Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
Maggie installer near north Alabama

I am going the turbo route (probably), but have a friend with a similar car that wants a Maggie. The closest we have found is MTI out of Marietta, GA, who does exceptional work, but their pricing reflects theire pride in their work. A maggie install from them is similar to Lingenfelter in cost (you can look it up), and we have found some places online that are doing it for much less, some of which include a thermostat and other goodies. Anyone know a reputable installer near north Alabama that is a little more wallet friendly? He doesn't mind driving a decent distance, but not half a day...maybe some before/after-Christmas prices will kick in eventually???
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
sweaver

Drives: 10' CAMARO SS2 LIVERNOIS BUILT
Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
I am going the turbo route (probably), but have a friend with a similar car that wants a Maggie. The closest we have found is MTI out of Marietta, GA, who does exceptional work, but their pricing reflects theire pride in their work. A maggie install from them is similar to Lingenfelter in cost (you can look it up), and we have found some places online that are doing it for much less, some of which include a thermostat and other goodies. Anyone know a reputable installer near north Alabama that is a little more wallet friendly? He doesn't mind driving a decent distance, but not half a day...maybe some before/after-Christmas prices will kick in eventually???
Check out Livernois motorsports, They have a pickup and delivery service,
also they have specials running right now in the vendor section,
Their one of the best out there!
sweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Shooter1

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
LMP

I second that notion. Livernois has my car again for more mods adding to their Maggie package and is outstanding. The pick up/Delivery is very reasonable. Prompt, honest and friendly.
Shooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
1meanss

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter1 View Post
I second that notion. Livernois has my car again for more mods adding to their Maggie package and is outstanding. The pick up/Delivery is very reasonable. Prompt, honest and friendly.
You couldn't leave it alone could you?
Now I'm gonna have to send my car in again so it can ride back with yours!
1meanss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Shooter1

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Livernois maggie package and added upgrades

Yep, you got me! It's pretty addicting. They are going to run it in the 1/4 as well and post the vids for you all to see. I went with a cam, smaller pulley, fuel upgrade to increase boost, HD axles, toe bars and trailing arms.

It did however cost me a vactaion taking my in laws along so I did have to "negotiate"......

You will have to let me know if you ever come toward the southern part of the state.
Shooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #6
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
Get your total cost together with all the other companies call Reese at MTI and tell him the quotes and say meet it or beat it. One important note to make is if there is a problem whom are you going to go too. Michagan is a long way to go. I recommend MTI and sure they will meet pricing with a little straight talk.
lawdogg149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
I do want to add that we are running some specials that include the first 500 miles of transport with them, so all you have to pay is the cost past 500 miles. These packages can be seen here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=livernois

Lawdogg149, you do bring up probably our most popular question, how are things like this handled:

Well there are numerous ways we can help, the first is we recommend our Xtreme Cal interface for all of our customer that are any distance from us, this allows us to be able to send you customized tunes in case there are ever upgrades added to the car, or if you would like us to tweak the tune to your liking. Say you have an A6 car, and the shifts are too firm and spin the tires at the drag strip when it shifts, we can custom tailor this to you and you install the tune without even leaving your home!

Second, we have a one year workmanship warranty on all of our installs, and will work with the customer if anything were to ever come up, we also transport cars all across the country so we are often in one area or another to be able to get the car if that were the needed solution.

Thirdly, we have dealers for our products in many major (and some not so major) cities that we can work with as well, so rest assured, we will do whatever we can to make certain that you are pleased with the work performed.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
I do want to add that we are running some specials that include the first 500 miles of transport with them, so all you have to pay is the cost past 500 miles. These packages can be seen here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=livernois

Lawdogg149, you do bring up probably our most popular question, how are things like this handled:

Well there are numerous ways we can help, the first is we recommend our Xtreme Cal interface for all of our customer that are any distance from us, this allows us to be able to send you customized tunes in case there are ever upgrades added to the car, or if you would like us to tweak the tune to your liking. Say you have an A6 car, and the shifts are too firm and spin the tires at the drag strip when it shifts, we can custom tailor this to you and you install the tune without even leaving your home!

Second, we have a one year workmanship warranty on all of our installs, and will work with the customer if anything were to ever come up, we also transport cars all across the country so we are often in one area or another to be able to get the car if that were the needed solution.

Thirdly, we have dealers for our products in many major (and some not so major) cities that we can work with as well, so rest assured, we will do whatever we can to make certain that you are pleased with the work performed.
What is the Xtreme Cal interface actually and is it included in your basic TVS2300 installation package? If not what is the additional cost for this? I am in DC and would probably need/want to get this whenever you do my build....and you guys will do my build in the near future.

Thanks
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...t.phtml?p=1946

The added cost for this is $300, as you can see it is normally $600.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote