Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-16-2015, 01:46 AM   #85
MARVIL

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post
ABS Cover - Painted SIM

The ABS module under the hood is another area that has always looked unfinished to me. I decided to put a cover over it.

There are 3 cover styles currently available: 1 is a partial cover that only hides the front, 2 hides the whole mess; including the pipes that exit from the top, while 3 covers the sides and top; but allows the pipes to stay visible. I went with #3.

I got it from Yates Performance for $60 in polished Stainless Steel. It was almost too beautiful to paint; but I wanted it to match my other parts and not be a shiny mirror. I had my local dealer paint it, who has painted all of my other parts.

I can't find one for my 2014. I really like the sleek look on this. I found the cover for the brake fluid reservoir , but not the ABS. ugh!!!
GMPP body kit / 1.5" drop Phastek springs / Blacked out factory rims / Nitto Motivo tires / Blacked out exhaust tips / RPI carbon fiber hydropainted emblems / MGP RS caliper covers / BMR strut bar / Apex CAI scoop / VMAX ported throttle body / CAI cold air intake / Elite Engineering Oil catch can / Solo Performance high flow cats / MagnaFlow Tru-X X pipe / MRT v1

MARVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #86
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I would contact Yates Performance directly, and ask them if the ABS cover will work on your car. I believe the module is exactly the same from 2010-15.

http://www.yatesperformance.com/cama...nt/cc1820.html

It should be easy to take some measurements of your ABS and see if the part dimensions above would cover it.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:41 AM   #87
MARVIL

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6 RS
Quote:
I would contact Yates Performance directly, and ask them if the ABS cover will work on your car. I believe the module is exactly the same from 2010-15.

http://www.yatesperformance.com/cama...nt/cc1820.html

It should be easy to take some measurements of your ABS and see if the part dimensions above would cover it.
I'm on it chief!
GMPP body kit / 1.5" drop Phastek springs / Blacked out factory rims / Nitto Motivo tires / Blacked out exhaust tips / RPI carbon fiber hydropainted emblems / MGP RS caliper covers / BMR strut bar / Apex CAI scoop / VMAX ported throttle body / CAI cold air intake / Elite Engineering Oil catch can / Solo Performance high flow cats / MagnaFlow Tru-X X pipe / MRT v1

MARVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #88
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

I got an old iPhone 4 and a new Tascam mic that plugs into it for Christmas. Here is my first recording:

2012 Camaro Cold Start with JacFab Extendolator

Last edited by yzark99; 01-10-2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: mu-vee
Old 01-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #89
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

New engine photo after damn mice chewed my wiring harness, and I flex-loomed everything. JacFab Extendolator has also been installed.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #90
idealer

Drives: 2015 2LT Convertible
Though I am not really into mods but I like your shifter and that thingy about waking the car up on take off. Whatmacallit? The best mod you ever had. Now I have to go back and read that one again.

Ok it is VMax Ported Throttle Body (Went back and read it)
Also like the gas cap. That is probably the one mod I will eventually do. Love the VMAX but sounds involved.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #91
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

The Vmax ported throttle body was my best mod at the time. It takes maybe 5 minutes to install it. I was nervous when I did it (as I was scared of breaking something) but it was simple. It really helps with the "dead" spot.

If you can afford it, I now recommend the Solo Hi-Flo cats as the best mod. They literally seemed to double acceleration and also lowered the exhaust tone. The exhaust now sounds as good at 1/2 pedal down as it used to when I floored it. Now when floored, there is a whole new deep obnoxious sound that screams for attention. Fun to play with; but not around cops (unless you like being followed for miles).

Since the exhaust sound on these cars stinks from the factory, you will need to upgrade it eventually. I think if one were to install the Solo hi-fi cats, cut off the trash can mufflers, and put some lighter mufflers in their place you could have great sound (and performance) for under a grand. There is a big difference when the exhaust sounds good. It always cheers me up, and makes the car more fun to drive.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #92
idealer

Quote:
The Vmax ported throttle body was my best mod at the time. It takes maybe 5 minutes to install it. I was nervous when I did it (as I was scared of breaking something) but it was simple. It really helps with the "dead" spot.

If you can afford it, I now recommend the Solo Hi-Flo cats as the best mod. They literally seemed to double acceleration and also lowered the exhaust tone. The exhaust now sounds as good at 1/2 pedal down as it used to when I floored it. Now when floored, there is a whole new deep obnoxious sound that screams for attention. Fun to play with; but not around cops (unless you like being followed for miles).

Since the exhaust sound on these cars stinks from the factory, you will need to upgrade it eventually. I think if one were to install the Solo hi-fi cats, cut off the trash can mufflers, and put some lighter mufflers in their place you could have great sound (and performance) for under a grand. There is a big difference when the exhaust sounds good. It always cheers me up, and makes the car more fun to drive.
Thanks for the response. After my earlier post I did some digging on the Vmax. I also noticed that some people complain about it causing some problems so I sort of buried the idea immediately. As for exhaust, I loved the NPP sound and idea after I heard it on youtube on a v6 and that is what I have now but it is not complete meaning it is always open and heavier when I step on it. I can honestly say that I am 100% satisfied with the sound. Exhaust sound I have noticed is a very personal thing. For example I was listening to the sound of the 1000HP Hernessey SS and it sounded like a really bad exhaust to me and not in a good way. For exhaust I have always preferred more refined sounds instead of the drag strip hash tones. Thanks again for all you have put in this thread, it is selfless.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #93
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

You're welcome. The only problems people have had with the Vmax is if they added the Vitesse Throttle Controller later. That seems to cause problems with some cars; and it is not recommended by Vitesse.

I have had zero problems with my Vmax in 3+ years.

Exhaust is subjective. My best example is on the limited-edition SLP ZL585 supercharged camaro, which had a weak custom exhaust priced over 3 grand on the sticker. We had one at my work and did a video of it. I had to crank up the volume in the video editing program 3x louder than normal to hear it over the traffic noise on the highway in the background.

The Solo cat-back sounds much better and louder at 1/4 the price.

Last edited by yzark99; 09-11-2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: video link is gone
Old 01-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #94
idealer

I think you are right Vitesse Throttle Controller seams to be the problem.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #95
5alive

Drives: 2013 1LT
OK I totally like your build, nice detail, pics are a bonus, I also appreciate your opinions, on how the modes affect your car, I have thought of doing a build on my car in the same way, although I, like a lot of us car guys it comes down to $$$ and trying different mods to see what works, and actually make a difference to our cars, so from many of us, thank you, I hope more people get a chance to read your build.
5alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #96
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Thanks for reading and commenting. When I started, I wasn't planning on 40+ mods, it just kind of happened. Even after all of them, including the mistakes, I'm still not up to what the dealer wanted for a 2LT - let alone a V8. It has been a fun process.

Last edited by yzark99; 02-28-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: quiet you
Old 02-28-2016, 11:01 PM   #97
nomats427

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Awesome
nomats427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #98
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
Bump to subscribe - this is great stuff!

Tags
cool, madness, mods, upgrades, yzark99