Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #631
Adam@ST

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by G200 Pilot View Post
Thanks Adam for your excellent work. My 2.8 LC KB is also for sale. I believe Mike Paige's will be for sale
Sorry to see that..the KB is definitley the best T/S unit hands down. I dont see 1 all blower car in the fast list running low 10's except for a Kenne Bell car. Escpecially in all stock trim like mine. Says alot for the supercharger.
I have the Camaro apart right now..putting on ported heads, cam,longtubes ,adding some suspension upgrades,and reworking the converter . When I bring it back out, looking for low 9's all blower. Street trim, driven to and from the track.
Thanks Adam
Adam@ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #632
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@ST View Post
Sorry to see that..the KB is definitley the best T/S unit hands down. I dont see 1 all blower car in the fast list running low 10's except for a Kenne Bell car. Escpecially in all stock trim like mine. Says alot for the supercharger.
I have the Camaro apart right now..putting on ported heads, cam,longtubes ,adding some suspension upgrades,and reworking the converter . When I bring it back out, looking for low 9's all blower. Street trim, driven to and from the track.
Thanks Adam
So my 10.1 with a tiny Maggie doesn't count?!:(
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #633
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
And my car is stock trim +. 4170# race weight.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #634
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@ST View Post
Thanks Adam
So a couple of observations....

1st for an "independent tester" you sure sound like a KB fan boy. Considering the fact that you are the poster child on KBs website...the fact you claim to be unbiased is ridiculous, at least in my opinion.

2nd......I clearly see 2 90 degree bends on the KB....1 on the Whipple.

3rd....139 on a stock motor with no mods with just a KB? I don't buy it...unless you aren't telling the whole story like maybe pulling a TON of weight out of this car. The KB website claims 10.9 at 126....still very impressive...but not low 10s like you claim. It also states 14psi and race gas....a note you might have forgot to mention.

4th....this thread needs to die. Your results clearly aren't any more valid to anyone than Janetty's results, less really considering that you are the KB poster child. Janetty sells Whipple but if truth be told I think he's more of a Centri fan than anything. At the end of the day Ted is only 1 of MANY who are claiming high IATs with the KB...on the street, not on the dyno. Your results are so one focused on the Whipple that I don't even think your OP listed the HP that the KB put out.....you only railed on the Whipple. NOBODY runs a whipple without a cold air....so while it's cool that you don't need one for a KB it's not a big deal on a Whipple car.

5th....you claim the whipple had KR on 91 octane at 9 psi. The whipple tune runs 18 degrees of timing....the KB also runs 18 degrees of timing at an 11.5 AF...again right on point with the Whipple tune. The IATS are cooler on the whipple albeit slightly according to your data....so if one is going to rattle then the other will too. KBs website says to run 93 octane at 9psi so why are you testing on 91 and claiming that the KB doesn't knock and the whipple did......not buying it.

So again, all of this is just my opinion. I think both SC setups are probably capable of making great power but users of the KB seem to be reporting much higher IAT temps than you in your test. That's what started all of this "stuff" and it has deteriorated into whatever this thread is.

My 2 cents.
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #635
SpeedPro

Drives: 2010 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Lucky for you there are several KB owners that are upgrading to the Whipple so you can get a great deal on one right now.

1st post.....an I love KB post......you're suspect I tell ya...suspect.
Really? Why is that? Would I have been suspect if I would have an I love Whipple post for my first instead?
SpeedPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #636
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedPro View Post
Really? Why is that? Would I have been suspect if I would have an I love Whipple post for my first instead?
Yes.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #637
honeybucket99

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
new forum rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Yes.
you cannot take a position, especially a controversial one, until you have a minimum of 100 posts Why do you guys have to be rude to new people?

I have never had problems with IATs on my KB, and I am spinning the 2.8 as fast as it will go. Now, if someone wants to donate a Whipple, I would be happy to give an unbiased back to back opinion, and then if I could get a donated 3.6 KB I could really let you guys know the scoop. "I'll wait for delivery each day until 3" Sorry, couldn't help the Janis Joplin reference
2010 CGM 2SS/RS; 418 stroker; JE Forged Pistons (offset wrist pin); Forged Crank; upgraded valvetrain; Custom Comp Cams Cam; Kenne Bell 2.8; ID 1000s; Aeromotive Fuel pump with return; ARH Long Tubes; Spec heavy duty clutch; 3" Magnaflow Cat Back; Nick Williams 102 mm Throttle Body; Tune fixed by Dave Steck; 815 HP and 14 mpg

Upcoming--
Disintegrated drivetrain;
Divorce if/when my wife catches on to
my addiction
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #638
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

That wasn't rude.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:09 AM   #639
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
700rwhp @ 9psi, with kb...so much for fan flaming..but dialed it down to a safe 660rwhp.. on a stock bottom end
700 rwhp from a totally stock LS3 Nope... Or happy dyno

Pump gas bolt it on stock everything else was my point. If you have a combo that made 700rwhp at 9 psi - AWESOME Imagine that same combo with less the KB and Plus turbos - it would be at minimum 8% better.

So add 56hp
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #640
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
I make decisions based on many factors, not advertising and bench racers opinions (which there are plenty of them to go around) and thats why I'm choosing a KenneBell Supercharger. We want the best for our hard earned money right? Well, that why I'm choosing KenneBell. Others have Maggies, Whipple, Edelbrock etc., and thats fine, I mean, if you are a Whipple guy I respect that and your opinions on how much you like it. And as far as aesthetics like I mentioned before, I think the KB is the cleanest and meanest looking Twin Screw Supercharger on the planet! Again, my opinion.
I hear you brother but I see it dead opposite. I think the KB looks like a cinder block on top of a work of art. Nothing about the KB looks like it belongs there. The Whipple and Maggie look like factory (to me)

This is coming from a guy that owned Paxton superchargers from 1990 to 1998 Centrifugals make more power than twin screws / roots / PD but they don't look like they belong there
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #641
SpeedPro

Drives: 2010 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
I hear you brother but I see it dead opposite. I think the KB looks like a cinder block on top of a work of art. Nothing about the KB looks like it belongs there. The Whipple and Maggie look like factory (to me)

This is coming from a guy that owned Paxton superchargers from 1990 to 1998 Centrifugals make more power than twin screws / roots / PD but they don't look like they belong there
Thats what makes the world go around my friend, which is why the whole world are not driving Camaros! Glad you enjoy yours SC cuz everyones tasts are different!Thats what makes all of us unique and and our Hot Rods really cool!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #642
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
700 rwhp from a totally stock LS3 Nope... Or happy dyno

Pump gas bolt it on stock everything else was my point. If you have a combo that made 700rwhp at 9 psi - AWESOME Imagine that same combo with less the KB and Plus turbos - it would be at minimum 8% better.

So add 56hp
my bad , does have a blower cam...but did run 560 rwhp on a totally stock no header, not 1 mod...on a conservative tune with 7.5 boost 4 1/8 pulley
Old 09-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #643
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Just playing around Huffer, trying to lighten it up a little. I'm not a 16 year old kid whos dad just bought him a Camaro and looking to go fast. I have been in the automotive field both as a heavy equipment and automotive mechanic for the last 25 years with the City Of Los Angeles and before that I ran a high performance company built their racing engines and maitained the race car for 10 years. Not trying to toot my horn but I've been around for a while and have a lot of knowledge about a lot of different subjects based on my own testing. The great thing is I'm still learning and as new technologies are coming upon us so quickly its challenging to keep up but and it's kinda fun too! Because I have seen what goes on behind the scene with a lot of different high performance and aftermarket companies, I make decisions based on many factors, not advertising and bench racers opinions (which there are plenty of them to go around) and thats why I'm choosing a KenneBell Supercharger. I understand the compitition between companies and the people who buy their products. As a consumer, especially higher end like all of us here who are spending large amounts of money on high performance products for our beloved Camaros, we want the best for our hard earned money right? Well, that why I'm choosing KenneBell. Others have Maggies, Whipple, Edelbrock etc., and thats fine, I mean, if you are a Whipple guy I respect that and your opinions on how much you like it. But after all has been said and done and everything I have able to gather, there is not a finer all around product than the Kenne Bell. And as far as aesthetics like I mentioned before, I think the KB is the cleanest and meanest looking Twin Screw Supercharger on the planet! Again, my opinion. I look forward to learning more from all of you and interacting with everyone. I hope Im not stepping out of bounds here but here are a couple shots of my last project car. I'm still a nostagia kind of guy, love those 60's cars! I know, it's not a Camero but a Chevrolet brother to the awesome Camaros!
I was too believe it or not...(trying to lighten it up I mean). If you read it with a Joe Peschi voice then yo get it...probably should have hit it with a smiley or two so the easily offended didn't get their skirts blown up.

Cudos to you for not getting twisted over it......bad ass Nova...definitely a hot looking car that I am sure runs as well as it looks. Good Luck with the KB...keep us posted on your progress.

I'm not really a Whipple guy...I'm a go fast guy...so whatever works....works ya know.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #644
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Centri would be best if you wunna make big #'s.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote