Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
erke0034

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 M6
ZL1 tires needed

Hello everyone,

I have a question and a trade request.

When I was at the dealer for oil change, we've noticed that my rear left tire is almost bold (11k miles), right rear was ok but there is a nail in it. So I am replacing my rear tires. I will go with the GY again because of the price.

The problem with the left rear tire looks like an alignment problem. When I replace the tires, they will do the alignment. My question is If you guys have any suggestions that I should tell the dealer to look at (other than alignment).

ZL1 owners who is replacing their tires with Michelin PSS, I live in Katy, TX if there is anyone, who wants to sell their oem rear tires please let me know.
erke0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #2
Nickey31

Drives: 2012 Nickey ZL1 #001, 2014 Corvette
Wow. 11,000 miles is pretty good. I got 4800 miles when the tires cracked all up. Both the dealer and Good Year told me that even though I didn't drive the car in the winter, it was the winter cold that caused them to fail. So I guess I was supposed to take them off and store the tires in the living room. I like the tires performance, but my garage will always get cold in the winter and I can't afford new GY tires every spring because the wife ain't gonna allow me to put my feet up on the tires in the living room.
Nickey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey31 View Post
Wow. 11,000 miles is pretty good. I got 4800 miles when the tires cracked all up. Both the dealer and Good Year told me that even though I didn't drive the car in the winter, it was the winter cold that caused them to fail. So I guess I was supposed to take them off and store the tires in the living room. I like the tires performance, but my garage will always get cold in the winter and I can't afford new GY tires every spring because the wife ain't gonna allow me to put my feet up on the tires in the living room.
What if you just put the car off the ground with jackstands or whatever in the winter. That should allow the tires to hang with no stress during the winter.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickey31 View Post
You need to put a Reznor heater in your garage! No problems after that!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote