Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #43
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Dude its old news.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

The camaro ran a 13.1 and the mustang a 12.7. Their is even a video of it you try and find it.

The test was even done on the same day same place. Not that this test is the final word...but you asked for a source.

Like I said...just accept it and move on. This is a very old topic and I find it funny their are still this many people in denial/trying to argue the laws of physics.

and here is a 12.8 for you as well

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t/viewall.html

and keep in mind...the 2013 gt has 8 more hp than the 2011 that these tests represent.

I am ashamed that I even got into this argument...it is so pointless and overdone on this site.

Believe what you want man...it wont make your car any faster
The fact that a 2012 300 SRT has faster 0-60 times than the Challenger and Camaro and better 0-60 times is truly amazing. Literally right behind the Mustang damn near. Be happy y'all own what y'all own. The next person has a faster car than you so make sure YOU enjoy it.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #44
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Dude its old news.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html

The camaro ran a 13.1 and the mustang a 12.7. Their is even a video of it you try and find it.

The test was even done on the same day same place. Not that this test is the final word...but you asked for a source.

Like I said...just accept it and move on. This is a very old topic and I find it funny their are still this many people in denial/trying to argue the laws of physics.

and here is a 12.8 for you as well

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...t/viewall.html

and keep in mind...the 2013 gt has 8 more hp than the 2011 that these tests represent.

I am ashamed that I even got into this argument...it is so pointless and overdone on this site.

Believe what you want man...it wont make your car any faster
Well your links are freezing up my computer. So I will retain my doubts until someone else can view the links and confirm.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #45
07-SRT

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Bluebeastsrt........Internet glory runs happen in atco with a crazy - 2700 da... I belive it was a 12.5 or 12.6 on a bone stock 6.1. I have never raced on a negative da here in florida.. is it really that hard for you to believe my stock averages were 13.0-13.3, added a tune, cai, exhaust and ran 12.7 best with averages 12.8-12.9... really that is so far fetched? .. this is my 2nd srt, so acoording to you I have factory freaks? Lol
Last time I posted a video of my stock 6.1 and srt8techs 392 all the excuses of hidden mods came out....I'm not going to go back and forth will you cherry picking vids....I'm going off owning 2 of the cars and being around the platform since 2009...

2015 Camaro 2SS

Cam/Heads/FBO 498/447 SAE
07-SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #46
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
My friend has an srt8 charger 2006 with intake/programmer/cat deletes and he just bought a 2012 6 speed 5.0 manual.... He owns both but had a driver mod in his new 5.0, needless to say the srt8 pulled a car on the airstrip.

His srt8 did 13.1 @ 111 mph.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #47
07-SRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
LOL cherry picked videos. All I asked you to do is find one cherry picked video of your own. Funny but I added a tune, CAI and headers to the L99 and ran a best of 12.8@109 so far. Incredibly similar to your best. So I'd say the 6.1 is a hell of a lot closer to a L99 Camaro than an LS3 Camaro or 5.0 Mustang. I have no problem admitting both of those out run me stock for stock. Try just admitting it. You can't beat em all in your "Factory Freak" LOL

Here you go.... cherry pick bone stock from 2005. do you need more?

What was the da when you ran 12.8? Tunes and bolt on wake up your cars better than the 6.1

2015 Camaro 2SS

Last edited by 07-SRT; 09-20-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #48
07-SRT

2005 was the first year. There was no tunes or aftermarket parts yet. ..My friend has an ls3 ss.... we will compare times same day, track and da.... Like I said the da was - 2700 on that vid in atco...

2015 Camaro 2SS

Old 09-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #49
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Slow6.2 View Post
So... A buddy of mine has been running his mouth a lot lately about how he'll smoke me.. Blah blah blah. From his mouth alone. He has a cai netted him (20-25hp) and straight pipes and that netted him (5-10hp) no dyno or tune to back up these outrageous claims... Yet these R/T's are only rated at 372 @flywheel. He says supposedly he's running neck and neck with my numbers and can drag my ass..! My current mods are intake, x-pipe mid fabricated all the way back to the 40's original flows, with resonator delete ..Have not dyno'd since mods. Dyno numbers stock were 360whp & 355wtq on a very heat soaked motor. Temps were 100+. Also on a mustang dyno. Who wins?

If you're reading this objects In side view mirrors are losing as I'm rowing the 3:91's
Nice thread Op. A buddy of mine has a 2012 Challenger SRT rated at 470 hp at the flywheel. He saw my Camaro once and ended up bringing his car over for me to drive. So we struck out in his car first, and it has a decent pull, but when we pulled mine out and he nailed it the first time I thought he was going to chit his pants. It was like night and day the difference in power. Granted I am running a supercharger and throwing 625 hp to the wheels, but even in the looks category which would you choose ?? Just saying . . .

Name:  IMG950104.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  255.6 KB

Name:  IMG950107.jpg
Views: 889
Size:  281.6 KB
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #50
302-412

Drives: 2013 Ram Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
Nice thread Op. A buddy of mine has a 2012 Challenger SRT rated at 470 hp at the flywheel. He saw my Camaro once and ended up bringing his car over for me to drive. So we struck out in his car first, and it has a decent pull, but when we pulled mine out and he nailed it the first time I thought he was going to chit his pants. It was like night and day the difference in power. Granted I am running a supercharger and throwing 625 hp to the wheels, but even in the looks category which would you choose ?? Just saying . . .

Attachment 557856

Attachment 557857
You cannot be serious!
302-412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #51
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post

Attachment 557856

Attachment 557857
Ok what one gosh darn tootin minnit...are you seriously comparing a NA 470 engine hp car to a 625 whp car?? LOL, come on man...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #52
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-SRT View Post
2005 was the first year. There was no tunes or aftermarket parts yet. ..My friend has an ls3 ss.... we will compare times same day, track and da.... Like I said the da was - 2700 on that vid in atco...

Does your car have a gearing advantage on a LS3 SS? Excuse the ignorance but I am not super familiar with the srt cars.

For what reason other than traction would your car be as fast as a car that makes virtually the same or better power and a few hundred pounds lighter?

Why go back and forth with all the videos/he said she said, blah blah blah.

If it isnt geared considerably better stock for stock it is impossible for the srt to be faster...any instance in which the outcome is different is just a result of variables encountered in the real world.

The cars are close yes...but I would say the srt is as far behind the ss as the ss is behind the 5.0. A couple ticks. Which would also add up perfectly as each of these models were brought to the market to beat the others in succession. Chevy would not have made the ls3 camaro if it couldnt beat the dodge and ford at the time. Ford would not have made the mustang if it could not have beat the chevy at the time. And now we have the 392..is that not faster than the ls3 and the 6.1 srt? of coarse it is. Its power to weight ratio is superior.

In the end the cars are close enough that we have these arguments. But the reality is that in perfect conditions if everything could be done 100% fair and equal across the board it goes 5.0>ls3>srt

BTW...I would be very surprised if your friend with a manual tranny could match your automatic car most of the time. Much harder to run as fast and as conistent with the manual. But that doesnt mean your car is faster technically.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #53
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Ok what one gosh darn tootin minnit...are you seriously comparing a NA 470 engine hp car to a 625 whp car?? LOL, come on man...
I was about to say

MichiganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #54
LS3Freak

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
LOL cherry picked videos. All I asked you to do is find one cherry picked video of your own. Funny but I added a tune, CAI and headers to the L99 and ran a best of 12.8@109 so far. Incredibly similar to your best. So I'd say the 6.1 is a hell of a lot closer to a L99 Camaro than an LS3 Camaro or 5.0 Mustang. I have no problem admitting both of those out run me stock for stock. Try just admitting it. You can't beat em all in your "Factory Freak" LOL

I am the friend he is referring too and i just have been with him to the track with his srt, running him in my srt at the time. And aside from him being a DAMN good driver. I have seen his car running consistant 13.0's in the florida heat. Then he went and bought another one and was running the same numbers. I actually did think he had a factory freak until he did it with the super bee and that was with both cars bone stock. Best i could muster was 13.3 stock i believe. id have to dig up a run to post to verify

I would agree that maybe time wise the stock srt would be closer to an automatic camaro, but thats based purely on weight. the srt weighs 4300 plus driver and to even be able to be compared is a feat in itself to me personally. so i would not compare the stock engine times when there is such a big weight difference. so what you are saying is if you swapped the l99 into a charger it would still run the same numbers as a 6.1. I dont think so. The ls3 would have to be swapped over to come close to equalling out.

The stock srt also comes with a 3.06 gear for those asking. Idk if id wanna go up on gearing in a srt cause they dont have the luxury of the 6th gear as we do. they eat it on gas mileage.

The one thing i can say for the ls3 is i love how much power small mods make on these engines (headers for example). i would definitely have had to spend cosiderably more on the hemi just to make the power of a cam swap (headers and tune of course).

I know i will probably get flamed for "taking up" for a dodge guy, but ive owned every american make and have enjoyed different aspects of each. ive seen big block chevy "back half" cars keep up with pro mods, seen a n/a 6.1 hemi with cam and headers with serious weight reduction running 10's, and small block ford motors destroy big blocks. idk y people get so wrapped up in which is so much better when all can be made to be super badass
LS3Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #55
LS3Freak

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Does your car have a gearing advantage on a LS3 SS? Excuse the ignorance but I am not super familiar with the srt cars.

For what reason other than traction would your car be as fast as a car that makes virtually the same or better power and a few hundred pounds lighter?

Why go back and forth with all the videos/he said she said, blah blah blah.

If it isnt geared considerably better stock for stock it is impossible for the srt to be faster...any instance in which the outcome is different is just a result of variables encountered in the real world.

The cars are close yes...but I would say the srt is as far behind the ss as the ss is behind the 5.0. A couple ticks. Which would also add up perfectly as each of these models were brought to the market to beat the others in succession. Chevy would not have made the ls3 camaro if it couldnt beat the dodge and ford at the time. Ford would not have made the mustang if it could not have beat the chevy at the time. And now we have the 392..is that not faster than the ls3 and the 6.1 srt? of coarse it is. Its power to weight ratio is superior.

In the end the cars are close enough that we have these arguments. But the reality is that in perfect conditions if everything could be done 100% fair and equal across the board it goes 5.0>ls3>srt

BTW...I would be very surprised if your friend with a manual tranny could match your automatic car most of the time. Much harder to run as fast and as conistent with the manual. But that doesnt mean your car is faster technically.

i like these comments that is y i cannot concede that the 6.1 engine is that much slower than the other engines. With the weight and real world conditions i would agree.

Also we just had a new track open today as a matter of fact. hes probably there now, but im stuck here at work talking to you knuckleheads. Lol Hopefully we can get there together between tomoro and next weekend and ill try to be as consistant as possible to "drag his ass" lol
LS3Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #56
07-SRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3Freak View Post
I am the friend he is referring too and i just have been with him to the track with his srt, running him in my srt at the time. And aside from him being a DAMN good driver. I have seen his car running consistant 13.0's in the florida heat. Then he went and bought another one and was running the same numbers. I actually did think he had a factory freak until he did it with the super bee and that was with both cars bone stock. Best i could muster was 13.3 stock i believe. id have to dig up a run to post to verify

I would agree that maybe time wise the stock srt would be closer to an automatic camaro, but thats based purely on weight. the srt weighs 4300 plus driver and to even be able to be compared is a feat in itself to me personally. so i would not compare the stock engine times when there is such a big weight difference. so what you are saying is if you swapped the l99 into a charger it would still run the same numbers as a 6.1. I dont think so. The ls3 would have to be swapped over to come clo
se to equalling out.

The stock srt also comes with a 3.06 gear for those asking. Idk if id wanna go up on gearing in a srt cause they dont have the luxury of the 6th gear as we do. they eat it on gas mileage.

The one thing i can say for the ls3 is i love how much power small mods make on these engines (headers for example). i would definitely have had to spend cosiderably more on the hemi just to make the power of a cam swap (headers and tune of course).

I know i will probably get flamed for "taking up" for a dodge guy, but ive owned every american make and have enjoyed different aspects of each. ive seen big block chevy "back half" cars keep up with pro mods, seen a n/a 6.1 hemi with cam and headers with serious weight reduction running 10's, and small block ford motors destroy big blocks. idk y people get so wrapped up in which is so much better when all can be made to be super badass
Hey bud, you know I have to stir the pot.....lol
Like you, I have owned the big 3 just happens to be Mopar at the moment. ..
I want check out your new ride and run them before you mod. My stuff still in the garage..lol
When you thinking of going? Get the GoPro ready.........

2015 Camaro 2SS