Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
69LM1

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Is IPS motorsport on the up and up?

Or having some issues?

I called about the deal listed here for Twin Turbo's free install and was told that the free installation was not what was said. I copied the post from fabberge where it clearly states free install if you bring the car to them and several people claim its a deal with no correction from the vendor(s).

Jeff at IPS then states I misunderstood that post, and that the deal is good for the first car of the new model year only.

Ok, we discuss it and I finally agree on an install price, add in the boost controller, exhaust and some extras ~$10,000 in work.

I get the invoice (after giving them me credit card info) and it is over $1,000 more than discussed.

More calls and Jeff fixes the problem and they charge me a $8,000 deposit on the credit card, with a promise of a call back on an install date for early December 2014 (a few weeks away).

Then crickets. I have emailed Jeff with no response. This was all the week before thanksgiving and we are now in early December and I have no install date to prepare for.

On Monday I call over there and no one knows what's going on, Jeff is out sick, but I get promises that someone would call be the end of the day.

Nothing, or yesterday.

So, I call again today and they tell me Jeff is back in, but busy, and he will definitely call me by the end of the day today.

And nothing.

I am seriously considering backing out if this is the service before the install, what happens if I need to communicate post install?

What are others experiences with them here?

Sorry if this is a bit harsh, but with the posted deal not being a deal and the lack of communication I am getting concerned and figure they might answer publically since they are not privately.

Rich
69LM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Do yourself a favor and look at their reviews on facebook. I left them a nice one wit an update along with many others. Their issue is the shop manager running the shop to the ground (jeff). He is a compulsive liar! And my name is justin thiry if you want to take a gander at their fb page!
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Well here's what I know..

Fabberge and IPS are two different companies now. Fabberge is who makes and sells the turbo kits. IPS motorsports is just a performance/repair facility. They are a fabberge dealer just like alot of other shops. You're not the first to say negative things about IPS and jeff. I bought the same kit your trying to buy. I bought it from FABBERGE. I am not dealing with IPS at all. I think you need to talk to Stas. He is the owner of Fabberge and I'm almost positive he's the one that posted about the free install, and I'm pretty sure he has his own place now not too far from IPS. Maybe he will still honor the free install. I would imagine ips just doesn't want to do the free work as they are just buying the kit and selling it to you. Find the post about the free install and send fabberge a private message. NOT ips. Stas has always returned my emails in a timely manner.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
And I still have jeffs cell number in my phone- 614-374-1736. Best of luck to you!
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Well here's what I know..

Fabberge and IPS are two different companies now. Fabberge is who makes and sells the turbo kits. IPS motorsports is just a performance/repair facility. They are a fabberge dealer just like alot of other shops. You're not the first to say negative things about IPS and jeff. I bought the same kit your trying to buy. I bought it from FABBERGE. I am not dealing with IPS at all. I think you need to talk to Stas. He is the owner of Fabberge and I'm almost positive he's the one that posted about the free install, and I'm pretty sure he has his own place now not too far from IPS. Maybe he will still honor the free install. I would imagine ips just doesn't want to do the free work as they are just buying the kit and selling it to you. Find the post about the free install and send fabberge a private message. NOT ips. Stas has always returned my emails in a timely manner.
I don't know much of Jeff @ IPS, but the above sounds right. I've talked to Stas on the phone before, seemed like he's willing to work with people. Although if IPS has already charged you (sounds like they have), I'm sure you will have to rectify that with them...

http://www.fabberge.com/contact
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
69LM1

Thanks for the info guys. I was excited as this is my Son's first car and he wants a tribute to my 69 COPO Camaro, Tin Soldier.

It was paid with American Express. Jeff did not disclose that he and Fabberge are two different companies, even when I sent him the posts by Fabberge. He just, I guess, lied about it being for the first model year only as if they were still one company.

That tells me volumes, and that is fraud. I will open a case tomorrow with American Express.

I started feeling fishy when they overcharged me and then put such as large down payment on my card. It was supposed to be a 50% down.

I burn through about $80,000 a month on my American Express for business, so we'll see what they will do.

Rich
Old 12-04-2014, 03:05 AM   #7
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Wow that sounds fishy and I would hope when buying a 7k turbo kit that those selling it would go above and beyond but I guess not. Should I decide twin turbos over a supercharge sounds like I'll be buying directly from stas and dabbler age and getting it installed by a REAL shop.

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #8
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
From what I recall. I communicated with Jeff Yetzer for a while but when it got too complicated I started talking to Stas. Jeff seemed very out of the loop with everything. Stas helped me out a lot, but the best information I got was from the guy actually building my car. I got the impression that Stas owned the place and Jeff was the money man.

Their people skills aren't the best over the phone or email. And their communications skills between each other is pretty bad. From what I got out of my short visit there was that they deal with a lot of high dollar builds, probably ones people just say "ok" and pay. When I was in Stas' office he had a bunch of 20k-30k job qotes on his desk.

Who knows. They pulled through for me and I'm very happy.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
69LM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Wow that sounds fishy and I would hope when buying a 7k turbo kit that those selling it would go above and beyond but I guess not. Should I decide twin turbos over a supercharge sounds like I'll be buying directly from stas and dabbler age and getting it installed by a REAL shop.

The 7k turbo kit was just the start. I was having them do more work to the tune of almost $11,000.

Key word was. Especially when they hit me with an 8k down payment without my consent. It was supposed to be 50%/50%, on the correct amount.

Still no word from them.......

Rich
Old 12-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Rich, you're a damn fine Dad and I hope you and American Express can take IPS and "jerk a knot in their tail!" (as my Dad used to say).
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Rich, I remember your first post about your Tin Soldier car and wanting to build up your son's car....its very cool of you to do that!

But your experience so far sounds pretty dismal, and there is no way you should be getting the treatment you describe.

At this point (if you can get ahold of anyone there) I'd let them know your about ready to walk on that $10,000+ deal and see if they change their tune. Maybe if their shop is full of other jobs worth more, they won't care, but its still a shame.

Hopefully talking with Fabberge can get you back on track.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #12
69LM1

Just posted in the other thread and wanted to update on this one.
Jeff called and apologized and gave me his personal cell phone today.

He explained that Faberge and IPS are both owned by the same guy, but now run as two divisions. He said he was out sick and someone should have returned the calls or at least not said that he would.

I decided that Ill roll the dice, so we will see.

We are scheduled for one week from today for the install.

Ill update the thread, and take pics. About a 14 Hour drive from New Orleans to Ohio where IPS is located.

Thanks Guys,
Rich
Old 12-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69LM1 View Post
Just posted in the other thread and wanted to update on this one.
Jeff called and apologized and gave me his personal cell phone today.

He explained that Faberge and IPS are both owned by the same guy, but now run as two divisions. He said he was out sick and someone should have returned the calls or at least not said that he would.

I decided that Ill roll the dice, so we will see.

We are scheduled for one week from today for the install.

Ill update the thread, and take pics. About a 14 Hour drive from New Orleans to Ohio where IPS is located.

Thanks Guys,
Rich
Good deal, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

If your scheduled for a week from today for the install then that means I should be getting my kit soon. I ordered it on Nov 20.

How excited is your son!

Is his Camaro an auto or stick?
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #14
69LM1

I um... I mean "he" is pumped.

The original owner and driver of tin soldier still lives in ohio near the old norwood plant, so I am stopping in to visit with Ron and his son Jason.

The car is an automatic. Ill have to revisit that roll bar thread soon I am sure.

Rich