Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Which type of stripes will you be getting on your Camaro?
Rally Stripes 75 58.59%
Hood/Hockey Stripes 21 16.41%
No stripes 32 25.00%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Painted rally strips, Just say no to stickers unless theirs sponsors.

Last edited by GrnMchin; 12-19-2008 at 03:02 PM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #16
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
none for me. i was going to do red if offered on my black, but im just keeping it stealth.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #17
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking, why do a lot of people not want them from the factory or dealer?

Ant,

As for the Rally stripes this may help explain:

Background info here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8923

Follow on Poll and more info: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9238

70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #18
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking, why do a lot of people not want them from the factory or dealer?
Mostly for 3 reasons.

A) Quality of workmanship from the person putting them on.
B) Durability of the material used
C) The stripes not extending past the hood.

While "C" is actually just a minor annoyance to the vast majority of people, "A" and "B" are the biggest reasons.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #19
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Mostly for 3 reasons.

A) Quality of workmanship from the person putting them on.
B) Durability of the material used
C) The stripes not extending past the hood.

While "C" is actually just a minor annoyance to the vast majority of people, "A" and "B" are the biggest reasons.
I must disagree, Draco. There is no basis for your ranking of A, B and C except your opinion. No polls have been taken here concerning workmanship or stripe durability.
In the poll that was taken concerning stripes extending past the hood http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9238, 130 out of 166 to date have said they wanted longer stripes. That's 78% of the people who voted that were actually getting stripes. Yet you call it a minor annoyance to "the vast majority of people." I believe you have that backwards, since those in the poll satisfied with the stripes ending on the hood was only 22%. Stripe length, C, is the only substantiated reason for not wanting factory or dealer installed stripes.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #20
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
gotcha!
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #21
70 COPO
Banned

IMO... GM has no quality or worksmanship problem putting the stripes on. If there were then they would not be offered at all.

The issue seems to have started with the perception of potential increased and unacceptable production delays on the front of the car and a follow on decision making process that was and is incomplete. At the rear of the car the problem is the stripe termination points on both of the rear accessory air dams currently planned for production as accessories.

It is what it is- for now
Old 12-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #22
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
No stripes...Im getting my car in black, IMO stripes
dont look to hot on this color.

Again.... this is just my opinion.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #23
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
No stripes...Im getting my car in black, IMO stripes
dont look to hot on this color.

Again.... this is just my opinion.
I kinda agree with you. The black looks fine as is.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #24
Rodrunner

I'm getting black and you guys are right, it will look great without stripes. But I like the sporty, retro look of the stripes, yet I don't want them to stand out too much and grab all one's attention, so I've chosen the cyber gray. Check out this Challenger with that color scheme: http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challenger_Silver_Hood.jpg And I believe the cyber gray is darker than those stripes on the Chally and so will stand out even less.

This shot reverses the colors, but gives you an idea of what the Camaro factory stripes ending at the front of the hood will look like: http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challeng...d_Install2.jpg and this http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challeng...erno_Hood1.jpg

I have to admit, the stripes ending on the hood is starting to grow on me. Plus, there's my desire to in no way resemble the fairly large number of Mustangs I see with the stripes on the fascia and even some down to the air dam, even though longer was the original Camaro stripe length.
It's whatever you like.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #25
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
I'm getting black and you guys are right, it will look great without stripes. But I like the sporty, retro look of the stripes, yet I don't want them to stand out too much and grab all one's attention, so I've chosen the cyber gray. Check out this Challenger with that color scheme: http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challenger_Silver_Hood.jpg And I believe the cyber gray is darker than those stripes on the Chally and so will stand out even less.

This shot reverses the colors, but gives you an idea of what the Camaro factory stripes ending at the front of the hood will look like: http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challeng...d_Install2.jpg and this http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challeng...erno_Hood1.jpg

I have to admit, the stripes ending on the hood is starting to grow on me. Plus, there's my desire to in no way resemble the fairly large number of Mustangs I see with the stripes on the fascia and even some down to the air dam, even though longer was the original Camaro stripe length.
It's whatever you like.
not bad atoll
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #26
70 COPO
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post

It's whatever you like.

Rodrunner

You have it made since the cosmetic flaws that are so visible with the lighter colors are hidden to a degree with the darker colors. Black is the best. I am glad you are going to be happy. GM however is not getting my money without a solid fix. IOM and short white rally's make me want to puke. The front of the car is a disaster.

Other complications that have emerged are HUD then no HUD and ABL and no ABL. See the main forum area for this emerging set of problems.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #27
Rodrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Rodrunner

You have it made since the cosmetic flaws that are so visible with the lighter colors are hidden to a degree with the darker colors. Black is the best. I am glad you are going to be happy. GM however is not getting my money without a solid fix. IOM and short white rally's make me want to puke. The front of the car is a disaster.

Other complications that have emerged are HUD then no HUD and ABL and no ABL. See the main forum area for this emerging set of problems.
I am SO glad you pointed that out, COPO. I never stopped to think about the mailslot being a lot less visible on a black car and thus not clashing so much with the stripes. Thanks!
Still though, I'd prefer them onto the fascia, not wrapped around the front edge, just near it.

Yeah, I've checked out the ABL debacle. It's been on the CTS for two years; they'll git 'er dun.

But somewhere along the line I missed seeing that the HUD was a prospective feature. If I had known I guess I'd be really pissed, but since I haven't been looking forward to it....eh. Like you say though, it's another brick in the wall!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #28
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
No stripes for me, just the rear tail blacked out like the LS7 Camaro.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote