for our V6 just by comparing their V6 Challengers to others on youtube.
They have dynoed my Camaro for a base line and it is in the same range as what others have posted. They will also do an after and video. To say I can't wait, well that would be an understatement!
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
KFH
1SS Victory Red Manual

Drives: 2010 1SS 6 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
If you couldn't tell by my signature, Stainless Works (SW) will be offering a V6 headers and exhaust. They have my Camaro using it as a template.
I think that they will have the best sounding exhaust for our V6 just by comparing their V6 Challengers to others on youtube.
They have dynoed my Camaro for a base line and it is in the same range as what others have posted. They will also do an after and video. To say I can't wait, well that would be an understatement!
Can't wait to see the results!

1st Camaro - 77 Type LT Rally Sport, 3 Speed Manual, Inline 6 2nd - 94 Z28, 6 Speed Manual LT1 V8
3rd - 2010 1LT, 6 Speed Manual LLT V6 4th - 2010 1SS, 6 Speed Manual LS3 V8, RX Catch Can, Holley iNTECH CAI, Flowmaster Force II Exhaust
KFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Germann

Drives: 2010 V6 Black Camaro
Its hard to be patient....LOL
Is anyone else experiencing "celebrity" status due to the camaro? Ive been followed home, followed into a grocery store, had gawkers stand at the side window when Im about to drive away. I love the looks, but c'mon! Am I really complaining?...Hell no.
Germann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
darkknight8425

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germann View Post
Is anyone else experiencing "celebrity" status due to the camaro? Ive been followed home, followed into a grocery store, had gawkers stand at the side window when Im about to drive away. I love the looks, but c'mon! Am I really complaining?...Hell no.
Hell yeah it gets annoyning after awhile. One guy was actually taking a picture of my car at a stoplight.
darkknight8425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germann View Post
Had the same thing when i bought my 2005 Mustang.... I had an early one and yeah the Gawking was amazing... Getting it again with the Camaro..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Hope you don't get that extra special burnout test drive they are so fond of..
Old 07-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
Quackaddict

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Hope you don't get that extra special burnout test drive they are so fond of..
I laughed when I read this All kidding aside I haven't found one I like either, think I will get the stainless works headers but on the mufflers I don't know.

I really want to try the Cherry Bomb Vortex or Flowmasters.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackaddict View Post
I laughed when I read this All kidding aside I haven't found one I like either, think I will get the stainless works headers but on the mufflers I don't know.

I really want to try the Cherry Bomb Vortex or Flowmasters.
I inquired about getting the SW chambered mufflers. Getting the V6 exhaust note down will be more difficult than a V8. The V8s just sound great.
SW builds their own mufflers and I compared what they offer on the Challenger to others on youtube. I think there was a V6 Mustang on youtube as well. They had the sound I was looking at getting. Hopefully there will be a video up with the Dyno in a couple of weeks for everyone. And it will be in 304 stainless.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote