Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Ironfall96

Drives: IBM 2 SS/RS
Adam's Detail Spray Leaving Spots

So after washing my car I went to dry it with a waffle MF towel (not adams) and sprayed some DS to make it shine really nice. The car looked amazing after, but the DS seemed to leave these small spots all over the car. I did not put any pressure on the waffle towel, I just dragged it across the car to minimize swirls. Was I not using enough "elbow grease" to get all the DS wiped off the car? I had to run over the car again with some waterless wash to get the spots off.

I'm not trying to bash Adam's, the products I've used have been amazing! I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
Ironfall96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Detail Spray has a gloss enhancing agent in it... so if you don't wipe completely it will leave the finish a tad uneven. Simply go back around the car with DS and a plush microfiber polishing towel. Mist the surface lightly with detail spray, wipe with the towel, then flip it to a fresh side and gently buff the surface.

I'm not clear on how you were using it exactly - were you using it as a drying agent with the car still wet or did you use it after you had dried the car?
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Ironfall96

I was using it while the car was still wet. I'll try that next time around. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Cool... keep me posted. Also, I might recommend Waterless Wash as your drying agent... its become my new choice for that use. Its a little 'safer' and plus its cheaper. If you're gonna burn thru a spray product might as well go thru the less expensive one ya know!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
TheKid_28

Drives: Black 2SS w/ White rally stripes
Does the car still have to be recently polished to use the waterless wash as a drying agent? I know thats what the bottle says when using it regularly
TheKid_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
Ironfall96

The car hasn't been polished yet, so If thats the case that may be why.