Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Thanks for the input everyone, phoned Joe and we hit it off, very knowledgeable and we're on the same page for stroker/cam/ heads, hopefully sometime next year. Ordered the CAI, nice place to do business and I'll do the tune there too.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
SSeniorMoment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
I have the CAI cold air and it works great. You wont regret it. Id go ahead and get tuned by CPR if I were you. I just moved here from Texas and I have to get retuned because of the difference in 93 to 91 gas. You need to get tuned on the gas youre gonna be running or youll be knocking. Trust me....and the drive to Texas is even longer and more boring than the drive to Phoenix!!
Thanks, I'm at 4400ft, 91 is all we can get and I don't have any knock, even at 2700'.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #17
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
I have knock because I was tuned on 93, and now running 91. I saw in your post you were thinking about getting tuned in TX, which is a 93 state. I was saying you shouldnt do that because then you would be knocking as soon as you get back to 91. Youre still on a stock tune with a VERY conservative timing table. Mines not so conservative since Im cammed and dyno tuned.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #18
SSeniorMoment

Quote:
I have knock because I was tuned on 93, and now running 91. I saw in your post you were thinking about getting tuned in TX, which is a 93 state. I was saying you shouldnt do that because then you would be knocking as soon as you get back to 91. Youre still on a stock tune with a VERY conservative timing table. Mines not so conservative since Im cammed and dyno tuned.
Okay, now I understand you better about a Texas tune. I'm just doing some basic breathing mods for now and then save up for the rebuild. Joe's been down this road a number of times and knows what'll work here, great asset to have this kind of Arizona experiential knowledge.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #19
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Okay, now I understand you better about a Texas tune. I'm just doing some basic breathing mods for now and then save up for the rebuild. Joe's been down this road a number of times and knows what'll work here, great asset to have this kind of Arizona experiential knowledge.
Absolutely! Thats why hes doing my retune and my differential swap/solid subframe bushings/differential bushings/Toe Rods. Ive never let anyone work on my car except me. I dont have the means to do everything I listed above, and Joes overall knowledge of these cars impressed me enough to trust him to work on it. I know it doesnt mean anything coming from a nobody on the internet, but I think hes going to do a great job.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #20
SSeniorMoment

Quote:
Absolutely! Thats why hes doing my retune and my differential swap/solid subframe bushings/differential bushings/Toe Rods. Ive never let anyone work on my car except me. I dont have the means to do everything I listed above, and Joes overall knowledge of these cars impressed me enough to trust him to work on it. I know it doesnt mean anything coming from a nobody on the internet, but I think hes going to do a great job.
Great endorsement! When the Pfadt headers were installed, my buddy paid me not to help him, wonder if Joe would give me the same arrangement?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #21
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Great endorsement! When the Pfadt headers were installed, my buddy paid me not to help him, wonder if Joe would give me the same arrangement?
Haha what?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #22
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Midway Chevrolet in Phoenix has a Performance Center and Piccione Customs is in the process of opening a performance center. They will now be known as Piccione Performance & Paint Center. They have a really nice shop, 1/3 custom paint and body, 2/3rds of it is a full Performance Center. They have a new Mustang 500 AWD in ground Dyno going in, all new state of the art equipment, and the best performance talent to run it. Really excited about this shop.
You cant go wrong with either of those two shops.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #23
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
Midway Chevrolet in Phoenix has a Performance Center and Piccione Customs is in the process of opening a performance center. They will now be known as Piccione Performance & Paint Center. They have a really nice shop, 1/3 custom paint and body, 2/3rds of it is a full Performance Center. They have a new Mustang 500 AWD in ground Dyno going in, all new state of the art equipment, and the best performance talent to run it. Really excited about this shop.
You cant go wrong with either of those two shops.
Should be a paying vendor before you solicit here.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #24
SSeniorMoment

^^^^^^^ What bolt ons will you inventory? It's frustrating to phone in an in state order, pay the sales tax, then wait a week and a half for the order to arrive from outside of Arizona.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #25
SSeniorMoment

Thank you. I live down in the SE corner and it's a loooooong drive to the Valley, but future plans include stroking/cam/heads.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
It is silly for shops to stock a lot of parts because so much stuff has many options and so many people like different stuff. Stocking fluids, and some basics makes sense but stock cams/headers/etc just doesn't make sense to me. I would be cautious of shops pushing what they have on the shelf compared to what is best for the customer. I've seen this a lot with cams.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #27
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
It is silly for shops to stock a lot of parts because so much stuff has many options and so many people like different stuff. Stocking fluids, and some basics makes sense but stock cams/headers/etc just doesn't make sense to me. I would be cautious of shops pushing what they have on the shelf compared to what is best for the customer. I've seen this a lot with cams.
Agreed!! We stock the major stuff and some of the odds/ends items that people need in a pinch. But heads, cam stuff is tough. Headers aren't quote as bad and I usually have a gen v set on the shelf

Old 08-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #28
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Yah, if you have the money to eat up some inventory a set of 1 3/4, 1 7/8, 2" headers wouldn't be bad. Have them ready to coat/etc. Then there is the question of brand. Some people will want pfadt, some kooks, some cats, some no cats. Next thing you know just for a 5th gen Camaro you need 6-7 sets of headers laying around.

Then ceramic coated or not. I'm surprised more people don't coat stuff here in AZ. It is damn hot.