Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #99
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
i'm not worried about this. GM will get it right for everyone with the 2LT and 2SS. i do hope they can make it a part we can order through GMPP so i can get it in my 1SS
Old 12-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #100
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I just looked back at the March 2006 issue of Motor Trend and the concept Camaro featured had the radio station channel and volume level lit up inside the ABL above the radio. Damn cool and I wish it was gonna be this way, but I've not seen it mentioned ever again.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:22 AM   #101
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
If GM wants to lose credibility they will launch the car without the feature people paid for.
Yeppers.

Here's how I see it....don't delay the launch.

Just do it this way...

See all those orders for the LS, 1LT, and 1SS?...withOUT the ABL? Build those puppies first. There's nothing wrong with that. GM wants to try and dish out a bunch of cars but has an overwhelming amount of orders? Hell...this is the perfect way to get cash rolling in while still fulfilling their obligation to the customer...bringing out the new Camaro. I know GM said they would build only so many SS's at start. But, why not "tweak" that to only building those w/out ABL....makes sense to me.

Win/win for GM and those who ordered it without. Then, just a percentage would have to wait.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:58 AM   #102
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Tag,

I agree with that approach for ABL. Could be the same for the stripe disaster. Hope so.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #103
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
I would prefer they do that then launch the car without features they promised.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #104
manchimp

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss
ABL is a cool add on feature, but it's certainly not why I was buying the Camaro. I can see it being something you use for the first few weeks then never again. Who wants to drive around with a glowing car all of the time? I can see using it when you are getting in the car at night instead of the overhead light, but really, why would you need this while driving down the freeway? I'm not trying to start something, but I just don't get it.
manchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #105
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yeppers.

Just do it this way...

See all those orders for the LS, 1LT, and 1SS?...withOUT the ABL? Build those puppies first. There's nothing wrong with that. GM wants to try and dish out a bunch of cars but has an overwhelming amount of orders? Hell...this is the perfect way to get cash rolling in while still fulfilling their obligation to the customer...bringing out the new Camaro. I know GM said they would build only so many SS's at start. But, why not "tweak" that to only building those w/out ABL....makes sense to me.

Win/win for GM and those who ordered it without. Then, just a percentage would have to wait.

I think that's an awesome thought TAG! Can you say CONSTRAINT on 2LT and 2SS??

...and a constraint I'd be happy to wait through might I add!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #106
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Yeppers.

Just do it this way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
I think that's an awesome thought TAG! Can you say CONSTRAINT on 2LT and 2SS??

...and a constraint I'd be happy to wait through might I add!
I agree. Nice creative thinking Tag! Too bad more people don't operate that way instead of complaining about the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Tag,

I agree with that approach for ABL. Could be the same for the stripe disaster. Hope so.
Geez Copo. You are truly a broken record. Being a Mod on another site, you would think you would be able to word things a little more thoughtfully.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #107
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
At dissapointed as I would be to have to wait a while...this would be a good solution for the situation.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #108
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
Tag, I agree with that approach for ABL. Could be the same for the stripe disaster. Hope so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Geez Copo. You are truly a broken record. Being a Mod on another site, you would think you would be able to word things a little more thoughtfully.
I see no reason to treat GM with kid gloves regarding any issue we have with the car. Disaster is simply a strongly opinionated word, not disrespectful.

I for one would like to know exactly when GM realized they couldn't reasonably produce the rally stripes as they had been showing them, how long it may have been prior to our pre-orders and why they withheld that from us, if indeed they did. But surely they must have come to that realization early on. Did the initial installers tell management it was a piece of cake? No! They said, "Do you know what a f***ing pain in the ass that was to do? How do you expect the people at dealerships to do it?" It did not involve a technology hurdle, simply a "can we do it large scale or not" decision. But we weren't privy to that info. until much later.

At least with ABL, it appears they believe they stand a chance of overcoming the hurdles and producing the product for us as shown.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #109
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Don't delay the launch. Build all the orders for the LS, 1LT, and 1SS (without the ABL) first.
Then just a percentage would have to wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
There would be a constraint on 2LT and 2SS production until ABL was available.
A constraint I'd be happy to wait through might I add!
When there was a constraint on 2005 Mustangs with the IUP option (interior upgrade package) due to a shortage of the MyColor gauge package, Ford notified the dealers and had them check with the individual customers. Each customer had to decide if he wanted to omit the MyColor from his order so his Mustang could be released for production or if he wanted his order kept on hold (for months) until the MyColor was available. There was NO retrofitting done on any cars whose buyers chose to get their Mustangs sooner by omitting the MyColor gauges.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #110
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
When there was a constraint on 2005 Mustangs with the IUP option (interior upgrade package) due to a shortage of the MyColor gauge package, Ford notified the dealers and had them check with the individual customers. Each customer had to decide if he wanted to omit the MyColor from his order so his Mustang could be released for production or if he wanted his order kept on hold (for months) until the MyColor was available. There was NO retrofitting done on any cars whose buyers chose to get their Mustangs sooner by omitting the MyColor gauges.
Did they get a bit of a price cut if they omitted it? I would DEFINITELY go for this if something like this happened with the ABL.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:25 AM   #111
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
See? Now we are getting somewhere!

But give me my ABL!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #112
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Post 106 above is Getting personal again. My opinion about the product is consistant with board rules, but being called names is clearly against board rules and this is not the first time.

Moderators please fix.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote