Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #29
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsears View Post
I was highly considering 700rwhp for now. I want to take it to the Spectre Mountain Challenge next year and I think over 800rhp will be a little overkill on the twisties. Thoughts all?
Trust Me 600 RWHP will be a Handfull in the Twisties.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #30
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
I was highly considering 700rwhp for now. I want to take it to the Spectre Mountain Challenge next year and I think over 800rhp will be a little overkill on the twisties. Thoughts all?
800 is not overkill if you can plant the power down. LG had more then that last year - as did Stillen - but then again Stillen had a GTR with AWD
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #31
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Twisties is relevant.... some sections of interstate highways seem like twisties with enough right foot...

As Ted said, 600 RWHP on a "tight" twistie course will be all if not more than most anyone will be able to handle... I don't even consider road courses...

Me.... coming out of a tight turn onto a straight-away... gas, gas, boost.... more boost.... back end coming around and tires spinning she swaps ends over and over and over and over into the next area code... provided there are no obstructions between where I am and where I'm going...

My idea of a twistie road is a six mile stretch with four turns... easy sweeping turns...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #32
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Trust Me 600 RWHP will be a Handfull in the Twisties.

Ted.
Not with the suspension dialed in - plus 600 won't compete in the race he wants to run. Unless he is just going for fun then hell ya.

Last edited by Granatelli; 09-22-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #33
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
It's hard enough just not saying screw it and putting the snails on right now!!
Doing it right the first time takes patience. Doing it the quick way could add and extra $1450 to $2000 onto the cost of the 416 build..... and for what? Big power needs to be done right... The engine isnt the only consideration.. fuel, intercooler... meth kit for safety.... tuning and gages for monitoring.. all this needs to be planned out correctly.
Doing it right takes a bit of money and patience.. but can be done... Just take your time, no need to rush anything ... done right and done quick are rarely spoken together
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #34
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Twisties is relevant.... some sections of interstate highways seem like twisties with enough right foot......
That is 101% true – enough HP makes any straight line seem like a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
As Ted said, 600 RWHP on a "tight" twistie course will be all if not more than most anyone will be able to handle... I don't even consider road courses...

Me.... coming out of a tight turn onto a straight-away... gas, gas, boost.... more boost.... back end coming around and tires spinning she swaps ends over and over and over and over into the next area code... provided there are no obstructions between where I am and where I'm going...

My idea of a twistie road is a six mile stretch with four turns... easy sweeping turns...
I understand your point. But he said he wanted to race in the Spectre Challenge and that is a very series outing. It will only get worse this year because now everyone has a year under their belt and they’ll be coming back on KILL MODE

Again if you go for FUN – more power to ya. If you go to win, don’t bring a knife to a gun fight
Old 09-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #35
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
That is 101% true – enough HP makes any straight line seem like a turn

I understand your point. But he said he wanted to race in the Spectre Challenge and that is a very series outing. It will only get worse this year because now everyone has a year under their belt and they’ll be coming back on KILL MODE

Again if you go for FUN – more power to ya. If you go to win, don’t bring a knife to a gun fight

A little of both. Since it will be my first time, I don't want go all out. It looks like a blast and something I could see myself going to again. Maybe the first year taking it easy, second year bringing the guns. But what I don't want is to bring a 900RWHP, 416ci, twin turbo'd monster on a first road course. I don't think that would work to well with my lead foot.

I was thinking instead of putting the 416ci in, holding off on that part, put the twins on, get some good suspension, make the trip and then if I need more power add the 416ci later. I'd rather have a well balanced 650~ish hp car than a rubber burning, no hook 900hp monster...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #36
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
Here's the specs on the mountain:

The paved course is 5.2 miles long with 22+ turns, a 1,216-foot rise in elevation, steep drop offs and no guardrails! Vehicles must be street-legal and registered. Tires must be DOT legal.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #37
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Sounds a little like a Spectre version of a Pike's Peak hill climb. Cool.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #38
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sounds a little like a Spectre version of a Pike's Peak hill climb. Cool.
It a cross between Pikes Peak and a short canon ball run thing - it's just a fun time but like everything else it get out of hand real fast

There realy is not that much exposure for a sponsor but the you tube stuff can always be promoted

As a consumer if you can get yourself invited it a fun time. most of the people the are involved are manufactures
Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #39
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
It a cross between Pikes Peak and a short canon ball run thing - it's just a fun time but like everything else it get out of hand real fast

There realy is not that much exposure for a sponsor but the you tube stuff can always be promoted

As a consumer if you can get yourself invited it a fun time. most of the people the are involved are manufactures

Sounds like a ball !!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sounds like a ball !!
Back to the OP question.

Our Customer Ray at 1K RWHP drove up from NY to CT on Wed for an Oil change.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #41
ls427ray
Banned

Drives: 2010 camrao
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Back to the OP question.

Our Customer Ray at 1K RWHP drove up from NY to CT on Wed for an Oil change.
the trip was 1 hour each way. also consider the fact that i made the ride with the cruise control and a/c on!
I LOVE MY JANNETTY BUILT CAMARO.
ls427ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #42
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
In two weeks or so, I'm driving my car from central Texas to Portland Oregon... 2200 miles one way... Fresh oil and new plugs, no worries....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote