Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Hercules778

Drives: undecided
Was I scumbagged by my dealer?

My dealer called me two months ago to say my car will be produced and shipped 2nd to 3rd week of December.

My dealer called me up last month to confirm.

My dealer called me up yesterday and left voicemail that my car is arriving Friday Dec17 and I can pick it up on Monday.

My insurance agent called him up today and he told her "nonono I made a mistake his car wont come until at least January"

Im ready to curse this guy out over the phone or in person. How can I track my car online and what info do I need? Im afraid if I do this I wont get my car till 2011. I gave a 1k deposit.

How much of an idiot can you be to call someone up and say "come pick it up in 4-5 days itll be here" and then tell ur agent "OOPS were looking till January the earliest I made a mistake (three times)..? Something smells fishy.
Hercules778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules778 View Post
My dealer called me two months ago to say my car will be produced and shipped 2nd to 3rd week of December.

My dealer called me up last month to confirm.

My dealer called me up yesterday and left voicemail that my car is arriving Friday Dec17 and I can pick it up on Monday.

My insurance agent called him up today and he told her "nonono I made a mistake his car wont come until at least January"

Im ready to curse this guy out over the phone or in person. How can I track my car online and what info do I need? Im afraid if I do this I wont get my car till 2011. I gave a 1k deposit.

How much of an idiot can you be to call someone up and say "come pick it up in 4-5 days itll be here" and then tell ur agent "OOPS were looking till January the earliest I made a mistake (three times)..? Something smells fishy.
Go to CamaroTracking.com and enter your Order #. that's it, up the the day tracking information on your order. Plus email updates automatically when there is a change.

-Tekk
Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #3
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Just curious, what dealer? Where in NY?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
well if he gives you 1 more bit of bad news or changes to your production but doesnt offer the entire info on your order, tell them you want your money back and will look elsewhere. if your in NY it seems Paddock up in buffalo is popular

VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
MONTANACARGUY

Drives: CHEV TAHOE CHEV IMPALA 69' COUGAR
Dealer might have been trying to get you to the store so he could convince you to do the paperwork and count the sale for the month of december!?
MONTANACARGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
It sounds like your dealer sold your car out from under you, probably for a lot more than than the two of you had agreed to- I left N.Y. (long Island) 30 years ago and never looked back.
If you did get snookered I would report the dealer to the Better Business Bureau and also let everyone here have the dealers name.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
dragrcr
2SS 6M

Drives: 2010 2SS 6M
At some point you should have had a vin number issued. If you got that from him then he could not screw around without getting caught.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANACARGUY View Post
Dealer might have been trying to get you to the store so he could convince you to do the paperwork and count the sale for the month of december!?
Dealers can't count the sale to vehicle is on their lot.
Betting the sold it from under him.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #9
RozzyBoy117

Drives: White 2SS/RS Silver Stripes
dude the same thing happened to me i put a 1000 down and everything, but like a month before i actually got mine i went in and wanted to test drive one cause i never even drove one and wanted to get a feel for the car, he tells me yours will be in on thursday (it was sunday) so just wait. so i waited til friday, no car. i go in he says next wed, or friday. next friday comes around, he tells me next monday and i didnt get my car till that fallowing tuesday.

just be patient it will be there soon.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
sounds like he sold it from under you and is now scrambling trying to cover it up like a cat trying to cover a turd on a marble floor.

I'd get your 1K back and take it to another dealer, only after telling the manager and the Better Business dept. the entire story
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
Hercules778

Thanks for the reply guys. Dont wanna name the dealership; I called him up and he said my car is stuck in NewJersey with alot of other cars and it would take a few days for the trucks to travel to LI area, he also said definately NOT in January its already here(well, closeby). Thanks for the camaro tracking link as well thats what I was looking for . Ill give the benefit of the doubt since 10 more days isnt gonna hurt. Ill call their dealership out if anything really does happen though.

Got a little panic attack since Im carless right now and out of work (because im moving but I cant move with no car yet). Been stuck home for 5 days and my eyes hurt from sitting watching tv and being on the computer looking at camaro youtube videos and mod dreaming..
Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #12
mjdodd1107
lifelong Camaro coveter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
That's actually typical, especially if it's in Newark. Mine sat there for a week before leaving on a truck to the dealership.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
Hercules778

Yeah, I would have appreciated if he told me that first instead of my agent that would have helped know what I mean ..that was a big "WTF?" moment I had sorry.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #14
bmac

Drives: Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
.... trying to cover it up like a cat trying to cover a turd on a marble floor.
Never heard that one before. Mind if I use it?
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote