Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #57
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
supercharger/turbo + drag radials = ~11.7? and i wont have to do anything suspension wise, or internal engine wise? !
69 Camaro 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #58
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Camaro 09 View Post
supercharger/turbo + drag radials = ~11.7? and i wont have to do anything suspension wise, or internal engine wise? !
keep the boost to a safe level and make sure the car is tuned and you should hopefully see 11's. but I dont know what kind of a driver mod you have.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #59
Rock

Drives: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
don't the autos have a open diff? I'd probably invest in a differential and maybe a valvekit for the auto, How much hp can the auto handle? he might need to upgrade that as well. Honestly it's too early to say with any certainty how much power the v6 can handle with stock internals, so you might want to get yourself a set of pistons/rods or budget them in if needed. I'm not familiar with the rear end on the new camaro, how much power can they reliably handle?
Thanks in advance
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #60
Semi-Rude

Drives: 2006 VW GTI
Direct Injection

Hey guys, I have been creeping on the forums for a couple of weeks and I definitely love the new Camaro! I have been really interested in the V6 forum particularly because it's DI. I happen to have a Volkswagen that is DI (and turbo) and I have been modifying it and following the upgrades for over two years now. I may have some insight for you guys as far as what DI means and what it can do.

DI is simply amazing when paired with forced induction. My Volkswagen motor comes with a turbo from the factory with a 10.3:1 compression ratio. I am currently running 20psi of boost on a small turbo with that compression ratio with everything else remaining stock.

A big limitation for DI has been fueling, mainly getting the correct injectors for bigger turbos. The injectors have a very particular spray pattern that is designed specifically for only one engine model. If you deviate from this spray pattern at all you could be dealing with some annoying consequences (large amounts of sooting, rough and difficult cold-starts). These are some pit falls that my community has ran into during the tuning process.

11:1 is pretty high for boost in standard gas engine applications but, if what I have seen so far in the DI community is any indication of what this new GM motor can do; I foresee this motor making a lot of power with little boost without any major modification to the fueling or compression. There may be a lot of potential here depending on how hard the injectors are working already and what the fuel system can handle. The rods could be a problem but, we will just have to see.

Thanks!

-Steve
Semi-Rude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #61
Warpick

Drives: Rust bucket and a jalopy
The rods are fine they're forged iron. It's the pistons that are cast and coated that would be the mechanical weakpoint. The other issue is needing a high pressure, high volume fuel pump. The injector as you pointed out would need to be upgraded depending on the boost pressures. Anyone got a dyno sheet of their V6 with a readout of the A:F ratio? That would be able to tell us a little more about what the stock V6 is capable of boosted.
Warpick is offline   Reply With Quote