Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #29
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
Scotty, a few questions on this since you seem to be about the best wealth of knowledge for information from a dealer:

Question about allocations: Do allocations come down by engine type? I hear about numbers but if everyone preorders a V8 they cant possibly make those all at once... If im looking for a V6 will that help in the waiting list saga if the majority on the list want a V8?

I am currently overseas and will return in January 2009 just in time for the model release and spend my time between Colorado an Washington. You said yall ship at no cost? how much additional time would it take to get to either of those places.

Thanks for your time.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 07-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #30
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySteele06 View Post
Scotty, a few questions on this since you seem to be about the best wealth of knowledge for information from a dealer:

Question about allocations: Do allocations come down by engine type? I hear about numbers but if everyone preorders a V8 they cant possibly make those all at once... If im looking for a V6 will that help in the waiting list saga if the majority on the list want a V8?

I am currently overseas and will return in January 2009 just in time for the model release and spend my time between Colorado an Washington. You said yall ship at no cost? how much additional time would it take to get to either of those places.

Thanks for your time.
As far as we know there is no limitations between the base and the SS. We'll know more next Tuesday. Right now I see a balance between both models. Shipping in not free...But if we drop ship to your local dealer, we pay them the customary $200 PDI fee that most dealers do. Being a Camaro, they can ask for more. We'll work with you to find a dealer who won't beat you up on the PDI,but if there's additional cost, that's an added expense to the price of the car. As far as additional time - We order it, specifing a particular dealer for delivery. It wouldn't be much different than sending it to us. It will go directly there from the factory.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #31
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
hey scotty once high demand has drizzled off do you think you'll be offering the camaros for GM supplier pricing for military?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #32
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
So in talking with a few local dealers.. a couple of them are saying that the factory is not taking orders. They will get an allotment of cars that they dont know what the optioning combination will be. They then have a waiting list to choose from this allocation. Being new to this .... is this just how their dealership is doing buisiness (ie blowing smoke up their customers) or is this how the ordering will be for the first shipments with preorders coming later?

Also what is a normal first shipment of cars to a dealer ( i know it depends on the size of the dealer.... but on average....) 5? 15? 50?.....

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #33
JasonPort2009
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro owner!
camaro scotty my name is Jason I live in california in the san fran bay area! if i ordered from you can you drop ship at local dealer! I want to order a camaro but want to see other the other options and sales brochere the offical one : ) thanks jason aol IM jay442man
Old 07-23-2008, 05:04 AM   #34
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySteele06 View Post
So in talking with a few local dealers.. a couple of them are saying that the factory is not taking orders. They will get an allotment of cars that they dont know what the optioning combination will be. They then have a waiting list to choose from this allocation. Being new to this .... is this just how their dealership is doing buisiness (ie blowing smoke up their customers) or is this how the ordering will be for the first shipments with preorders coming later?

Also what is a normal first shipment of cars to a dealer ( i know it depends on the size of the dealer.... but on average....) 5? 15? 50?.....
Orders will not be submitted until January. Ordering details, options, pricing should be available in December, thats when we can "build & price" cars. Orders can be for customers, or if a dealer has no customer orders - they can be "for the lot".

As far as quantity - no one knows.....Lets just say somewhere in that range
Old 07-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #35
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPort2009 View Post
camaro scotty my name is Jason I live in california in the san fran bay area! if i ordered from you can you drop ship at local dealer! I want to order a camaro but want to see other the other options and sales brochere the offical one : ) thanks jason aol IM jay442man
Hi Jason! Yes, that could be done.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #36
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
That's still how I understand it....The Malibu started the same way -

And when open allocation starts, I expect every dealer to become even more price competitive, including us! Even those Camaro forum jumpers who in the next few weeks that will decide they better start talking to the people looking for theses cars...They'll all of a sudden want to be Camaro salesmen. BUT, if they had the passion & the love for the car and it's history, wouldn't they have been here already?
does that mean in next December, or after open allocation in general, you wont be selling at MSRP anymore????????

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #37
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
We'll also PASS on the dealer decal on the back. It doesn't go on VETTES, it AIN'T going on the CAMARO!
Oh, thank god! I wouldn't even want one of these on an aveo, and I certainly don't want it on my camaro! Just one more point to the list of things making me think about buying long distance.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Old 07-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #38
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Oh, thank god! I wouldn't even want one of these on an aveo, and I certainly don't want it on my camaro! Just one more point to the list of things making me think about buying long distance.
- Xanthos
Scotty are you for real? I just can't believe sales guys like you exist!
No dealer decal on the Camaro and you would be able to dealer to a local dealer (saving me the drive up North).

You rock Scotty, I hope we can make you salesguy of the year in 2009!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #39
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
hey scotty once high demand has drizzled off do you think you'll be offering the camaros for GM supplier pricing for military?
You bet!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #40
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Scotty are you for real? I just can't believe sales guys like you exist!
No dealer decal on the Camaro and you would be able to dealer to a local dealer (saving me the drive up North).

You rock Scotty, I hope we can make you salesguy of the year in 2009!
I wonder if that's worthy of SS #1 off the line ?????

Thanks for all the support! FEELIN THAT CAMARO LOVE!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #41
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Scotty;

I'm definitely considering getting my Camaro from you sometime next summer. Drive home to CA sounds just perfect for breaking him in and I'd get to see my family while I was at it!

Do you know if GM discounts will apply to first or second round or will that have to wait til demand drops off a little?

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #42
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
Scotty;

I'm definitely considering getting my Camaro from you sometime next summer. Drive home to CA sounds just perfect for breaking him in and I'd get to see my family while I was at it!

Do you know if GM discounts will apply to first or second round or will that have to wait til demand drops off a little?
We won't know until December.....PM me your email addy and I'll add you to my email list so you'll get details when I do!

Closed Thread