Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Pedders Street I effect on my daily drive

Outside of the short test drive after the install, today was the first time I got to drive my Camaro since I finished the install of the Pedders Street I bushing inserts. My drive to work is about 42 miles one way with about 38 of that being expressway. The expressways in our area seem to grow speed bumps every few hundred feet, plus there are lots of areas with patched potholes - and unpatched potholes. I put on about 22,000 miles on the stock suspension, wheels, & tires, so I am very familiar with how it felt stock. After the 84-85 mile round trip, these are my observations:

As I started the drive, I completely forgot that the inserts were installed as I was focused on how my foot was holding up. Today was the first day that I had on a shoe since I got stitches in my left foot, so I was a little distracted. I was quickly reminded though, as I turned onto the entrance ramp. The car responded more quickly to the turn of the wheel. The entrance ramp isn't the typical 90 degree turn - it does a 90 to the right then almost 90 back to the left before doing another right onto the expressway. I could definitely notice the car responding more quickly to my steering input especially when changing from a right to a left and back again.

Noise: I did notice a little bit more noise - just a little bit. It certainly did not detract from the ride. It was not enough to cause any problems if you were having a conversation with a passenger. The more I think about it, I don't know if it really was any louder or if it was just a different pitch. It could just have been a different pitch. Overall, the noise from these inserts is a non-issue.

Harshness: I will say that going over the bumps was a little harsher, but I felt more confident in the car if that makes any sense. Before when I would hit some of the larger bumps, the car would get all discombobulated lol. Today, it would hit the bump and still feel planted. It seems unbelievable that some inserts would make that much of a difference, but the car never felt this good going over the bumps even though it was slightly harsher on the first hit. The pothole patches didn't cause any problems or feel any harsher.

Acceleration: Acceleration after turning onto the entrance ramp and when on the ramp merging from one expressway to another was noticeably better. Even with a NA V6, I could feel the power getting to the ground more efficiently.

For a daily driver, the Pedders Street I kit does it job and does it well. I am very pleased and looking forward to the next suspension upgrade as I get ready for the track day at Mid-Ohio.

If you want a more predictable and responsive ride, I highly recommend this upgrade.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Great review and welcome to the pedders family
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Nice writeup,
Old 07-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Yet another happy Camaro owner discovers what Pedders is all about.
Dont worry man it only gets better, should you choose to continue on and step it up some more. I love what Pedders has done for my ride!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Now you should do trailarm or sways.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Imagine this, all of the above is greater with the HD bushings. Plus if you do the rear upper control arm and diff bushings. It's more vibs and noise but very responsive.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
You can't go wrong when you start your suspension upgrades at the foundational level. Sub-frame and radius bushes are the low hanging fruit on the 5th Gen making them #1 on your mod list.

Thank you for post Mr. gahammerle and thank you for choosing Pedders. We appreciate your business. Welcome to the Pedders Nation!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Yet another happy Camaro owner discovers what Pedders is all about.
Dont worry man it only gets better, should you choose to continue on and step it up some more. I love what Pedders has done for my ride!
Mike,

How is the trip going and where are you?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Found out with this upgrade, going over railroad tracks feels so much better now.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote