Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Ordering a car is like one knows what one wants , it is like having a child and wait till is delivered [by the wife] versus going to the lot and pick one up , it has less connection to, like if you go to the maternity and pick one kid up and go home , it feels like it was down for someone else , get it?
I think so.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #16
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I think you will be more happy with ordering you own one, I know I will be whenever I order mine.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
dcfan22

Drives: '11 2LT RS 'vert Camaro
I ordered my Vert to make sure I got one this spring. I live in Iowa and most dealers here only had one or two allocations and some weren't getting them until July.

Plus - I have wanted a convertible Camaro since I can remember and ordering it makes ownership even more special. IMO - Not sure there is a risk - the car you find on the lot came from the same factory - if the ordered car isn't up to specs or has issues, don't buy it.

Enjoy!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I look at it like this, how many yellow Camaros are built with gray leather interior? Not many from what I've seen. But the wife wanted gray, so we got it. Come to find out it's not widely found. What chance would I have trying to find that on a lot?

SOMEBODY is going to order the car, whether it be the dealer for their lot stock, or a customer to get precisely the options they desire. Why not get what you want? It's going to be built regardless. Like buying a house. If you build, you get to choose all the colors/carpets/shingles, etc., and get it put on your land exactly where you want to be. But if buying an existing home, you have to do a lot of shopping. Nothing beats ordering.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #19
deltakilo
Permagrinned

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SSRS M6
I'm looking to order one as well. I'm just worried about the dealer wanting to get a bigger profit from me :\ there an easy way to ensure MSRP? or lower?
deltakilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #20
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Dealer is always wanting to make the max profit off you, it's how they stay in business. But you have the option of walking out just like buying off the lot. Do your homework first and find the cars true value then go into the dealer. The more you know the better. For me my target on the vert was anything below MSRP. If I could get the dealer to honor the GM prefered pricing was good. Ended up asking for the prefered pricing minus $1k. After a little while they agreed. Long day but got what I wanted.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:38 AM   #21
MontanaKnight

Drives: Dreaming Of the 2011 SS2 A6 - Soon
Another thing I haven't seen posted yet. Most states have a lemon law. So there is not that much of a risk.
MontanaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #22
cardsfan09

Drives: SS/RS 6M, '98 Z71 p/u
When I ordered mine in august of '09 almost every dealer was tacking on between 5 to 10K over msrp, I was able to get mine at sticker exactly the way I wanted my car to be, no frills, just that roaring V8 and 6 gears to grab, thank God you can turn off the stabilitrac so you can let her do a little dancing when you want to. I learned how to read maps a long time ago, so I sure don't need or want a car telling me when to turn, lol. The guages look nice, but they don't make a car run any better. Mine may be somewhat of a plain jane, but she is mine and that was definately why I ordered rather than buying from dealer stock, but back then there just wasn't much in stock.
cardsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:11 AM   #23
BLIZZARD_2010_SS
"BLIZZARD"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6.2L A6, Olympic White
As luck would have it. When we got BLIZZARD, we had done substantial research prior to even leaving the house to snoop dealers lots. In fact in late '06 , when Monica and I met. I showed her the concept Camaro pictures and she was hooked. In mid '07 after getting our house, we established accounts for our utilities with 2010 camaro as a log in. DESTINY? One day after thanksgiving of '09 on a whim we hit the dealer to snoop.....and what to our wandering eyes appeared, but a white 2ss with everything we wanted. Roof, halos, midnight silver wheels, no stripes. 1 plus years later we are still in love with this car. Ordering one or not, Camaro is a statement, lifestyle, and a wonderful change of pace from the "ME TOO" cars of the past 10 years. God bless all and keep the Camaro stories coming.

Camaro #65,352
BLIZZARD_2010_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #24
justjeff52

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagled View Post
I'm a little surprised to see how often people order cars on this forum. I'd always thought ordering a car is a large risk to take. Has the quality of manufacturing improved to the point that people feel like ordering cars is like ordering a new computer?

I guess I'm old school enough, to think that you only order a car if you have very special requirements that cannot be met from the dealer stock. But I've seen posts here from people ordering "stripper" cars without any options... I presume because they plan to mod it out to the max, themselves?
Ordered or dealer stock, they come from the same plant so actually the dealer stock was "ordered" by the dealer. I know I ordered because I couldn't get the interior color I wanted if I didn't. And I have the utmost faith in the factory dudes that build these cars.
justjeff52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 PM   #25
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
For me I ordered because this is a VERY, VERY special car to me. I wanted it to come exactly the way I wanted, nothing more or nothing less. It has made the experience
just awesome knowing the car was built to my specs and was being made just for me.
It's hard for me to explain what this car means to me.
This is where I'm at. Mine was literally "built for ME" and it was built on my birthday to make it even sweeter. Once I placed the order it had a life of it's own.