Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #15
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Hate to say this but...I'd never buy a Camaro when it first comes it..too many problems wrong..I'd wait a year.
If you ask me this apply to all cars. The first year after many model has been redesigned is a must wait to avoid problems and to let the manufacturer fix problems like the ones posted by the OP. 2011 Camaro for the win. Hopefully bug free.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #16
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILHELM View Post
If you ask me this apply to all cars. The first year after many model has been redesigned is a must wait to avoid problems and to let the manufacturer fix problems like the ones posted by the OP. 2011 Camaro for the win. Hopefully bug free.
This is not always the best way to go. You can look this up for yourself. The Sky had MORE problems second model year, because they changed things. The 07 had fewer issues than the 08. The 08 actually had a bad brake pump that was FAILING and causing brake lose.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #17
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
Hate to say this but...I'd never buy a Camaro when it first comes it..too many problems wrong..I'd wait a year.

Unfortunately you're right. I am HATING my camaro purchase experience. I plopped down $20k 4 months ago and have received Sweet A all from everyone at GM and the dealer about my car.

Now what? Cables are melting? Brakes need weights to be balanced? Window indexing issues? Leaking trunks?

I know we're all Camaro entusiasts here but my THRILL at grabbing this puppy has long gone. I'll be test driving this week (Mustangs, Chargers, 300z's, and 1-2 others and if I find a car that fits me, I'm buying it and driving it to my dealer and demanding my money back. (Let me know if anyone wants pics)
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #18
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Unfortunately you're right. I am HATING my camaro purchase experience. I plopped down $20k 4 months ago and have received Sweet A all from everyone at GM and the dealer about my car.

Now what? Cables are melting? Brakes need weights to be balanced? Window indexing issues? Leaking trunks?

I know we're all Camaro entusiasts here but my THRILL at grabbing this puppy has long gone. I'll be test driving this week (Mustangs, Chargers, 300z's, and 1-2 others and if I find a car that fits me, I'm buying it and driving it to my dealer and demanding my money back. (Let me know if anyone wants pics)
Are you serious, these are not deal breakers. And you are acting like the other cars will be problem free, try going to other forums. ALL CARS HAVE ISSUES.

If it was not for the forums you would get your car in ignorant bliss.......learn to filter what you read, do not sweat it!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #19
BLUEMARO
A Classical Greek

Drives: DTS, Bonneville and an SS !
Quote:

Think of the poor souls who are waiting to get a year old one to save some money
BLUEMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Gang - Please don't get me wrong about the Camaro. Its great! If you want it, go for it.
You know that from time to time you'll find glitches in some cars, whether its first model year or the the last. So far considering the fact that there are a only handful of issues and GMs been on top of them this is pretty amazing.

Again, don't take my gremlins as reasons for re-considering your decisions. They aren't biggies, and could as easily have been on a Chally, Mustang, Bently, Lotus, etc.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #21
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
Quote:

Cables - fixed within the first week of something happening
LMAO @ Brakes need Balanced...
Leaking TRUNK - that was a quality control issue were 1 person F'd up
First time I've heard of Window issue

How many problems have you had?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #22
Chief00

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM
Quote:

One question, How will you be feeling the first time a 2010 Camaro pulls up next to you at a light?:(

Patience!!
Chief00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #23
golfer1

Drives: orange/black/orange 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
The car is great, its everything and more than I was expecting. But, in the 5 days and 550 miles since I picked it up from the dealer I've had the following "gremlins" (not the AMC ones) creep up.

The trunk lid occasionally refuses to open. When using the inside trunk release (on the drivers side door) and both the remotes, it just makes a clicking noise for as long as you hold the open buttons down. Had to pull down the back seat, crawl into the trunk, pull the emergency trunk release lever and push up the trunk lid to get it opened. Almost happened again today, but after several times pushing the trunk release on the remote it opened. Tried it about 20 more times, no problem. Sprayed a bit of silcone spray on the lock/catch mechanism. (BTW there is no "key entry" for the trunk, only electromechanical). Will keep an eye on it and report back to you and if necessary the dealer (but have a feeling its one of those things where it will never happen at the dealer).

Yesterday after washing it, I opened both drivers side and passenger windows and then tried closing them. Drivers side kept going up half way and then cycling back down. Tried it several times, same thing. Checked so see if there was something blocking its travel in the tracks, nothing. Tried it again, same thing. Tried to push down on the window as it was going up to see if it was perhaps an overly sensitive safety feature and it went right up. No problem on the passenger side. NOTE: If there is safety feature to stop the window from going all the way up if there is resistance it doesn't work. Almost took my hand off!.

Yes I realize its new and a new model and there will be things like this and others that will come up. Thought I'd put this out there to see if others are having other "growing pains" with their cars.

Solution: Gremlin bells
golfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #24
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Just take it to the dealer
Old 05-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #25
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
GM's Ass is almost grass and they are counting on this car to be one of their saviors........don't you think they won't go out of their way to make things right if there is an issue? There are bound to be "issues" but I'm guessing (hoping) that they will bend over backwards to make things right.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #26
mmbarberoilman

Drives: 2SS, 48 Plymouth, 77 Coup Deville
This sucks. I am taking mine back and asking for a refund!!!! Mine, knock on wood has been great. 1300 miles and no problem other than the recall that was fixed the day the public found out and they gave us a $100 service voucher. The public loves it and people are still taking pictures of it in traffic. It is a celebrity anywhere we go. IBM 2SS Auto.
mmbarberoilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #27
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
The trunk lid occasionally refuses to open. When using the inside trunk release (on the drivers side door) and both the remotes, it just makes a clicking noise for as long as you hold the open buttons down. Had to pull down the back seat, crawl into the trunk, pull the emergency trunk release lever and push up the trunk lid to get it opened. Almost happened again today, but after several times pushing the trunk release on the remote it opened. Tried it about 20 more times, no problem. Sprayed a bit of silcone spray on the lock/catch mechanism. (BTW there is no "key entry" for the trunk, only electromechanical). Will keep an eye on it and report back to you and if necessary the dealer (but have a feeling its one of those things where it will never happen at the dealer).
That was happening to the dealer car at the dealership I am getting my Camaro from. All they had to do is a small adjustment to the trunk latch.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #28
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
It doesn't matter how good something is, there are always going to be spoiled children expecting the entire world to revolve around them, and that every little issue they hear bout is gospel and WILL happen to them and someone is going to wipe their nose for them. Sheesh! Grow a pair already.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote