Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
"It's Official"

We're in a recession, in case you haven't guessed. Article is by MSNBC.

Discuss the obvious.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I call BS, LOL! Where's my stimulus?!!! LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Well I'm glad they finally told us...whew...I was beginning to think I was crazy!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Big suprise... I guess all we do now is wait...
Old 12-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
diddiyo

Drives: .
oh so that's why spending on black friday was up 7% or so compared to last year.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
wait...we are in a recession??? when did this happen and where was I...cause I really miss recess from elementary school and can't believe that I missed the United States going into recess!!! I'm so pissed...
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
oh so that's why spending on black friday was up 7% or so compared to last year.
ever think about the amount more of people spending this year compared to last year? or the amount of pay going up slightly affecting that?

not posting against you, just pointing out that 7% spending increase is a stupid comparison by news companies.

while technically true, it doesnt give any reason as to why there was an increase.

same thing as during the pres campaigns where they would say "so and so didnt vote on this bill to help soldiers, or whatever" when it turns out the bill was voted on decades before either candidate was born....

its all stupid news to blindly keep the masses in a state of calm.

as for the OP about how we are "officially" in a recession and how its obvious...

kinda makes you wonder.... if it took this long for those in charge to say that we are officially in a recession, how well do you think they really care about it all. the middle man and the lower man have been feeling the recession for months if not years now, but its only when the big wigs start to take a hit on their paycheck that we are "officially" in a recession.

bunch of BS politician crap if you ask me.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
not posting against you, just pointing out that 7% spending increase is a stupid comparison by news companies.
that may be true, but it still shows that people aren't tightening up which is usually the case during a recession afaik.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
ever think about the amount more of people spending this year compared to last year? or the amount of pay going up slightly affecting that?

while technically true, it doesnt give any reason as to why there was an increase.

same thing as during the pres campaigns where they would say "so and so didnt vote on this bill to help soldiers, or whatever" when it turns out the bill was voted on decades before either candidate was born....

as for the OP about how we are "officially" in a recession and how its obvious...

kinda makes you wonder.... if it took this long for those in charge to say that we are officially in a recession, how well do you think they really care about it all. the middle man and the lower man have been feeling the recession for months if not years now, but its only when the big wigs start to take a hit on their paycheck that we are "officially" in a recession.

^I would have to technically agree with what you just said.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
that may be true, but it still shows that people aren't tightening up which is usually the case during a recession afaik.
thats because (whether you like it or not) america is getting stupider every day.

we live in this "I gotta have a huge car, a huge TV, and damn the rest of you who want the same"

our lives have moved from "the pursuit of happiness" to "its my fundamental right to be happy"
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #11
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Hey all news media.... keep feeding us DOOM and GLOOM.
If the news would just SHUT THE "F" UP, I think thing would get a lot better faster. Sorry I had to say it.
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcannan354 View Post
Hey all news media.... keep feeding us DOOM and GLOOM.
If the news would just SHUT THE "F" UP, I think thing would get a lot better faster. Sorry I had to say it.
no, it wouldnt help anything get better, cus the majority of people believe that only the bad things are shown on the news and that if nothing bad is shown, then everything is ok.

people need to wise up and start paying attention to their finances and stop buying every damn thing they get their hands on that they can get approved for.

just because you "can" get approved, doesnt mean you should. thats why the damn banks got into the situation they are in. the approved everyone. then when those who shouldnt have been approved in the first place didnt pay, (by the millions mind you), then the banks lost money.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:

I don't want this to rub off on the wrong blame-worthy crowd. The politicians have been in committee over this for a while. MSNBC simply spun it to make them look like they were behind the times. The federal government doesn't form a committee usually unless there is already strong evidence supporting the function of the committee. The committee was actually intended to study why the recession started and investigate the economy as a whole. In creating this committee, the federal government functionally admitted there was a recession months ago.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't want this to rub off on the wrong blame-worthy crowd. The politicians have been in committee over this for a while. MSNBC simply spun it to make them look like they were behind the times. The federal government doesn't form a committee usually unless there is already strong evidence supporting the function of the committee. The committee was actually intended to study why the recession started and investigate the economy as a whole. In creating this committee, the federal government functionally admitted there was a recession months ago.
I agree with you completely. but notice how late things really are? even creating it months ago (back when gas was $5+) is still when it was actually affecting the big wigs.

lower income folks noticed a big hit before gas hit $4.00, but not a whole lot was done. because those in power werent feeling the effects of it....yet.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: